Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 423482 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:39:33 »

Just to clarify. The financial future of the club is more important than a refund for match tickets that are not 'life or death' for us. If we have to wait until after October or whenever the club is ready then so be it.

I was just interested in what the club were doing/likely to do.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1156 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:40:13 »

Yeah, I guess that's what Walsall mean when they say 'when the stadium opens'. Seems fair enough. October will be crunch time though good lord I hope we get into football before then.

Oh.. Good luck. You didn't pay on Credit Card did you?

Funnily enough, they didn't accept payment by card. Bank transfer only.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1157 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:43:49 »

Just to clarify. The financial future of the club is more important than a refund for match tickets that are not 'life or death' for us. If we have to wait until after October or whenever the club is ready then so be it.

Absolutely, but, I think fans are well within their supporters rights to want a refund for away match day ticket refunds as its not our club that has grabbed the money.

As for ticket refunds with our own club then thats is an entirely individual basis IMO.

Some fans can easly accept the loss and can basically afford to write it off, some fans with low paid jobs and being furloughed or worse, may well be in a situation that they could do with the money back.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:48:07 »

Anything like refunds will means bringing ticket office staff off furlough, so I'd imagine that'll only happen when we start selling STs for next season again.

I'm £600 down on hospitality with Macc on the last day. Of all the clubs to try and get money back from....

Ouch, suspect you've got the proverbial 2 Hopes there
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1159 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:13:15 »

Ouch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:25:11 »

Bog standard consumer advice is use credit cards where you can

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:27:01 »

Sadly I assume your cash has gone the same way as the cash the Supporters Trust lent them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:37:54 »

Quote from: JBZ
Bog standard consumer advice is use credit cards where you can

but he couldn't.

but if a bugger but the game was probably safe until covid came along
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1163 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:38:46 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange

as said, that's fine and dandy for those of us still in work.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:38:59 »

I’m starting to think crowds will be back at games next season much sooner than we expect. With talk of the 2 metre guidance being reduced I wouldn’t be surprised if crowds are back probably with restricted capacities around September time.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:42:14 »

Assuming we haven't had another spike in the meantime

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:45:20 »

I’m starting to think crowds will be back at games next season much sooner than we expect. With talk of the 2 metre guidance being reduced I wouldn’t be surprised if crowds are back probably with restricted capacities around September time.
I think<2m in small groups is a lot different to 7000 in a sporting arena!

things change pretty fast though. Spain are in a hundred (s) of new cases a day  now from the several thousand
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:49:08 »

Change that to end of Sept and I wouldn't be surprised. Think my main bet is still on Jan and don't think it's likely to be properly safe until then but given how utterly reckless the govt have been in their treatment of health vs economy throughout this (to the very great detriment of both), they'll be pushing to get everything back to normal ASAP. So my bet would be either season starts late Sept BCD but no crowds until Jan or season restarts in front of crowds late Sept but is then put on hold again in Jan when we get a second (or third or whatever) wave combined with usual winter ailments.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 11:48:28 »

I think<2m in small groups is a lot different to 7000 in a sporting arena!

things change pretty fast though. Spain are in a hundred (s) of new cases a day  now from the several thousand
I did say restricted capacity, I just think with the existential threat to clubs, the economy and the perception of people needing some positivity by end of September some allowance for fans will be made.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 11:57:38 »

Social distancing must put an extreme stress on fire safety protocols in stadiums. If you're in the back row of the Shrivvy Road stand you already find the floodlights being switched off before you make it down to the concourse, imagine if it was single file with any kind of gap between each person!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: