Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 184953 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:27:24 »

Same here.  I'm off alcohol & caffeine.  Both give me mood swings which I can do without at the moment.  And I sleep better as well.
I’m actually getting sleepier in the evening doing nothing all day. Fall asleep almost instantly and, hopefully, wake about 5 for a dump etc.
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:39:54 »

I'm drinking about as much as I usually do. Taking it easy in the week and hammering it at the weekend.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 16:48:48 »

Cutting down neighbours overgrown bushes/trees that hang over the fence and ruin the look of our garden.  Guy at the back of me always insisted they had to stay,  wildlife lover and all that crap,  bloody 8-10 foot high, even called the police when I tried to cut the overhang on my side.  Just found out he passed away earlier this week,  wouldn't wish it on him, but Christ have I enjoyed swinging that chainsaw about this afternoon.  Daylight through our kitchen windows now for the first time in years.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 21:08:29 »

Signed up for Britbox last week because I wanted to see Season 2 of This Life. Definitely recommended but don't bother with This Life 10 years on because it didn't have what the first two series did.

It's also got Our Friends in the North which I think is the best tv I have seen, along with The West Wing. Anyway, last four episodes tonight and then I can cancel the subscription with no charges.

As an aside, I was looking through some Bristol music-based websites regarding local bands from the early '80s. Does anybody recall Slow Twitch Fibres or Juan Foote 'n the Grave?

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 21:57:49 »

Convincing myself that the Star Wars prequels aren't actually that bad as I put the Disney+ membership to use. My other half says lightsaber swooshy sounds are like nails on a blackboard for her now. I guess I feel the same about the annoying noise that greets her when Love Island comes on. The compromises you make in a relationship....

I also now regret being shit at DIY and gardening. I did though build a Java program that simulates football games but there's a Swindon team in it and they ALWAYS win so it's rather pointless.

Also discovered some beers from a brewery in Newport called Tiny Rebel. Very nice. Helping me go insane quicker but I'll take it.

Dog is having a fucking blast with his really long definitely-only-once-a-day walks around the park.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 22:17:43 »

I also now regret being shit at DIY and gardening. I did though build a Java program that simulates football games but there's a Swindon team in it and they ALWAYS win so it's rather pointless.

Also discovered some beers from a brewery in Newport called Tiny Rebel. Very nice. Helping me go insane quicker but I'll take it.

That my friend in several seasons, as you will know and all Town fans should know, is called therapy  Wink

RE: Discovering new beers, one of my cousins...his brewey has recently had a batch of his beers picked up by Beer52. Bullhouse is the name, from NI. Some nice stuff, El Capitan is a go-er.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 22:23:54 »

Cutting down neighbours overgrown bushes/trees that hang over the fence and ruin the look of our garden.  Guy at the back of me always insisted they had to stay,  wildlife lover and all that crap,  bloody 8-10 foot high, even called the police when I tried to cut the overhang on my side.  Just found out he passed away earlier this week,  wouldn't wish it on him, but Christ have I enjoyed swinging that chainsaw about this afternoon.  Daylight through our kitchen windows now for the first time in years.

No bonfires please.

Clems Army!
Valid Pint

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 22:29:34 »

Tiny Rebel did a tap takeover at The Tuppenny in Swindon. Their Stay Puft salted caramel porter is possibly the best thing I have ever tasted.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 22:35:15 »

Been clearing my garage out and reorganizing it. Trouble is I have nowhere to take all the crap, so it's all sat in the garden  Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 22:36:32 »

Few bits of DIY....

Working from home during the week...home based anyway but food service industry has taken a battering....so very quiet.

I've got beers in but without football and the lads/pub my mojo for that has gone.

It's all a bit shit.....

Clems Army!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 22:51:17 »

Playing music as loud as I fucking want. Can't imagine I'm louder than the rest of Wood Street on a normal Saturday night.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 23:10:57 »

Tiny Rebel did a tap takeover at The Tuppenny in Swindon. Their Stay Puft salted caramel porter is possibly the best thing I have ever tasted.

It's a beauty, that's for sure.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 23:11:30 »

It's a beauty, that's for sure.

'tis fucking lovely.

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 11:07:29 »

Got bladdered Friday. Far more reserved yesterday. Basically eating shit loads and reliving my my youth listening to rave music most of the time.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 11:59:47 »

Been clearing my garage out and reorganizing it. Trouble is I have nowhere to take all the crap, so it's all sat in the garden  Smiley
You may have cleaned/tidied it, but wait until you want something you know you've got,  bet you won't be able to find it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: