Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 183201 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 21:25:27 »

Heard a load of loud music from my flat in Devizes earlier, so went for a wander to see where it was coming from.
Ten minutes up the road I found a chap had put his DJ equipment up on some scaffolding, the speakers, lasers, disco lights shining on houses - the lot.
The whole street were dancing in their gardens, kids having a ball, and the nosey ones like me that went to have a look what was going on all keeping their distance.
A couple of police cars turned up, I assume to disperse a crowd or had received a noise complaint, but after seeing what was going and when the DJ said hopefully they put their lights on, they truly obliged and helped light the street even more for a good ten minutes.
It was pretty surreal and I’m glad I went and had a look to be honest, it put a smile on my face.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 21:27:23 by Quagmire » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 21:31:46 »

Bored shitless here. Curry didn't turn out as well I would have liked Angry Getting drunk on the last few cans of Carling premier I have left and listening to Doc Scott streaming live.

I actually find the cooking process of a curry as enjoyable, if not more than, the eating.  The smells, the tasting as you go, usually it’s my wife running the show and me chopping and dicing.

It has been a gorgeous day today, so been popping out onto the deck/balcony to enjoy some beer and wine, after some earlier mowing of the lawn and squeezing in a board game with the family.  I am very happy in my own company so I find myself enjoying this a little.  I’ve only been past the front garden once in three weeks now.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 21:34:17 »

Also said hi to the new neighbours who have moved from Dallas but originally from S Korea.  Their little kids keeps shouting hi from their deck.

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, April 4, 2020, 21:52:38 »

I actually find the cooking process of a curry as enjoyable, if not more than, the eating.  The smells, the tasting as you go, usually it’s my wife running the show and me chopping and dicing.

It has been a gorgeous day today, so been popping out onto the deck/balcony to enjoy some beer and wine, after some earlier mowing of the lawn and squeezing in a board game with the family.  I am very happy in my own company so I find myself enjoying this a little.  I’ve only been past the front garden once in three weeks now.

Me and the Mrs can't do that together. Just ends in argument. We just let the other one get on with it.
I'd gladly stay in even though I'm bored. For safeties sake alone I'd be happy with it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 03:08:53 »

we've been shopping for a couple of old ladies.
Did you find them? How much did they cost? What sort of shop sells them? Are you a pervert?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 07:35:09 »

Heard a load of loud music from my flat in Devizes earlier, so went for a wander to see where it was coming from.
Ten minutes up the road I found a chap had put his DJ equipment up on some scaffolding, the speakers, lasers, disco lights shining on houses - the lot.
The whole street were dancing in their gardens, kids having a ball, and the nosey ones like me that went to have a look what was going on all keeping their distance.
A couple of police cars turned up, I assume to disperse a crowd or had received a noise complaint, but after seeing what was going and when the DJ said hopefully they put their lights on, they truly obliged and helped light the street even more for a good ten minutes.
It was pretty surreal and I’m glad I went and had a look to be honest, it put a smile on my face.

Enterprising.
Valid Pint

« Reply #351 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 08:41:14 »

I am doing Olympic gold medallist Max Whitlock's five home exercises.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:43:27 »

Walked up to barbury castle today, was good.

Saw a yellowhammer (apparently) on the way back too.

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 13:47:37 »

Yellow fucker
Valid Pint

« Reply #354 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 14:18:47 »

Walked up to barbury castle today, was good.

Saw a yellowhammer (apparently) on the way back too.
Was Barbury Castle deserted apart from you?

Isn't Yellowhammer the codename of the contingency plans against project fear, but some have been used in the current circumstances?

Discouraging groupthink since 2020
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 14:21:10 »

Not totally deserted, but very few people there. Saw one family having a sit down, and two other couples whilst I was there (one of which were on horseback)

There were a few cars and a van parked up outside the entrance though, on the science museum side

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:18:04 »

Gave the outside space a damn good cleaning today to prepare for the period of better weather. We only get the sun until about 2/3 so going to have breakfast outside and may take the laptop out for work if the internet signal will function ok outside.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:19:47 »

I am I doing Olympic gold medallist Max Whitlock's five home exercises.

No trip to Devon?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:22:11 »

I was in the garden earlier and spotted a plane flying overhead. I pointed and almost said "iron bird"  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 16:27:07 »

I was in the garden earlier and spotted a plane flying overhead. I pointed and almost said "iron bird"  Smiley

Haha I know the feeling. We are on the Gatwick airport flight path and generally we get a plane over the garden every 45 seconds or so. Now it’s nothing and it’s great to be able to hear birdsong rather than bloody great jet engines!! That said we did see a plan earlier and the wife and I had a similar moment that you had! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: