Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 181240 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 14:31:27 »

I was supposed to be getting a new car delivered this week, but the dealership is shut. Now car-less for the foreseeable

Annoying, especially considering the nearest shop is an hour round trip on foot and small, but could be much worse I guess

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 15:12:17 »

I was supposed to be getting a new car delivered this week, but the dealership is shut. Now car-less for the foreseeable

Annoying, especially considering the nearest shop is an hour round trip on foot and small, but could be much worse I guess

Same thing happened to my Spanish neighbour, he’s called Carlos.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 17:04:18 »

where you living these days Dave?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 18:26:51 »

North wroughton. An hour walk is probably stretching it, but to get to the Tesco and back is a good 45-50 minutes. There’s a co-op that’s a bit closer, but also pricier

I walked to said co-op this afternoon, and then been for my allotted exercise this evening over the m4 and wichelstowe. I don’t think it’s entirely in the spirit of the rules, but observed full social distancing rules throughout and only passed about 3 people on both walks anyway

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 18:33:07 »

North wroughton. An hour walk is probably stretching it, but to get to the Tesco and back is a good 45-50 minutes. There’s a co-op that’s a bit closer, but also pricier

I walked to said co-op this afternoon, and then been for my allotted exercise this evening over the m4 and wichelstowe. I don’t think it’s entirely in the spirit of the rules, but observed full social distancing rules throughout and only passed about 3 people on both walks anyway

That's a fair old walk to Tesco and quite a hill to climb on the way back just wondering if Sainsbury's bridgemead would be easier

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 18:34:17 »

yeah, I'd stick with the coop!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 18:49:43 »

Sorry, I meant the little Tesco in wroughton! In the ellendune centre

I think the co-op in old town is probably about my limit for as far as I’d walk for a big(ger) shop

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 18:50:51 »

And Waitrose I guess if we run out of quail

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 20:09:58 »

I picked up my first bass agreed 39. Formed a band and still playing.  My method was to learn songs, never bothered with scales and the like.  I can now play quite a few songs.  If it's just you then pick songs you like and get on YouTube, off you go!

Any questions, just ask.

Agreed. Bassists dont need to learn scales. Just play the root note of whatever chord your guitarist is playing, no ones listening to you anyway ;-)

Guitarists however, practicing scales is what makes you good!

Thanks for the input gentlemen, I will persevere and hopefully be a slightly better musician when this is all over.   Yes

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 20:22:34 »

I think the co-op in old town is probably about my limit for as far as I’d walk for a big(ger) shop

Could always get the bus.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 20:25:13 »

It’s an option, but one id rather avoid if possible

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 20:59:00 »

I'm eating a shit load less, mainly as my partner now listens to me when I say what an adequate portion size is (pun intended) and doesn't want to cook too much food for the sake of it. I've lost almost 10lbs in 2 weeks so far.

We both have this week booked off work, a great time for it, but in the grand scheme we're not complaining one bit!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 21:04:46 »

I’m back in work tomorrow after having today and yesterday off before we got the go ahead to go back in. Pretty glad really as I’m bored shitless at home.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 08:11:28 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave

there's 2 co-op in wroughton though right? the one by the traffic lights ( close April 4th) and the one further down the same road sandwiching the ellendunr
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 10:00:33 »

Ohhhh shit yeah. That’s a touch

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: