Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419886 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 16:04:07 »

I remember it vividly as 27th August 2005, as I’d got married in the morning. Can’t remember why I sat in the North Stand though.  Same weekend as the Trent Bridge test in the epic Ashes series too.

I don't think I've ever been more impressed by anything.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 21:52:14 »

I don't think I've ever been more impressed by anything.

A wise old head on young shoulders once told me to get married around a memorable sporting event, for it would make remembering anniversaries etc so much the easier.  Some might think the Ashes building to a crescendo would be enough: watching Swindon v Yeovil that day trumps it for me though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:35:08 »

I don't think it was remotely planned, but my brother got married on the day we thumped Germany 5-1 in 2001 so that day was quite memorable.
Flashheart

« Reply #1233 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:42:27 »

Our boy was born by cesarean. We were given a range of days for him to be born on.

One of them was Mayday. I chose that day so he'd have a day off on his birthday, and because it will be easy for me to remember.

I still forget. In my defence, it's fuckwittery rather than bad parenting - I've even been known to forget my own birthday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:49:07 »

A wise old head on young shoulders once told me to get married around a memorable sporting event, for it would make remembering anniversaries etc so much the easier.  Some might think the Ashes building to a crescendo would be enough: watching Swindon v Yeovil that day trumps it for me though.

I got married on the day of the reinstate Macari game v Sarfend.  Looking in advance it was near the end of a season going nowhere much, (pre PO's) so didn't seem to matter much.... turned out to be a historic occasion, backing up the advice you were given.

More difficult but worth having a similar thing for the missus' birthday.... you can still be required to know such information even if divorced for pension claims and other legal stuff.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:07:18 »

One of them was Mayday. I chose that day so he'd have a day off on his birthday, and because it will be easy for me to remember.

Am I being dumb here (entirely possibly) but his birthday (may day) will change day throughout his life, so unless he was going to work straight out the womb I am not sure what this achieved?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:08:48 »

Mayday is May 1st every year isn't it?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1237 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:10:06 »

Am I being dumb here (entirely possibly) but his birthday (may day) will change day throughout his life, so unless he was going to work straight out the womb I am not sure what this achieved?

You're thinking of the early May bank holiday
Flashheart

« Reply #1238 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:12:30 »

May day is a public holiday. In Thailand, that falls on the 1st May. As it does in most other places.

Every year, his birthday (1st May) will be on a public holiday. Ergo, he has a day off on his birthday.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:15:01 »

May day is a public holiday. In Thailand, that falls on the 1st May. As it does in most other places.

Every year - his birthday (1st May) will be on a public holiday. Ergo, he has a day off on his birthday.

Ah so bank holidays don't wander about like they do in the UK, makes sense now.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 10:57:18 »

I got married on the day of the reinstate Macari game v Sarfend.  Looking in advance it was near the end of a season going nowhere much, (pre PO's) so didn't seem to matter much.... turned out to be a historic occasion, backing up the advice you were given.

Lou sat about 4 rows behind me for that game, he came in about 4 minutes after kick off and the game just about stopped when he did, everyone applauded him.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 12:22:58 »

I chose 30th September 2000 - the year helps  as well as the date being the last day in a month - we played Wigan at home that day, so did miss the game but had score updates.

I am winning 19-18 in the remembering stakes right now.

May Day is a fantastic day to be born on as well Flash, even in the UK I got a holiday near by my birthday every year - not anymore though, USA doesn't bother with it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 12:45:49 »

England v Sweden 2002 WC , a beer or two then got married.

I put it in my phone calendar "England v Sweden WC 2002 Anniversary" so I don't forget Sols header and bloody Alexandersson
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 15:11:49 »

My Geburtstag is Boxing Day or St Stephen's Day. Pretty difficult one to forget even if the excuse is because it's Christmas.

I'm quite happy that I've never spent Boxing Day pointlessly wandering around a sofa or carpet shop or eagerly looking for discounted shoes  No

Still have never (due to geography) never seen Town play on my Birthday. Have also yet to marry, if ever.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 15:25:37 »

Swindon lost to Oxford on my wedding day.

Which was obviously booked long before the fixtures came out & quite honestly I didn’t really give a fuck about STFC at the time.

I more so remember my Wedding anniversary because we flew to the Maldives the following day which was September the 11th, not the September the 11th obviously...
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: