Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419829 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: Saturday, January 2, 2021, 23:56:10 »

There is a precedent from last year PPG.

They will make sure enough games say 30 will be played, which is only 10 or so in the next 5-6 months.  It will be easily do-able

Again though, can't play games if teams can't fulfil the fixtures due to games off from positive tests. If tests keep on coming up positive the whole schedule is kyboshed.

I totally get the logic to being able to complete it but the number of cases might prevent that being possible. Considering I personally don't see any true clear route for Covid now until around late spring (April ish) thst lines up near to EoS.

The only thing I would say, as a back up. Let's see if Town can at least be out of the relegation places if xyz number of games have been played. If the season is cancelled but PPG is used yet again then at least Town might stay up. Although there's now a 5pt gap I think  Sad

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 04:30:35 »

Sure I heard somewhere it has to be 75% - or about 33 games - before ppg would be used.

The huge difference between now and last season is that some clubs - Accrington for example - have already played 4/5 less than other clubs. Last season the disparity was the odd game or so. Would ppg be fair - if it ever was - to apply it to clubs whose number of completed games could, in some cases, be a 10 games difference.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 10:54:41 »

If this happens expect QPR to get relegated Smug Fuck Off

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9108103/Tim-Sherwood-lined-Les-Ferdinand-return-QPR-manager-Mark-Warburton-fire.html
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 10:56:19 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 16:34:59 »

Sure I heard somewhere it has to be 75% - or about 33 games - before ppg would be used.

The huge difference between now and last season is that some clubs - Accrington for example - have already played 4/5 less than other clubs. Last season the disparity was the odd game or so. Would ppg be fair - if it ever was - to apply it to clubs whose number of completed games could, in some cases, be a 10 games difference.
That's a really good point, everyone would have had to have played (say) 75% for it to be fair. If one team had only played 60% of their games it would be farcical. Incidentally I don't think 75% is a rule as such, just a sensible cut off point that was widely mooted in discussions last time, I don't think the league ever reached a firm conclusion on a PPG cut off going forward. Happy to be corrected if they did
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 16:39:58 »

The League are going to introduce mandatory twice-weekly testing after the next round of mandatory testing on Jan 4th, according to the Athletic. Typically though they haven't yet decided who is going to pay for it. Which is a relevant consideration as it could cost up to £10k a week apparently. The PFA should be funding at least part of it IMO, it is their members' welfare after all.

https://theathletic.com/news/efl-coronavirus-testing-funding-latest/5z3vgIBA0rxG

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2105 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 19:05:09 »

PFA wont fund it, cant be eating into Gordon Taylors goodbye bonus can they
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2106 on: Sunday, January 3, 2021, 19:26:47 »

PFA wont fund it, cant be eating into Gordon Taylors goodbye bonus can they

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2107 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 11:03:32 »

Thought this was interesting, it's a photo essay from a photographer who's been covering behind closed doors games of what it's like inside the bubble

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/04/life-in-the-football-cocoon-photo-essay-premier-league-coronavirus-lockdown
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #2108 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:53:56 »

https://theathletic.com/news/oxford-united-youth-players-coronavirus/MXlR1h4mVA0S

Keep your own house in order Karl!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2109 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 17:12:16 »

In case that link is paywalled:

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18985640.oxford-united-suspend-two-academy-players/
tans

Ignore
« Reply #2110 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 17:17:57 »

Karl Robinson is going to be FUMING
tans

Ignore
« Reply #2111 on: Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 16:39:24 »

EFL announce twice weekly testing for all 72 clubs.

PFA paying for it.

Well fuck me sideways
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 6, 2021, 16:41:46 by tans » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2112 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 16:36:44 »

Derby’s entire first team squad are isolating. Playing Chorley in the FA Cup with a team made up of U18/23s. Shrewsbury’s game at Southampton also off. Sheffield Wendies have a large outbreak - same now at Villa

The shit is hitting the fan now.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 16:42:56 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #2113 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 16:44:47 »

This will happen if footballers keep fucking around. Test the rest, use the squad and get on with it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #2114 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 16:54:40 »

Derby’s entire first team squad are isolating. Playing Chorley in the FA Cup with a team made up of U18/23s. Shrewsbury’s game at Southampton also off. Sheffield Wendies have a large outbreak - same now at Villa

The shit is hitting the fan now.

what's the criteria for cancelling? as it seems lots of clubs do it and then other like derby are made to play regardless.

I saw on the derby report that you need a minimum of 18 players made up of 1st team, u23 and u18. but that doesnt seem to being used in lots of cases so must be something else as a threshold. theres been prem cancellations and they would have huge numbers of players
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: