Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185136 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 15:16:58 »

That's a valid pint Paul
Cheesy
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 16:06:15 »

I appreciate a good troll, depending on how they go about it.

Some can be very intelligent and witty; with a creativity that you just have to admire when you realise you've been suckered in.

Ours are rather bland, though, and also rather too obvious. It takes the right amount of subtlety otherwise people just see right through it straight away. It makes one wonder why the trolls on the TEF even bother - they are woefully ineffective.

Dunno. Reg has been running rings around you guys for ages.
Flashheart

« Reply #77 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 16:08:18 »

As I've been saying for months. He doesn't fall into the ineffective category I suppose.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 17:41:02 »

Government has relaxed the rules around HGV's: the 9 hour daily driving has been increased to 11 hours. The 4.5 hours driving before a 45 min rest has been increased to 5.5 hours and the daily rest period has been decreased from 11 hours to 9 hours. Also the number of continuous driving days (Before a weekly rest period) has increased from 6 days to 7.

I'm struggling to sympathise with the ordeals home workers are facing....

It's All Good..............
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 17:53:35 »

Bit of a taradiddle this. Was at Ascot last year with number one son and after quite a few beers between us I mentioned to him that I always wanted to (try and) play bass guitar. Thought no more of it until Fathers day when one appeared on the doorstep and duly signed for. He apparently had bought it for me online one Friday night after once again having a few beers, then thought about it some more and cancelled the order. Obviously I thought it required sending back but lo and behold the company returned his money and here we are quite a few months down the road with no request for a return of said instrument. So now I have a bass guitar, and he is not out of pocket, the company has not chased him up and all is well.

This brings me on to what am I doing. Trying to learn how to play the bass guitar adequately. I have been using online You Tube videos and downloaded "tabs" and sheet music regarding scales/chords/arpeggios etc. etc. over a period of a few months but not really progressing much, so now is the time to up the practising and get to some sort of level. Never the intention to be in a group but would like to be able to play along with music and like many of us, now have plenty of time.

I picked up my first bass agreed 39. Formed a band and still playing.  My method was to learn songs, never bothered with scales and the like.  I can now play quite a few songs.  If it's just you then pick songs you like and get on YouTube, off you go!

Any questions, just ask.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
REDBUCK

« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:15:58 »

Government has relaxed the rules around HGV's: the 9 hour daily driving has been increased to 11 hours. The 4.5 hours driving before a 45 min rest has been increased to 5.5 hours and the daily rest period has been decreased from 11 hours to 9 hours. Also the number of continuous driving days (Before a weekly rest period) has increased from 6 days to 7.

I'm struggling to sympathise with the ordeals home workers are facing....

Yes, listening to the struggles of Parents in their efforts to parent their children for more than a few hours is interesting. Parenting experts have never been so popular on radio phone ins
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:30:09 »

I picked up my first bass agreed 39. Formed a band and still playing.  My method was to learn songs, never bothered with scales and the like.  I can now play quite a few songs.  If it's just you then pick songs you like and get on YouTube, off you go!

Any questions, just ask.

Agreed. Bassists dont need to learn scales. Just play the root note of whatever chord your guitarist is playing, no ones listening to you anyway ;-)

Guitarists however, practicing scales is what makes you good!
Valid Pint

« Reply #82 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:32:11 »

Has this account made any posts that *haven't* been active trolling?
I apologise if I have offended you or anyone else. I am merely projecting my point of view. I understand that might be uncomfortable to some & imbalance the groupthink in this forum.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:49:51 »

I apologise if I have offended you or anyone else. I am merely projecting my point of view. I understand that might be uncomfortable to some & imbalance the groupthink in this forum.

The account of your fish supper and related exploits had the hallmarks of a low level, and not particularly adept, troll.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:58:27 »

Looks like I'll be working from home now. Got a few jobs lined up, clearing the loft and garage, a bit of painting.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 21:04:29 »

I’d be on the road again tomorrow as an essential worker. Enjoying a rather nice Aussie red right now after a 12 hour stint. Be rude not to on my birthday.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 21:10:22 »

I’d be on the road again tomorrow as an essential worker. Enjoying a rather nice Aussie red right now after a 12 hour stint. Be rude not to on my birthday.

Happy birthday LL.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 21:12:25 »

Happy birthday LL.

I’m a Tory remember, cash only 😉
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 21:24:17 »

I’m a Tory remember, cash only 😉

Advised that payments should be card only in these Coronavirus times! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 21:31:38 »

Advised that payments should be card only in these Coronavirus times! Smiley

Take an IOU, it is after all the Labour way to do things 😁 low key this year big big one next year assuming I make it 🤣🤣🤣
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: