Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Favourite Season, Match, Manager & Player  (Read 15433 times)
woolster

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 00:07:29 »

They missed that penalty and the East end emptied.  My mate went and parked his car the other side of Ashton Park, the coppers suggested it wasn't a good time to get through the park  Smiley
there was Z Hire mini buses driving back with no windows
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 00:12:31 »

Cheesy

woolster

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 00:20:45 »

Cheesy

Mark Cooper in disguise Wink
Valid Pint

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 03:22:56 »

1982 - 83 & visiting norvern outposts & racking up the number of grounds visited.

Poxford you shite head 1-3 STFC 1983 - 84 Associate Members Cup. We really stuck it up 'em. My best feeling after a game.

PdC "What ever happens, it won't be through lack of trying".

Lee Peacock - sheer infectious exuberance, and a a great showman.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 07:27:17 »

95/96 - I fell in love with watching us away in particular, and we were immense on the road.

The rest of the questions I find very difficult. Maybe beating Oxford 4-1 at home in 97 or 98.

Manager is a toss up between Paolo and Wellens. I hope in a couple of years there will be no question, and it'll be Wellens all the way.

Player is probably Parkin.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:07:19 »

was the Stoke game 1.1 when they invaded the pitch, we was at that one

Yes mate.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:42:24 »

I was at that Stoke game as I lived 100 yards from The Boothen End in those days. Took an hour to get home. "Third division rubbish" whilst their chant went something like, "When the Stoke go down, we'll all go down and get pissed on the ale, when Stoke come up we'll win the cup and kick shit out of Vale". Happy days!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 09:14:51 »

Season = 79/80 for so many reasons

Match = Beating Arsenal 4-3 at home

Manager = Lou Macari

Player = So many to choose from but i'm going to say Glenn Hoddle
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 09:57:22 »

Game could be many of those already mentioned such as Brum away or QPR with Digby sent off. However, mine is Southend home 6th April 1985 attended by 2695. Travelled up from Devon that morning, stood in the Town End and will never forget it. Most intense atmosphere ever despite the low numbers. Think about it often. That set up the seasons that came and proved that town fans still cared. Surprised that Lou left out of his book us blocking his car after. Emotional stuff!

A special mention for this game vs Southend a day or so after the Macari sacking.

I too was in the Town End that afternoon and the atmosphere was incredible for so few fans in attendance, after the game Garry Nelson said it was the most intense atmosphere he had ever played in! yet it was announced as not much over 2,600 there must have been 2,000 of those in the TE that day and singing non stop start to finish with Macari in attendance in the stands and having his Mercedes mobbed post game in the car park by all of us, incredible memories.

Was going to post exactly the same answers, with similar reasons.  PV - do you happen to be my twin!!
Smiley twin brother!

Season = 79/80 for so many reasons

Match = Beating Arsenal 4-3 at home

Manager = Lou Macari
Also my triplet brother Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:09:41 »

I was at the Stoke game, that's also one of my favourites, it was packed our end.

Also at the Southend match in April 1985, Lou Macari came and sat in the North Stand about 4 minutes after kick off, 3 or 4 rows behind me. I'm sure everyone applauded when he came in, people went onto the pitch to protest etc, it was an incredible atmosphere.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:14:50 »

Season is easily 92/93, the best Town team I've seen and plenty of massive matches towards the end of the season culminating in the old Wembley play off win in a ridiculous match.

Match is tricky but the one which I still have vivid emotions from is the Invincible game v Peterborough. We were pretty awful all season and relegation looked nailed on. The Reeves OG and then that goal, proper roller-coaster of emotions. That season was grim though.

Manager has to be Hoddle, I'm not going to see football of that quality at Town ever again I don't think.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:39:20 »

There really are some fantastic memories on this thread...and we've barely scratched the surface so far Yes

I'll stick with the answers I've given but easily give a totally different one to each of the questions...
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:41:01 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:43:47 »

Manager has to be Hoddle, I'm not going to see football of that quality at Town ever again I don't think.
I don’t know about that. I think we all agree, something good is happening at the moment - both on the pitch and with the CG/training ground. Get those sorted, keep Wellens and kick this damn virus into touch and away we go!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 11:40:32 »

I don’t know about that. I think we all agree, something good is happening at the moment - both on the pitch and with the CG/training ground. Get those sorted, keep Wellens and kick this damn virus into touch and away we go!
I agree on all counts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 11:51:34 »

However this all pans out, it's pretty safe to say that this season will end up being a lot of peoples' most memorable one....certainly the weirdest Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: