Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185113 times)
Valid Pint

« Reply #990 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 06:46:19 »

Why haven't you been back since?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 08:31:15 »

Not packing ahead of not setting off to Pembroke tomorrow for 6 or 7 days walking along the Pembrokeshire coast.

Making do with the allotments along the path behind Crowdys Hill school as the scenic view.

Lovely down there, my mum spent the last 15+ years of her life living in Pembroke whilst my sister still lives down there, just a shame its so bloody far away from here, not been down since mums funeral!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 22:54:27 »

Lovely down there, my mum spent the last 15+ years of her life living in Pembroke whilst my sister still lives down there, just a shame its so bloody far away from here, not been down since mums funeral!

You must make a visit mate (when it's safer/more responsible to do so). We spend so much of our lives saying "I will do this" or "I would do this but it <<insert excuse>>" and whilst yes it's true, life can get in the way of things, it is surely better to not look back in 20 years or something thinking "I still haven't been/done that".

This is by no means a dig. Just an encouragement to not allow the passage of time and feel you missed an opportunity. Sometimes we just have to say fuck it and go/do/experience that thing. So when acceptable to do so, crack on  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 07:41:19 »

One of my mates, is attending a virtual funeral for his late cousin today. How sad.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #994 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 07:54:59 »

One of my mates, is attending a virtual funeral for his late cousin today. How sad.
When my last living uncle died of Covid early in lockdown we were not even allowed a virtual funeral as they didn't have the facilities at that point, it was attended by just my aunt and his 2 daughters, very difficult to deal with.

We are having a family get together for him after distancing has alleviated more.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 08:03:18 »

It is so sad, that so many people in the world have died alone.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 09:50:08 »

Anybody successfully booked a slot at the tip?  Or should I say the Household Waste Recycling Centre. Back garden is now reminiscent of Steptoes' yard

No one kills a thread like me....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 09:50:55 »

Anybody successfully booked a slot at the tip?  Or should I say the Household Waste Recycling Centre. Back garden is now reminiscent of Steptoes' yard

hahahaha. More chance of winning the lottery I think. Was trying to get a Friday though.

Hopefully the rush will die down over the next week or three.

Note: All time slots for cars to visit the HWRC are now booked up to and including Wednesday, 17 June. You can still book a slot for a van. New slots for cars and vans will be available at 10.00am on Wednesday, 3 June.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 09:52:50 by Batch » Logged
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 09:58:56 »

Yeah - as I am experiencing.  I have got a couple of days off work end of next week I was aiming for so will start trying to book at 0950 tomorrow for next Thursday to see how I get on.

It's like trying to get tickets for the most sought after concert in history (and to start a discussion maybe, Led Zeppelin 2007 is my shout)

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:00:05 »

hahahaha. More chance of winning the lottery I think. Was trying to get a Friday though.

Hopefully the rush will die down over the next week or three.

I think they are being way too protective let's don't forget it's outdoors and your never very close to anyone

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:00:16 »

Unless you are using a van, you are stuffed for next Thurday. Unless they've held back car slots for the guest list Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1001 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:01:26 »

You have to book a slot to use the tip?

Wow, down here in Chard its just odds and evens alternating number plate days, the queue is normally about 20 to 30 mins but its just garden waste and non recyclables at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:04:25 »

Yeah - as I am experiencing.  I have got a couple of days off work end of next week I was aiming for so will start trying to book at 0950 tomorrow for next Thursday to see how I get on.

It's like trying to get tickets for the most sought after concert in history (and to start a discussion maybe, Led Zeppelin 2007 is my shout)
A friend of mine posted on FB she'd managed to get a slot and compared it to getting Glastonbury tickets. Which prompted a slightly sad reflection on how life under lockdown had changed her horizons
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:20:05 »

It's currently saying booked until/including next Wednesday,next booking slot opens tomorrow again at 1000.  I'll give it a go, failing that might get in early and drive down to Pilton Farm and dump the shit there, get an early start for next years rubbish at Glasto!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 10:22:28 »

Fly tipping has gone through nthe roof up here.

They did reopen the tip but rapidly closed it as there was an 'altercation', apparently its the Councils fault that twats cannot behave themselves like grown ups.

That's why we aren't allowed nice things in Cumbria.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: