Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 181272 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 11:57:21 »

Today is the first day of my wife working from home.  (She's a divorce lawyer.  She'll be busy soon.  If anyone needs advice I'll pass on her details!) The 2 kids also being at home.  4 of us in a small terraced house.

Tomorrow is 14 days since Ive worked.  14 days since I was running a gig with the great unwashed.  I don't seem to have any symptoms so I am quite happy.

And In response to the question in the forum subject, Im doing cock all.  Again.  Except reading a book about a soul searching for its abandoned body and a boy's search for his friends corpse in a South Korean massacre.

Cheery stuff.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #226 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 12:09:51 »

Tomorrow is 14 days since Ive worked.  14 days since I was running a gig with the great unwashed.  I don't seem to have any symptoms so I am quite happy.
Little goals mate, I have been out once in the last 14 days but that was to Swindon a week today, so I am hoping that I can last another week with no extra symptoms then I will be as happy as I can be with another 11 week sheilding left.

The wife has always worked from home but shes busier than ever now with all her clients doing videos of fitness instructing via zoom or facebook so she has to organise that, its a bit mad at the moment.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 30, 2020, 12:11:24 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 12:18:47 »

Yeah, sorry to hear you've got to have 12 weeks.  All for the best I guess.  The little things on the other side are going to be massive pleasures, just going out for a coffee or anything like that.

Ive been to the shops but Im feeling really weird about going out running or anything.  It feels wrong.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:10:29 »

Ive been to the shops but Im feeling really weird about going out running or anything.  It feels wrong.
It's not wrong, it's essential. Exercise is vital to both your physical and mental well being. Just maybe don't go running through the middle of Sainsburys!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:13:05 »

We booked a trip to Iceland yesterday in the hope its sodded off enough by February to actually go.

Bit of a risk given no cancellation insurance for obvious reasons, but the flights were dirt cheap.

Always wanted to see the northern lights a cloudy sky.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:13:33 »

What Paul said. Being cooped up, becoming less fit and in poorer mental health is a terrible health outcome in and of itself. There's a reason there's an exception for exercise, and unless you're super high risk or in a really difficult area, a sensible, socially distanced walk should be as close to zero risk as you can get. 
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:23:00 »

I am still doing exercise, just not the running.  I did have a stupid plan that lasted a couple of days of doing 10k a day until the 5th of May (5th of May being the next day I have work booked in for.  Obviously it will be cancelled) that lasted 2 days.

Im now back using the garage to do HIIT sessions.  Which is enough.  Ive kind of fallen out of love with running.  I've done the limit of what Im going to do so unless I can work out some other target that really attracts me the garage it is.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:32:00 »

can I borrow your right knee Sax?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:39:59 »

We booked a trip to Iceland yesterday in the hope its sodded off enough by February to actually go.

Bit of a risk given no cancellation insurance for obvious reasons, but the flights were dirt cheap.

Always wanted to see the northern lights a cloudy sky.

Good idea Batch. We're thinking of a winter break at the start of next year. I'm beginning to think we may have quite a lot of holiday to carry forward into next year so taking advantage of the cheaper flights could be beneficial. Of course its a risk as we don't know how long this is going to go on but surely to goodness we'll be somewhere back to normal by Q1 2021?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:46:44 »

can I borrow your right knee Sax?

Yeah sure, thats the only good one Ive got.  The left has an unrepaired ruptured cruciate ligament.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 13:59:52 »

I am still doing exercise, just not the running.  I did have a stupid plan that lasted a couple of days of doing 10k a day until the 5th of May (5th of May being the next day I have work booked in for.  Obviously it will be cancelled) that lasted 2 days.

Im now back using the garage to do HIIT sessions.  Which is enough.  Ive kind of fallen out of love with running.  I've done the limit of what Im going to do so unless I can work out some other target that really attracts me the garage it is.
That's fair enough, each to their own and all that, but please make sure you're also getting out for a walk at least. Seeing some sky and getting some air is just as important for (mental) health as the fitness
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 12:13:27 »

Just went out for a walk around the park - adhering to the 2m rules etc.

There were 2 Police vans patrolling the park. Its so weird to see that!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 12:20:58 »

Today I have been mostly in a place where none of this happening.
Where Messrs Branson, Martin and Ashley are at the head of a new breed of philanthropic altruists, where people cough only to cover up farts, where the majority of hand wringing is done under a tap and not online.
So, just landed in Nottingham. A few beers ahead of the short trip to Mansfield and a glorious 3-0 victory to follow on from the 5-0 thrashing of Walsall at the weekend. The GP scoring all 8 of them.
And yes, most not importantly, we do win the league.

Anyway, back to the mixture of worry, down in the dumps and trying to carry on.
Hope there can be some long-term positives once this is all over.
Austerity off the table for good for one, whatever the circumstances.
Most people are decent though and it shouldn’t take a crisis for people to look out for each other.

Right, enough of that bollocks.
I’m off to spy on the neighbours and grass up anyone who is lingering outdoors.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 12:32:46 »

Just went out for a walk around the park - adhering to the 2m rules etc.
Now, that’s what I call a short walk!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 13:29:33 »

Went for a thirty minute jog round the Town Gardens this morning, which is about all I can manage these days, but I would like to do two runs as in pre-virus days.

The missus is a nurse now working in a COPD ward, and I do hope she'll be safe and protected there.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 13:32:27 by normy » Logged

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: