Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419949 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:01:36 »

This was the point I was making t'other day.  If the Div 2 teams can hang on to the tails of the Prem and finish 19/20, then it's a tacit acceptance of Prem 1 and 2, where 20/21 can be played bcd funded by TV revenue.

It will require a massive bail out for anything below Div 2 to happen.  I suppose by a stretch of the imagination, in a stadium of 14000, a crowd of say 5-6,000 could be accommodated with social distancing, but just seems likely to be prohibitively expensive.  Do any of our regular Covid experts have any idea how things might look.  Hmmm

I was thinking the same but if the "2 metre" rule is still in place then I reckon we would only be allowed around 2500 in the stadium if you base all four stands on approx capacity and divide by 6.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:17:27 »

I was thinking the same but if the "2 metre" rule is still in place then I reckon we would only be allowed around 2500 in the stadium if you base all four stands on approx capacity and divide by 6.

You can have people of the same household sit together without social distancing, but it would be hellish to organise.

No idea how you manage things like toiltets, and egress out the DRS at the end....
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:18:12 »

1m? As the thread diminishes surely we could Accommodate a few more souls. There is the bank to utilise and if no away fans till say after Christmas then we could feasibly manage 5k.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:29:30 »

1m? As the thread diminishes surely we could Accommodate a few more souls. There is the bank to utilise and if no away fans till say after Christmas then we could feasibly manage 5k.

If 1 metre allows 5000 including the bank is feasible which wouldn't be disastrous but obviously not ideal   

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:29:40 »

That’s Scousers for you. Birth certificate comeS with a lifetime membership to National I’m a victim over something club.

People from the Wirral are as scouse as you are from Oxford.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:35:58 »

You can have people of the same household sit together without social distancing, but it would be hellish to organise.

No idea how you manage things like toiltets, and egress out the DRS at the end....

Egress would have to be done in stages, so would require lots of stewards.... getting in would possibly be more of a problem
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:45:14 »

Social distancing isn’t going to be practical forever in many different aspects of life IMO, football included. In 6/9/12 months time if a vaccine isn’t imminent then we will just have to live with the risk.

It’s been 3 months and people are fed up, give it 6 months and very few will give a shit about the rules
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:45:36 »

Egress would have to be done in stages, so would require lots of stewards.... getting in would possibly be more of a problem

Lets be honest, it isn't going to happen for the simple reason that human beings cannot be trusted not to act like complete bell ends.

Christ, they opened the tips up here and users couldn't be trusted to social distance and managed to get into altercations with both each other and staff who tried to enforce it, I can just imagine 5000 people, many with a drink inside them, being told to wait to enter/exit let alone managing their visits to the toilet!

Will be even worse if their team has lost.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 08:54:37 »

Social distancing isn’t going to be practical forever in many different aspects of life IMO, football included. In 6/9/12 months time if a vaccine isn’t imminent then we will just have to live with the risk.

It’s been 3 months and people are fed up, give it 6 months and very few will give a shit about the rules

The key point is we need to see the season start, which might require it to look a bit odd with masks distancing etc, then it can be phased to normality.  If it doesn't  start, then it is a distinct possiblity it won't ever, in the form we know it.  There will be casualities from the economic hit of this and then no deal Brexit and professional lower league football could very easily be one.  We're the only country which sort of sustains the depth of clubs, due to historic reasons, and it doesn't make much economic sense.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 09:14:00 »

Totally agree, an August/September start for 20/21 is crucial in whatever form that takes
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 06:43:27 »

I see the Old Firm want to put their ‘B’ teams into the lower Scottish leagues in return for buying tickets when they play away and lump sums to clubs.

Sign of things to come?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 07:18:14 »

If 1 metre allows 5000 including the bank is feasible which wouldn't be disastrous but obviously not ideal   

I think you could do it comfortably, as households don't need to social distance.  How many fans live with out fans, it has to be quite a few?  How you police it is a different matter mind.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 07:22:43 »

People from the Wirral are as scouse as you are from Oxford.

Disagree the Wallasey tunnel is much shorter than the distance to Oxford old chap.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 09:33:54 »

I'm feeling football hunger pangs this morning.  And worked out that the time since our last game is now roughly the length of the close season (early May to early Aug).  Maybe the football alarm clock is ringing?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 10:03:03 »

Alarm is about right!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: