Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 183452 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 08:55:56 »

Difficult to fill your day when in lockdown. So what are you up to?

I’m blanching heaps of veg ready for freezing - the excitement knows no bounds here!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 09:16:13 »

Spending time with the family.

Will probably take the boy out for walk later and stay socially distance and try not to bump into any TEFers this time!!!

He’s had a few issues with his skin recently so has taken up a lot mine and the wife’s time recently. Plus we are both still working. I’m a key person (!!) and she can WFH
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 09:18:55 »

Box sets, box sets, box sets.

Will probably start on the garden etc.

Cant go anywhere because of the mrs, who is feeling perkier today
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:06:24 »

Netflix, playing a few PC games, fixing things round the house, watching old TV, chatting to old friends on Facebook.

Normal sort of day for me with or without Covid19.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:10:06 »

Going out on a bike ride.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:12:26 »

Going to a pub garden

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:39:43 »

I’ve barely left the house since Monday and starting to get concerned about my lack of excercise. On a day to day basis I average 15k steps a day via walking and gym.

I’m wanting to start going outside for lunchtime walks but obviously don’t want to endanger anyone so thinking of going to Battersea Park and back during the week. But what is the best way to replicate what I’m doing in the gym, weights etc. Obviously press ups and stomach crunches/sit ups are good but does anyone have any advise? Ideally I’d like to have a routine I can get into to help aid the mental side of it.

I don’t want to get into the habit of just watching tv and playing Football Manager the whole time! We’ve been keeping off the booze until the weekends to give us something to look forward to.

Waiting to hear from local charities as we’ve also offered ourselves up to volunteering to help people During this time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:55:43 »

I'm trying to keep to routine, but in truth working from home can help get me out the lazy far bastards life I've had since fucking up my knee.

the elliptical is right in the next room. I have no commute. replace commute with  elliptical - eventually anyway, not up to it yet.

but need to get out house and walk around a bit.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:08:08 »

Just been out for a walk, through Kembrey Park then along the footpath by BMW and back again.
Not the most exciting of urban walks but it’s quiet with a few cyclists and dog walkers and someone even said good morning.  Smiley
Need to try and do this on a daily basis while it's still allowed.

Could do with catching up on ripping some CD’s and can multi task with that as well, or might just sit and watch the progress bar.

I’m used to working from home so this isn’t far from the norm anyway (going to gigs and football etc aside). With free weekends can spread the working week out a bit as well.

Will look in on distant friends via email. Old school!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:13:07 »

I’m signing up for the Greek version of Rosetta Stone. Under €5 a month if I sign up for 2 years.

Will I be here in 2 years time is the question or will the virus get me first!
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:49:01 »

I’ve barely left the house since Monday and starting to get concerned about my lack of excercise. On a day to day basis I average 15k steps a day via walking and gym.

I’m wanting to start going outside for lunchtime walks but obviously don’t want to endanger anyone so thinking of going to Battersea Park and back during the week. But what is the best way to replicate what I’m doing in the gym, weights etc. Obviously press ups and stomach crunches/sit ups are good but does anyone have any advise? Ideally I’d like to have a routine I can get into to help aid the mental side of it.

I don’t want to get into the habit of just watching tv and playing Football Manager the whole time! We’ve been keeping off the booze until the weekends to give us something to look forward to.

Waiting to hear from local charities as we’ve also offered ourselves up to volunteering to help people During this time.

Have a look on YouTube for plyometric exercises. There are 100s for all parts of the body and generally you can do them with either just your body weight or basic equipment like a step or box.
That said, haven’t followed my own advice at all. Can’t find the motivation but it will be important to stay as physically and mentally healthy as possible.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:55:17 »

Had a lie in left the house at 9.30am to pop to Sainsbury's . I only needed some friut and veg and a few odds but i knew if i didn't get their early, i had no chance. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many people being so courteous well behaved. Shelves were still being stocked by staff but there was no pushing or shoving which was nice to see.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:56:55 »

Letting some of my cows and calves out for the summer now that the weather is improving. Usually chat to some people who live close to the fields I use but nobody about this morning,message seems to be getting through. Also re watching episodes of Inspector Montalbano and looking longingly at the last two slices of bread, should at least lose some weight
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:00:13 »

I'm doing pretty much what I always do. A spot of gaming now and I'll be playing with my boy a bit later.

Tomorrow - back to work. Which also means that I will be doing what I usually do. Hoping for some MDMA relief next weekend, I'm not sure about the logistics of that yet, though.
scillyred

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:10:20 »

Golf this morning (whilst I still can) - only 7 of us played which is normal & kept a goodly distance away from each other.
Was planning to antifoul the boat this pm but have decided to wait and see whether total lockdown occurs - it's bloody expensive paint !
Scrabble this evening, Mrs Scillyred (BA Hons) has challenged me (Oxford Poly Diploma) to a summer tournament !
Currently 2-2 as I managed a couple of lucky 7 letter words - bon't feel it is not going to end well for me  Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: