Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 423390 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1725 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 06:55:05 »

We don't actually get a vote now though do we?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1726 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 07:02:08 »

Well, the EFL can vote to accept it but it’s down entirely to the 20 PL clubs whether to actually offer it.

And even if they did the FA have a golden vote enabling them to veto the whole shebang - although they’re being bunged £100m as part of the proposed deal.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1727 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 07:59:19 »

We don't actually get a vote now though do we?

No. It's a PL proposal, so needs 14/20 votes from the PL teams to go through. The FA also have a "golden" vote, which can veto some parts of the proposal, such as the changes in relegation/promotion.

The big losers are the bottom feeders in the PL - Burnley etc. Knock around the bottom 8 and take your money. The irony is that it was the Burnleys and Brightons of this world that were so against a straight cash bailout a couple of weeks ago, so if it pisses them off, that's probably an attractive bonus for the Championship sides.

It does open up a huge governance risk though - the big 6 will be able to vote through any changes they like in the future.

It will come down to what is non-negotiable and what is a "nice-to-have" for the big six. Can the weaken the damage to enough of the other 14 to get this voted through?
Flashheart

« Reply #1728 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 08:24:49 »

Of course, Parry’s Plan would see that amount each and every year - as 25% of the TV money.

Ah, I see. That's rather a lot different.

I suppose I should bother reading it before moaning about it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1729 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 08:33:54 »

No. It's a PL proposal, so needs 14/20 votes from the PL teams to go through. The FA also have a "golden" vote, which can veto some parts of the proposal, such as the changes in relegation/promotion.

The big losers are the bottom feeders in the PL - Burnley etc. Knock around the bottom 8 and take your money. The irony is that it was the Burnleys and Brightons of this world that were so against a straight cash bailout a couple of weeks ago, so if it pisses them off, that's probably an attractive bonus for the Championship sides.
Steve Parish's "Fuck you I'm fireproof" article in the Times recently apparently also did a lot to sway opinion behind it in the EFL. In fact so far, Dyche and Parish have been the best advocates of this.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1730 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 14:11:28 »

Looks like the PL have rejected the deal but approve a bailout deal for L1 and L2 clubs only.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1731 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 16:26:54 »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12103872/premier-league-clubs-reject-project-big-picture-proposal-but-agree-bailout-for-league-1-and-2-clubs
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1732 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 17:07:00 »

is 50M enough?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1733 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 17:20:24 »

For the sake of argument say a 60/40 split between L1/L2.
That would be 1.25m for each club in L1.

Might be ok.

A few imponderables though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1734 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 18:54:20 »

Hopefully there is a stipulation that it is pumped into the club and cant be removed by owners etc

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1735 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 04:33:42 »

For the sake of argument say a 60/40 split between L1/L2.
That would be 1.25m for each club in L1.

Might be ok.

A few imponderables though.
The split will be the same as how the solidarity payments are distributed. L1 clubs will get 2 thirds of the £50m - which, of course, has to be repaid.

Works out at £1.38m for L1 clubs and half that for L2 clubs. Still well short of what we would expect to take from paying fans.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 06:16:38 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1736 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 06:19:45 »

The split will be the same as how the solidarity payments are distributed. L1 clubs will get 2 thirds of the £50m - which, of course, has to be repaid.
Not all of it does. £20m is in the form of grants, £30m as interest free loans. So 60% will need to be repaid, which just kicks the problem down the road. TBF this is the same amount as we would have got under Project Big Picture, the problem is that 60% is a loan and that this is just a one-off bailout, there is no attempt to address the long-term structural financial issues of the Football League as under PBP (not saying PBP had the right answers to those issues but it did at least address them)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1737 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 10:25:00 »

Out of interest, who are the "Big 6"? It seems a ridiculous thing to say because surely aren't the "6" always changing or at least susceptible to be a different collaboration? The way it's being said is like there is a set in stone, constant six clubs and there is no budging.

It kind of reminds me of in F1, where Ferrari still get a huge chunk of the pot and influence regardless of their finishing position; based on their history (and who is likely jumping into respective business beds with one another).

My point being, say Manchester City finish 7th one season and have a disaster financially...will they still be considered one of the "Big 6" for the following season?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1738 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 10:36:48 »

Out of interest, who are the "Big 6"? It seems a ridiculous thing to say because surely aren't the "6" always changing or at least susceptible to be a different collaboration? The way it's being said is like there is a set in stone, constant six clubs and there is no budging.

It kind of reminds me of in F1, where Ferrari still get a huge chunk of the pot and influence regardless of their finishing position; based on their history (and who is likely jumping into respective business beds with one another).

My point being, say Manchester City finish 7th one season and have a disaster financially...will they still be considered one of the "Big 6" for the following season?

Good point and how far do they go back

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1739 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 10:56:38 »

You've missed the point. It's not related to league position, it's money and power. So yes it can change, Man City joined the Big 6 when they got bought by a sportswashing regime who chucked in a shitton of money. Which is why one of the proposals under Project BP was that the voting 9 (i.e. the Big 6 in practice) would have a right of veto over any new owners buying clubs. That's not because they don't want any more Steve Dales, it's because they don't want any more Man Citys competing with them
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: