Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 423140 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1995 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:51:29 »

I'm sure the FA will have contingency plans in place to deal with all this.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1996 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:53:48 »

I agree.

Seconded.

Clems Army!
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 13:46:55 »

the only way this is viable is to split ST and cash sales. But the uproar, especially when they will probably try and sell next season's STs soon, will be colossal
I do think that it would be better to wait until we are tier 1; but if they was to do as Batch as suggested then it would have to be a different 1000 every time, the club couldn't let joe Bloggs pay to go to 3 games in a row when the season ticket holders can only go to 1 in 3
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 13:55:34 »

agreed on both points
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #1999 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:18:29 »

I think its actually quite straightforward. The club will open up the ground for 2k fans, even if it is a loss making exercise. The reasons being (1) having home fans helps the players (2)  it lessens the potential eventual refund to S/T holders.

Tickets will first be made available to S/T holders, except those travelling from tier 3 areas. If there are more than 2k existing S/T holders that can and want to attend, then those that are not selected for the first game will get priority to the 2nd game and so on and so forth.

Non S/T holders will, quite rightly, be in the queue behind S/T holders as they have not paid in advance for the privilege of attending games.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2000 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:29:28 »

I think its actually quite straightforward. The club will open up the ground for 2k fans, even if it is a loss making exercise. The reasons being (1) having home fans helps the players (2)  it lessens the potential eventual refund to S/T holders.

Tickets will first be made available to S/T holders, except those travelling from tier 3 areas. If there are more than 2k existing S/T holders that can and want to attend, then those that are not selected for the first game will get priority to the 2nd game and so on and so forth.

Non S/T holders will, quite rightly, be in the queue behind S/T holders as they have not paid in advance for the privilege of attending games.
Which makes perfect sense in terms of a rational allocation of tickets that are in short supply. But who's paying for that? From the club's point of view, that's all cost, no revenue. Unless, as Batch suggested, there's some help from the League, which I doubt tbh
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2001 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:31:42 »

The ‘income’ in that scenario is the money you save not having to refund season ticket holders for that match isn’t it? Assuming refunds of some sort are inevitable

Things get better but they never get good
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #2002 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:35:10 »

The meltdown would be epic if the club decided that
I think we are in for some entertainment either way, I expect plenty of ‘I’ve had that seat since the stand was built so I ain’t moving’!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2003 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:39:48 »

The ‘income’ in that scenario is the money you save not having to refund season ticket holders for that match isn’t it? Assuming refunds of some sort are inevitable

Wasn't the refund issue sort of side stepped by giving everyone iFollow that purchased a ST?
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #2004 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:41:10 »

Precisely that. Also if S/T holders are not prioritised, good luck with selling S/T's next season and beyond 
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #2005 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:42:23 »

I am pretty sure that iFollow was given to season ticket holders at all clubs, my father in law got an iFollow pass and a refund at Franchise.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2006 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:46:02 »

Yes I understand that. But in cashflow terms that money's long since been spent, hence why I said it's all cost, no revenue from the club's point of view. TBC I'm not saying they shouldn't, there's a strong moral case that they should, as well as a business case in terms of future sales as kirky says, but it might be easier said than done if the cash required to meet the costs of 2000 attending just isn't there.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2007 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:48:58 »

Wasn't the refund issue sort of side stepped by giving everyone iFollow that purchased a ST?
Not really. Deferred rather than side stepped at best. They're not commensurate. You could perhaps argue for taking the cost of an iFollow subscription off the value of a ST refund but there's still a substantial difference. Especially in households with multiple/family season tickets
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #2008 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 14:59:02 »

Yes I understand that. But in cashflow terms that money's long since been spent, hence why I said it's all cost, no revenue from the club's point of view. TBC I'm not saying they shouldn't, there's a strong moral case that they should, as well as a business case in terms of future sales as kirky says, but it might be easier said than done if the cash required to meet the costs of 2000 attending just isn't there.

Agree all of the above, although if the owners (LP/CM/Standing/Barry or whoever else!!) can't muster together £10k per game until such time as larger crowds are allowed back in, then I am sure the Trust would step in to help out - indeed they have already put on record their willingness to support the owners.

In any event £20k per month is probably a drop in the ocean compared to normal monthly overheads and I don't believe this would be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #2009 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 15:00:26 »

If I opened a wine delivery business and sold 4000 yearly subscriptions for it, but when my first delivery came up I had spent most of the subscription money, whilst also only having 2000 bottles not 4000, I couldn’t then sell those bottles to anyone who hadn’t bothered with the subscription just to make a bit more money.

I am sorry to anyone without a season ticket, but it is no different to a cup match. Those people have lowest priority

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: