Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 [142] 143 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419892 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2115 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 17:05:42 »

Can see some ties being forfeited
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2116 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 17:52:34 »

what's the criteria for cancelling? as it seems lots of clubs do it and then other like derby are made to play regardless.

I saw on the derby report that you need a minimum of 18 players made up of 1st team, u23 and u18. but that doesnt seem to being used in lots of cases so must be something else as a threshold. theres been prem cancellations and they would have huge numbers of players
The rule is if you have at least 14 players available, including U18s/U23s, you have to play
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/01/fa-tells-clubs-third-round-cup-ties-must-played-even-14-covid/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2117 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 12:57:43 »

Can see some ties being forfeited

Looking like Shrewsbury might be doing that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/07/southampton-could-get-fa-cup-bye-after-shrewsbury-covid-outbreak
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2118 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 13:50:14 »

No one at the club tested positive in the latest EFL tests
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2119 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:03:36 »

The rule is if you have at least 14 players available, including U18s/U23s, you have to play
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/01/fa-tells-clubs-third-round-cup-ties-must-played-even-14-covid/

from the BBC.
They used under-23 and under-18 players in Friday's FA Cup loss to Liverpool.

However, it appears unlikely they will be asked to follow the same procedure in a Premier League game because it would affect the competitive balance of the competition.

I think that the 14 players rule must be for the cup competitions only. Imagine near the end of the season to win/remain in the league and you have some of the best players out through covid testing. Will provide some interesting enforcement to keep these games on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2120 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:09:27 »

from the BBC.
I think that the 14 players rule must be for the cup competitions only. Imagine near the end of the season to win/remain in the league and you have some of the best players out through covid testing. Will provide some interesting enforcement to keep these games on.
Yes it's just for the FA Cup, which is what I was talking about in the post you quoted and what the article I linked to was about.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2121 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:17:10 »

Yes it's just for the FA Cup, which is what I was talking about in the post you quoted and what the article I linked to was about.

I get you, the 2nd half of my post was "but that doesnt seem to being used in lots of cases so must be something else as a threshold. theres been prem cancellations and they would have huge numbers of players".

Which was questioning more of a general across the leagues threshold. I reckon it could be up for a lot of exploitation in league fixtures if it isn't managed
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2122 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:19:14 »

I get you, the 2nd half of my post was "but that doesnt seem to being used in lots of cases so must be something else as a threshold. theres been prem cancellations and they would have huge numbers of players".
I don't think I saw that at the time, certainly was answering re FA Cup as I'd read something on the rule change a few days before but then couldn't find it, which annoyed me Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2123 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:59:39 »

The beginning... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55616399
Flashheart

« Reply #2124 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:06:13 »

Would it not benefit us if the season was ended now.

Not only in terms of there probably being no relegations, but also financially. The bail-out will be paid regardless and we won't have to pay the costs of hosting/getting to games.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2125 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:24:36 »

Now we know why the EFL and PFA are doing twice weekly testing..
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2126 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 13:48:43 »

I'm unsure whether the season should stop. levels are still manageable within football clubs for now. the biggest issue would be if games continue to be cancelled more regularly and where to fit them in. I cant believe that the euros are still happening this summer and then the world cup next!

regarding sean dyche the other day saying footballers should get vaccines due to the fortune they are spending on testing. even with a vaccine surely they would still need to be tested? it doesnt prevent them from getting it just stops them from getting seriously ill. of which there has been no recorded elite footballers in hospital?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2127 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 14:41:19 »

The delayed Olympics too. Which see's many pro footballers (as well as an array of other elite eventers), not always the main top flight stars but players from several teams lower down the order around the world, usually in attendance.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #2128 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:55:50 »

I'm unsure whether the season should stop. levels are still manageable within football clubs for now. the biggest issue would be if games continue to be cancelled more regularly and where to fit them in. I cant believe that the euros are still happening this summer and then the world cup next!

regarding sean dyche the other day saying footballers should get vaccines due to the fortune they are spending on testing. even with a vaccine surely they would still need to be tested? it doesnt prevent them from getting it just stops them from getting seriously ill. of which there has been no recorded elite footballers in hospital?

Perhaps the Euros will be called off? At least that would enable our season to be extended (even if it wasn't stopped the games could be more spread out)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2129 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 16:15:41 »

FA Youth Cup now being suspended until end of lockdown according to The Athletic. At least our U18s managed to get their 3rd round tie played this lunchtime (and won 3-0)
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 [142] 143 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: