Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 181227 times)
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:15:16 »

Letting some of my cows and calves out for the summer now that the weather is improving. Usually chat to some people who live close to the fields I use but nobody about this morning,message seems to be getting through. Also re watching episodes of Inspector Montalbano and looking longingly at the last two slices of bread, should at least lose some weight

You're lucky, my cows are still in and my boss has decided to sell the cows which should be going in about 3 weeks, fortunately it looks like i bagged another job or i will have to do relief milking
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:16:04 »

Working (from home)

Providing IT cover for the 600 staff at home who dont know how to click an icon to connect via VPN. It is quiet though hence being on here.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:16:09 »

Have a look on YouTube for plyometric exercises. There are 100s for all parts of the body and generally you can do them with either just your body weight or basic equipment like a step or box.
That said, haven’t followed my own advice at all. Can’t find the motivation but it will be important to stay as physically and mentally healthy as possible.

If you are prepared to part with some cash, I recommend Beachbody workouts.  Started with Insanity on DVD after seeing the late night infomercials.

Nothing to see here

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:18:38 »

I've just cleaned the conservatory roof. Got pissed on the Carling premier last night.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:22:19 »

How much carling does one have to drink to get drunk on it?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:25:39 »

I had 12 cans which is more than my usual Saturday night intake.  It's 4.7% so slightly stronger than your regular stuff. Also it's not gassy so goes downs treat. Groggy today.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:02:05 »

I’m signing up for the Greek version of Rosetta Stone. Under €5 a month if I sign up for 2 years.

Will I be here in 2 years time is the question or will the virus get me first!

Learning the language is a great idea. When we bought our place in Turkey we started to do Turkish lessons but that’s fizzled out. I know enough so say hello how are you etc and what words are for food and drink but that’s really about it. Clearly as you are there for the long(ish) haul this is a great opportunity to learn the lingo!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Valid Pint

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:19:37 »

Currently on a train in Devon on a weekend break. Towns are bustling with people. Customers sat outside cafes in the sunshine. Toilet roll is readily available for sale in the shops, although food stocks do seem a bit depleted.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:21:11 by Valid Pint » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:24:18 »

And in Thailand...

Last night thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of Bangkokians travelled to stay with family up country. Many departing from massive petri dishes (packed bus stations), taking with them whatever contagions they pick up.

Isaan is a poor region. It'll be fucked in a pandemic.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:30:53 »

Learning the language is a great idea. When we bought our place in Turkey we started to do Turkish lessons but that’s fizzled out. I know enough so say hello how are you etc and what words are for food and drink but that’s really about it. Clearly as you are there for the long(ish) haul this is a great opportunity to learn the lingo!
Whether it’s just an age thing, but if I learn a few words/phrases and then don’t actually use them I forget what I’ve learnt.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:34:46 »

Currently anti bac wiping the whole house now have some  Suicide
This isolation thing is boring, necessary but still...
Not really a gamer either  Crash though could dust off the laptop and play silent hunter 3.
If the mrs leaves me alone 
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:43:27 »

Bit of a taradiddle this. Was at Ascot last year with number one son and after quite a few beers between us I mentioned to him that I always wanted to (try and) play bass guitar. Thought no more of it until Fathers day when one appeared on the doorstep and duly signed for. He apparently had bought it for me online one Friday night after once again having a few beers, then thought about it some more and cancelled the order. Obviously I thought it required sending back but lo and behold the company returned his money and here we are quite a few months down the road with no request for a return of said instrument. So now I have a bass guitar, and he is not out of pocket, the company has not chased him up and all is well.

This brings me on to what am I doing. Trying to learn how to play the bass guitar adequately. I have been using online You Tube videos and downloaded "tabs" and sheet music regarding scales/chords/arpeggios etc. etc. over a period of a few months but not really progressing much, so now is the time to up the practising and get to some sort of level. Never the intention to be in a group but would like to be able to play along with music and like many of us, now have plenty of time.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:46:46 »

Currently on a train in Devon on a weekend break. Towns are bustling with people. Customers sat outside cafes in the sunshine. Toilet roll is readily available for sale in the shops, although food stocks do seem a bit depleted.

Proof that people are selfish morons.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 14:21:46 »

Working (from home)

Providing IT cover for the 600 staff at home who dont know how to click an icon to connect via VPN. It is quiet though hence being on here.

That's like me. I have had to train staff on usiny office 365....

Seriously, these are teachers, grown adults, with degrees...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 15:21:36 »

Why the fuck are you gallivanting about in Devon when you would have heard the warnings before you left.    Fucking Amazing.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: