Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185036 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:34:27 »

We were sat in the Town block almost on the halfway line too, about half way up the stand, directly opposite the Royal Box about 3 or 4 yards away from the Leicester fans, they were taunting us so much when it went to 3-3 but we got our own back at the end!

In a similar position opp the RB near the front only a few yards away from the Leicester supporters. Got a bit nasty at 3-3.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:46:21 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:35:36 »

I was standing near the corner flag. I got split up outside afterwards and ended up amongst all the Leicester fans  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #962 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:39:14 »

In a similar position opp the RB near the front only a few yards away from the Leicester supporters. Gita bit nasty at 3-3.
They were like a cage full of monkeys, beating their hests and throwing things at us, I lost a lot of respect for Foxes fans that day, was threatened a few times post match too, unlike when we beat Sunderland who's fans seemed far more accepting of defeat.

Our coach had lots of bottles and cans thrown at it after the Leicester game too by irate Blues fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 09:52:54 »

They were like a cage full of monkeys, beating their hests and throwing things at us, I lost a lot of respect for Foxes fans that day, was threatened a few times post match too, unlike when we beat Sunderland who's fans seemed far more accepting of defeat.

Our coach had lots of bottles and cans thrown at it after the Leicester game too by irate Blues fans.

I’m sure. Though on the grounds of that wise Indian Balansingh, it would have been a similar picture the other way round I suspect not that two wrongs make a right. As was mentioned by someone the ‘ping’ off the inside of the post for the Kerslake goal still to this day sends shivers down my spine. The cherry on the top though was the wise decision to park the car at Uxbridge multi-storey carpark in the shopping centre. Walked down Wembley way after the presentation and striaght onto a tube train. The road out to the M4 was quiet and back home on the beer in no time! 😁
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:01:54 »

I’m sure. Though on the grounds of that wise Indian Balansingh, it would have been a similar picture the other way round I suspect not that two wrongs make a right. As was mentioned by someone the ‘ping’ off the inside of the post for the Kerslake goal still to this day sends shivers down my spine. The cherry on the top though was the wise decision to park the car at Uxbridge multi-storey carpark in the shopping centre. Walked down Wembley way after the presentation and striaght onto a tube train. The road out to the M4 was quiet and back home on the beer in no time! 😁

Agreed.  But it was Maskell.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #965 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:04:18 »

Even with neanderthals highly in evidence that was an amazing day and one I will never forget even if some of it is a bit hazy at times.

You mention about hearing the "ping" off the stanchion.

I remember that clear as day yet not sure how we would have heard it with nearly 80,000 people in there and we were cheering well before it hit the back of the net, the sound is evident on the TV replays as they had a microphone close by but in my head I can see it go in and hear the noise!

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:16:35 »

I've often wondered this as well.  Could be that we're remembering listening to the recording.  Thousands went out to buy the VHS tape in the weeks & months afterwards.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:39:48 »

I was at Leicester Uni at the time.  I wisely travelled back to Swindon after the game to join in the celebrations (making it over to the De Vere just as the players' coach arrived and got to chat to Chalky) but had to take the coach back to Leicester the next morning and walk back to my student digs from the City Centre...still wearing my Town shirt (oh the confidence of youth).  Luckily I was a fast runner in those days!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #968 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:49:04 »

I've often wondered this as well.  Could be that we're remembering listening to the recording.  Thousands went out to buy the VHS tape in the weeks & months afterwards.
Confabulation. There can be no way we actually heard it at the time.

I was at Leicester Uni at the time.  I wisely travelled back to Swindon after the game to join in the celebrations (making it over to the De Vere just as the players' coach arrived and got to chat to Chalky) but had to take the coach back to Leicester the next morning and walk back to my student digs from the City Centre...still wearing my Town shirt (oh the confidence of youth).  Luckily I was a fast runner in those days!
Great memories Smiley

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:53:09 »

I recall having some good natured interactions with some Leicester supporters. I started at the university a year later and, as mentioned previously, went to some of their matches as a student. If all lower league football went tits up some form of legislation was passed compelling everyone to support one of the current premier league teams, I would probably choose them. I have no connection to any of the other teams.

Nothing to see here
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 10:54:12 »

We turned left on to the North Circular instead of right.  Gridlocked traffic on its way to the M1 full of Leicester fans who didnt like the red Austin Maestro festooned with Swindon flags and balloons.

Never knowingly overstated.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:00:07 »

I recall having some good natured interactions with some Leicester supporters. I started at the university a year later and, as mentioned previously, went to some of their matches as a student. If all lower league football went tits up some form of legislation was passed compelling everyone to support one of the current premier league teams, I would probably choose them. I have no connection to any of the other teams.

I also started uni in 95 (I say Uni but it was Demontfort so it doesnt really count).  Spent 7 years in Leicester and have an affection for the place, but the fans can still be dicks.  I went to a few games including the Worthington cup final.

I went to see them in Jan when I was starting a tour there.  Good night out and a decent ground.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:03:54 »

Del Monte and Demonfart were among many of the 'comedic' names we had for the other seat of learning. Oh, how we laughed at the time.

Nothing to see here
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:21:42 »

I did the same in Oxford the day after.  I more or less expected some sort of reaction, just didn't care.  But in the event, not a peep.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 11:24:46 »

Del Monte and Demonfart were among many of the 'comedic' names we had for the other seat of learning. Oh, how we laughed at the time.

I got a very good education there.

Well when I say education, I mean I got very pissed and started working on the ents crew after 2 weeks which has now been essentially what I've done for a living for 25 years!

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: