Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420091 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:13:20 »

I know a lot of clubs are in the shit - and were no different - but this holier than thou stuff boils my piss

https://exetercityfc.wordpress.com/2020/06/01/exeter-city-episode-27/comment-page-1/?unapproved=68&moderation-hash=2b4c3b8fd6e55087dfa80131f7647ea0#comment-68
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:18:55 »

I know a lot of clubs are in the shit - and were no different - but this holier than thou stuff boils my piss

https://exetercityfc.wordpress.com/2020/06/01/exeter-city-episode-27/comment-page-1/?unapproved=68&moderation-hash=2b4c3b8fd6e55087dfa80131f7647ea0#comment-68
He's right though. Most Football League clubs are run on a ridiculously unsustainable basis, financial doping is rewarded, being well-run is, effectively, punished.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 12:59:06 »

If that is,indeed, the case then those unsustainable clubs will go bust and Exeter can play Exeter reserves for eternity.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 13:11:18 »

If that is,indeed, the case then those unsustainable clubs will go bust and Exeter can play Exeter reserves for eternity.
Reductionist though your exaggeration is, yes, that's effectively the point he's making. Football was deep in the shit before this catastrophe; if it doesn't use this crisis to sort itself out, we may not have football clubs to support.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 13:56:28 »

It’s a fair point being raised in a rather petulant way, plus lacking proper analysis.  The numbers he used for us are trading numbers before player sales I imagine.  Yes about 11 million went in, but a big chunk of that has also been paid back.  The court case he uses even details that because it laid bare Standing having been repaid nearly 4 million of his loans.  There is no doubt we are a loss making business over the past 7 years but not to the extent suggested.  I imagine Exeter have benefited from 0layers sales, without which they’d also have lost money.

The game needs fixing though, and it certainly cannot continue behind closed doors without alternative funding.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 16:17:38 »

See Tranmere have invented another proposal that see’s them avoid relegation by removing a league 1 relegation spot and would see us have to play in a 9 team play-off.  With league 2 having already voted to conclude the season with us as champions, if this proposal got through wouldn’t we be at major disadvantage as doubt we’ve had our players back in training unlike the teams already expecting play-offs.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 16:59:29 »

See Tranmere have invented another proposal that see’s them avoid relegation by removing a league 1 relegation spot and would see us have to play in a 9 team play-off.  With league 2 having already voted to conclude the season with us as champions, if this proposal got through wouldn’t we be at major disadvantage as doubt we’ve had our players back in training unlike the teams already expecting play-offs.

Fuck off (to Tranmere, not you Theaks). If we have to play them and they're winning I'll turn the floodlights off myself.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 17:20:56 »

It'll take some doing for Tranmere's proposal to get the appropriate support.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 17:55:47 »

It'll take some doing for Tranmere's proposal to get the appropriate support.
When they lose we aren’t going to hear the end of it, I mean they still haven’t got over our floodlight failure so they are likely to go into a full on ‘victimised’ meltdown.
Flashheart

« Reply #1119 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 18:00:38 »

Fair play to them for trying, it's worth a shot at least.

At least they're not threatening to sue other clubs, unlike that MacAnthony tool.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 20:57:58 »

one thing we've not discussed that much is what happens to us fans.

Sunderland are to refund fans if the season is curtailed.

however if it continues behind closed doors, then they only get home streaming passes. No other options.

That's ok, but those that have renewed for next season is exactly the same. Home streaming only.
---
Not sure how I feel about that if it were the same for us. As things stand I'm ok with the club taking my money as I'm lucky enough to still have my job.

I'd really expect something a bit more. maybe a free u18 Season ticket or something when faced return. it's one way to compensate households that have multiple season tickets. You don't need multiple streaming.

away streams included would be nice, but probably out the hands of the away club
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 21:37:29 »

How's next season going to start behind closed doors Crying

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 06:37:41 »

When they lose we aren’t going to hear the end of it, I mean they still haven’t got over our floodlight failure so they are likely to go into a full on ‘victimised’ meltdown.

That’s Scousers for you. Birth certificate comeS with a lifetime membership to National I’m a victim over something club.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 07:44:11 »

Blimey,  let's get this one finished first !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 07:54:11 »

This was the point I was making t'other day.  If the Div 2 teams can hang on to the tails of the Prem and finish 19/20, then it's a tacit acceptance of Prem 1 and 2, where 20/21 can be played bcd funded by TV revenue.

It will require a massive bail out for anything below Div 2 to happen.  I suppose by a stretch of the imagination, in a stadium of 14000, a crowd of say 5-6,000 could be accommodated with social distancing, but just seems likely to be prohibitively expensive.  Do any of our regular Covid experts have any idea how things might look.  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: