Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 181241 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 19:28:01 »

I fucking hate bosses like that. Tossers

My first instinct when reading Dave's post was 'that is reckless as hell' but then I remembered when I was in that situation and didn't have the courage to walk and just lived with it for months and month on end.

Takes some doing that.

A tip of the cap and best of luck to Mrs. Bogus!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 19:29:59 »

Mrs Bogus handed in her notice today. Not brilliant timing, particularly as she’s not got anything lined up, but her boss was a bullying psychopath, so can’t say I blame her. Mental well-being is more important than being emotionally bullied each day - wife rang her boss practically in tears earlier to try and explain and her boss just laughed

Should be alright for the time being with my wages and dipping into savings, but applied for pause on my mortgage and loan anyway to be on the safe side. Received confirmation from Halifax about mortgage being paused within 2 hours - guess as it’s government underwritten they’ll hand it out to anyone

Garden Project May need to take a back seat for a while though Hmmm...

Any mileage in naming this wonderful company?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 19:32:26 »

Her former boss laughed when she was mentally vulnerable? what a cunt. I know money will be a worry but I think you sure had it spot on

What Batch said.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 19:40:15 »

Different circumstances, but I can relate to Mrs Dave's situation having also resigned a job late last year without having another lined up first.  Complete respect for what she's done.  There will be times where it feels like stepping in to the abyss...but it also sounds like the first step towards a better future.  Well done, & very best of luck.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 19:45:59 »

My first instinct when reading Dave's post was 'that is reckless as hell' but then I remembered when I was in that situation and didn't have the courage to walk and just lived with it for months and month on end.

Takes some doing that.

A tip of the cap and best of luck to Mrs. Bogus!

I was in similar position and let it go on for a couple months, then walked. See him at a do after i left and he tried to shake my hand, soon got told to fuck off

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 19:48:32 »

Life's to short and precious to tolerate cunts if it's getting to you. Fair play to those who walk. Takes bottle but right thing to do.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 19:52:24 »

That’s absolutely shit reading what Mrs Bogus is going through. I don’t get how people can behave like such dickheads.

I work for an American Bank, not one of the big Corporates and you can really tell. Since we’ve had to work from home for the past month their communication and well being towards staff has been top class. There is constant communication from senior management praising the effort of staff, that actually sounds like it has come from the heart. There have been countless well being type mails where people can seek help if they are struggling during this crisis, it really seems like they are putting their staff first.

Today as well as giving a one off support bonus of a week’s wage for 14,000 of the more junior staff, it was also announced that if staff want to contribute towards Covid19 charities the firm will match the contribution up to a maximum of 2,000 dollars. Having worked for another American bank that couldn’t have given 2 shits about staff it makes a huge difference the way my current firm are going about it currently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 20:05:31 »

Thanks all. I’ve only really been hearing second hand, but it’s been months of

- asking Mrs B to do something then shouting when mrs B does the thing the way it’s asked,
- showing mrs b up to superiors at the same time for things she’s not done,
- screamed at her and told her to fuck of
- laughed off any concerns or serious issues

Sounds like a massive psychopathic cunt. It’s a shame, because she likes the work and the things the company actually does, but can’t put up with it anymore

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 20:09:29 »

I hate dicks like that. Might just be me but if that was my wife I'd be buying a mask and a 2,1 metre bat (social distance violence)

Well maybe not that far, but I'd certainly make myself known to him. Otherwise he'll find a new target.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 20:17:05 »

Is it a large company? will she get a HR exit interview?

I know burning bridges is as bad idea company wise but a calm and l precise reason for leaving is fair enough.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 20:18:15 »

It’s quite small but does have a HR department, and will be giving an exit interview. I’ve told her to not hold back in it

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, April 6, 2020, 20:18:18 »

My wife used to have a boss like that who was just a woman hating bully. Heartbreaking to see her come home and trying to hide her unhappiness. I’m sure some of these arseholes get off on the power of making people miserable. As Sutton said it was hard not to want to take it further and made me so angry.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 09:15:28 »

It’s quite small but does have a HR department, and will be giving an exit interview. I’ve told her to not hold back in it
That and doing a massive shit on his desk just before she finally leaves the building for the last time.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 10:17:34 »

After eating fajitas and drinking scrumpy the night before
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 10:21:41 »

Have you ever met him Dave?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 69   Go Up
Print