Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185150 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Thursday, April 9, 2020, 23:34:49 »

I think that the arrow directions in the aisles are a bit much.  Some people are observing them, but most aren't because they can see that it's not practical

The only way a Supermarket or any shop can achieve that in any way is if it is specifically built with "sealed aisles ". So once you go in you have to follow the aisles all the way around in a predetermined route to get to the checkouts.

Even then it is still difficult to maintain because if Ardiles forgets to pick up his lettuce from aisle 1 but only remembers at say aisle 10, he's got to go against the flow of shoppers.

This is where a store, to maintain the status quo could use their "Here to Help" concierge style workers to go and collect the item we forgot to pick up; while we wait like a pensive kid in the Lost & Found tent.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 10, 2020, 04:14:31 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Valid Pint

« Reply #421 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 03:02:17 »

It's Songkran.

It's probably to stop people getting pissed up and partying. People are less likely to do so if they're sober.

Not that it will work. Every fucker's just going to stock up instead.
I'm going to get lit up (when the lights go up in Swindon).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 11:29:53 »

Fortunate to be able to work from home during the lockdown, and was given permission to work today as well so I can avoid the pointlessness of a four day BH weekend. I'm more pleased about being able to work on a bank holiday than I ever expected to be Smiley
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #423 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 11:36:04 »

I was going to take the missus and her axe out for a spin in the wheelbarrow, but apparently that's not allowed now! Fucking nanny state.

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 11:43:07 »

Four welcome days off now for me. Will be working my way through my lager selection. Cooked a curry for later and doing a BBQ tomorrow.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 11:47:16 »

Pool is blown up and the kids are splashing around. 3 different types of marinade have pork and chicken getting tasty for the bbq later, beers and ciders in the fridge. What I would give to go to a beer garden today however.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 11:59:54 »

Four welcome days off now for me. Will be working my way through my lager selection. Cooked a curry for later and doing a BBQ tomorrow.
tbf you've def earned it. Whereas I've been sat on my fat arse anyway, albeit while working, so the prospect of being sat on my fat arse for another four days but without any work to do doesn't enthrall me
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 12:00:29 »

I was going to take the missus and her axe out for a spin in the wheelbarrow, but apparently that's not allowed now! Fucking nanny state.
Cheesy you owe me a new keyboard, just spat coffee all over this one
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 12:30:24 »

We are going thru the drawers decluttering. 3 full recycle boxes of paper rubbish. 3 black bags of stuff and the bin half full. Only a week and a half till bin men visit  Suicide

TBF should have been done ages ago , when tip open

Hopefully the scrap man still working as have a load of metal,filing cabinets on the drive.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 12:39:38 »

Patio was painted midweek and now enjoying a couple of cold ones in the sun. Cheers!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 12:46:00 »

The USA doesn't observe these two days of Easter as any sort of National Holiday, which is weird when you consider the religious extremes here and how fucked off Fox News has been about churches being closed for Easter.

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 12:58:23 »

tbf you've def earned it. Whereas I've been sat on my fat arse anyway, albeit while working, so the prospect of being sat on my fat arse for another four days but without any work to do doesn't enthrall me

I'd happily sit at home on 80% of my wage and do nothing. My lad's like you though. Working from home. He's struggling with it. Goes for long runs every day to keep sane.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 13:01:16 »

When are the shops open this weekend? I only have 3 beers in the fridge  Huh?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 13:03:03 »

I'd happily sit at home on 80% of my wage and do nothing. My lad's like you though. Working from home. He's struggling with it. Goes for long runs every day to keep sane.
Doing much the same, get up early so I can get out onto the trails with the dog before every bugger's up and about, and so I can get back and get showered etc before our work conf call meeting to kick off the day. Best time of the day. Always is, lockdown or not.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Friday, April 10, 2020, 13:44:58 »

Just got up, another night shift tonight then 4 days off. Hopefully the public are heeding the advice, too many out and about last night
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: