Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419852 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1140 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 10:17:43 »

I'm feeling football hunger pangs this morning.  And worked out that the time since our last game is now roughly the length of the close season (early May to early Aug).  Maybe the football alarm clock is ringing?

We need some transfer gossip then Cheesy

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 10:35:29 »

Yates has signed deal at Rotherham according to RW. Whether thats them taking an option up or not i dont know
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1142 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 10:39:10 »

Yates has signed deal at Rotherham according to RW. Whether thats them taking an option up or not i dont know

If they eventually do get promoted it's hard to see him getting games in the championship maybe just protecting their asset

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1143 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 11:08:53 »

If they eventually do get promoted it's hard to see him getting games in the championship maybe just protecting their asset
Absolutely agree.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1144 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 11:51:42 »

September 30th mooted as a possible start date for next season.

Need fans back by then or it ain’t going to happen
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1145 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 12:00:28 »

Not a chance of that happening, to put into perspective were making preliminary plans to maybe go back to the office 1st September with 20% capacity. And that's only if things improve, and it's unlikely they will. Juxtapose that method to sports. virtually impossible.
Valid Pint

« Reply #1146 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 12:06:48 »

How big is your office compared to a football ground?
Is your office outdoors?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 14:12:34 »

RE: Yates. Surely just Rotherham doing the sensible thing and ensuring they get a good transfer fee for him when he signs for us, instead of him leaving on a free. He's 24 in November.

Cue us getting him on another season long* and then signing him on a free the following year  Cheesy

*In normal circumstances/when the season begins again.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1148 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 08:20:38 »

Just out of interest, did anyone manage to get a refund for any away tickets that they had e.g. Walsall?

Thanks.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 08:31:38 »

Yes Bob I would be interested to know the same. I emailed the club today asking for a refund for Walsall away...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:05:34 »

I think my dad had bought tickets for whatever our next home game was - Crawley at home? Do you think he'll be able to get a refund for these?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1151 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:12:28 »

The club policy on this tickets for this season (and next) needs releasing soon.

It must be being worked on right? Other clubs have.

e.g. Walsall are refunding thier fans with individual tickets (in time)

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2020/june/refund-package-confirmed-for-season-ticket-holders/

Any supporters who have purchased individual match tickets for the remaining home and away games will be able to claim a refund as and when the Banks’s Stadium re-opens.

Some other interesting options in that link for ST holders. One hopes Town will do the similar..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:16:41 »

Walsall are refunding thier fans with individual tickets (in time)

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2020/june/refund-package-confirmed-for-season-ticket-holders/

Some other interesting options in that link for ST holders. One hopes Town will do the similar..
Indeed. Obviously there will be some people who have been hit hard financially by the Covid crisis and they should be able to get a refund with minimal fuss but I suspect a lot of us would rather the club kept the money (so we can increase the chances of keeping the club) so would be good to see some kind of option for that. Like the idea of, say, 25% off next season's shirt as I suspect that would cost the club very little in real terms given the horrendous markups on replica kit, but still enable fans to see some value for their donation.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1153 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:25:31 »

Anything like refunds will means bringing ticket office staff off furlough, so I'd imagine that'll only happen when we start selling STs for next season again.

I'm £600 down on hospitality with Macc on the last day. Of all the clubs to try and get money back from....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1154 on: Thursday, June 11, 2020, 09:31:33 »

Anything like refunds will means bringing ticket office staff off furlough, so I'd imagine that'll only happen when we start selling STs for next season again.

Yeah, I guess that's what Walsall mean when they say 'when the stadium opens'. Seems fair enough. October will be crunch time though good lord I hope we get into football before then.

I'm £600 down on hospitality with Macc on the last day. Of all the clubs to try and get money back from....

Oh.. Good luck. You didn't pay on Credit Card did you?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: