Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185081 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:27:13 »

Good luck, stay safe. I know you're not frontline frontline but what you do helps keep them going. We all appreciate it.

I'm one of two network engineers, currently building a new RAS VPN solution. Never been so busy!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:27:53 »

I'm working. At work. In a fucking hospital.

You guys are the fucking legends here Jayo. As Paul has said your work is absolutely vital and is so appreciated in these times. Stay strong and safe.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:28:52 »

I'm working. At work. In a fucking hospital.

Love you man. x

Genuinely though. It's appreciated. My wife was dreading going in this morning, but she knew she had to. She wants to.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:29:49 »

Cheers all, I'm "only" an IT guy but one of us needs to be here. My hands are fucking wrecked from washing Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:35:37 »

I had to stop my misses from going out this morning to get butter. We already have butter, she just wanted a different type.

My daughter had a bronchial infection earlier this year and has had pneumonia in the past. I'm on full fucking lockdown, asides from getting the necessities. Guests are also not allowed.

Fortunately for me I'm a freelancer and work from home anyway.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:47:02 »

Cheers all, I'm "only" an IT guy but one of us needs to be here. My hands are fucking wrecked from washing Cheesy
It doesn't matter if you are front line or in the background, your work is essential and very much appreciated, even if it is at the expense of your hand health!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:50:18 »

It doesn't matter if you are front line or in the background, your work is essential and very much appreciated, even if it is at the expense of your hand health!

As long as it doesn't affect the ability to turn it off and back on again! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:01:52 »

Frantically searching for an element for our oven which died 3/4 way through cooking lunch today!
Couldn't get one on line for a couple of days, so spent 2-3 times as much to get one from a couple of miles away. Took it apart this morning, then fitted and tested the new one. Now on the way to work.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:07:13 »

As long as it doesn't affect the ability to turn it off and back on again! Smiley
Computer says no....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Valid Pint

« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:58:00 »

Can any wannabe economists advise please? I keep hearing about how important it is to keep the economy going. I am currently receiving refunds for event tickets & travel I had booked for this spring & summer. Also I am currently not spending as much as the Winchester is closed. Therefore my bank balance is quite healthy. By not spending as much, does that mean all I am doing is not feathering nest of the fat cat (excuse mixed metaphore) remote shareholders, but keeping the money local & thereby helping small business in my vacinity?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 13:03:15 »

How about giving the money to charity.  A lot of people will be struggling.

Never knowingly overstated.
Valid Pint

« Reply #71 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 14:36:51 »

Good idea. I'll do that.
I hear there are plans to help the self-employed to be announced today. Good stuff. Fully deserved for those who have always honestly filled in forms and paid their dues to the govenment, the same as PAYEers do.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 14:41:53 »

Good idea. I'll do that.
I hear there are plans to help the self-employed to be announced today. Good stuff. Fully deserved for those who have always honestly filled in forms and paid their dues to the govenment, the same as PAYEers do.
Has this account made any posts that *haven't* been active trolling?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 14:53:10 »

That's a valid pint Paul
Flashheart

« Reply #74 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 15:16:46 »

I appreciate a good troll, depending on how they go about it.

Some can be very intelligent and witty; with a creativity that you just have to admire when you realise you've been suckered in.

Ours are rather bland, though, and also rather too obvious. It takes the right amount of subtlety otherwise people just see right through it straight away. It makes one wonder why the trolls on the TEF even bother - they are woefully ineffective.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: