Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419930 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 17:17:53 »

All the news outlets suggest it is a straight 51% vote.  Nothing anywhere (including the EFL) to suggest it is down to each division.
Well there is this from the EFL statement

"4. The Board considers that the majority required to curtail the 2019/20 season in any division should be 51%. Determining whether or not to curtail the season is a decision for each division to take.  "
https://www.efl.com/news/2020/may/efl-statement-coronavirus-update2/

Always best to go to the source where possible rather than relying on inaccurate reporting. Looking at media reports, you'd think we're just about to go into administration, for example
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 17:20:27 »

Must be 51% of each individual league. Barry Fry is whining about the decision and says it is unlikely they will get the 12 votes necessary to play on.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 17:31:34 »

I have just been doing a rough calculation on how things might go if there was a vote on this today.

I think there is a good chance that the proposal will pass, and here is why:

In league 2, everyone has already voted to finish the season on a PPG basis.  Assuming that Stevenage change their mind as it would mean them being relegated, that would be 23 votes out of the 37 needed.

Add into that, Leeds, West Brom, Coventry and Rotherham who would be promoted without kicking another ball brings it up to 27, so 10 more votes needed.

Take out Charlton, Luton, Barnsley, Tranmere, Southend and Bolton who would be relegated leaves 32 teams to decide one way or another.

If you assume that anyone who is within 5 points of safety wanting to finish on PPG (not take a risk of dropping), then Birmingham, Stoke, Huddersfield, Middlesborough, Wigan, Hull, Rochdale, and MC Franchise brings the tally up to 36.

That leaves 1 vote out of 28 needed, and the season is over (bar the play-offs).

If the one Stoke fan I know is anything to go by, then they'll snap your hand off for ppg.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 03:26:13 »

Some MP and Charlie Methven of Sunderland are asking for a government bail out of L1/2 clubs as ‘5-10 clubs could go bust in a matter of weeks’.

Here are the strings attached

‘A 'Football Finance Authority' (FFA) scheme should be created by the Football Association - but working with and backed financially by the government - to provide financial assistance to EFL clubs.

Funds should be provided by the FFA to allow clubs to meet their short-term liabilities and provide them enough breathing space to restructure their finances, but couldn't be used to invest in recruiting new players or improving the club's infrastructure. Rather than being offered as loans, these funds would instead be exchanged for a minority shareholding in the club, of between 10 per cent to 49 per cent, depending on the level of investment required and the value of the club.
Independent directors would be appointed to the boards of clubs as representatives for this minority shareholding. These directors can be nominated by either a registered Supporters Trust or by the relevant local government authority, but they must be non-political and subject to approval as 'Fit and Proper' by the FFA.

These Independent Directors shall have real-time access to the financial records of their club and can report their concerns back to the FFA. Clubs that continue to trade outside the rules of the EFL would be put into a form of administration by the FFA, where a credible plan would be implemented by independent auditors to bring the financial affairs of the club back in line with the League's rules.

Either a recognised Supporters Trust or a local authority can subsequently acquire the FFA shareholding in their club at a discount to market value, and funds raised in this way would be returned to the government to help repay the public investment in this scheme.

The EFL's financial regulations should be set and enforced by the FFA, the governing body of which should include representation from the EFL, the Professional Footballers Association (PFA), the Football Supporters Association (FSA) and the clubs themselves, but with an independent majority.’

Imagine Power allowing some stranger to poke around the accounts. Tbf, that probably applies to a lot of owners.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 22, 2020, 05:50:09 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 18:47:45 »

Huddersfield owner echoing Power, reckons 50-60 clubs could go bust if something isn't done to sort out financial impact of BCD next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 10:44:42 »

.....continuing the 'what happens next' football discussion this morning on the Coronavirus thread, the first vote (on the necessary rule change) is on 1 June:

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1264856538998624256?s=20

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:30:29 »

The FA has granted the National League an extension to their season.

It means the National League can hold playoffs beyond the end of May deadline.

Following a meeting last Thursday, FA Council members had been asked to vote on the proposal.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1027 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:33:51 »

The FA has granted the National League an extension to their season.

It means the National League can hold playoffs beyond the end of May deadline.

Following a meeting last Thursday, FA Council members had been asked to vote on the proposal.
Does this mean that Barrow have actually been promoted now?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:44:57 »

Does this mean that Barrow have actually been promoted now?

Like so much in this situation, who fucking knows.

There is a cynical view that it just allows them to drag things out a bit more until the EFL tell them what to do, also being pointed out that Solihull Moors (and others) have essentially released half their team and thus wouldn't be able to mean fully take part even if they did happen.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1029 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11:50:43 »

Like so much in this situation, who fucking knows.

There is a cynical view that it just allows them to drag things out a bit more until the EFL tell them what to do, also being pointed out that Solihull Moors (and others) have essentially released half their team and thus wouldn't be able to mean fully take part even if they did happen.
Solihull Moors problem doesn't matter as they wouldn't be in the play offs is a standard PPG is used.

That is IF they only play the play offs and not the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:03:21 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Valid Pint

« Reply #1030 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 12:35:21 »

Solihull Motors
It's Moors not Motors
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:50:48 »

Not that this is linked to any (immediately) previous post in this thread, but is time to turn on the Karma buttons again (especially as I now have 100 posts under my belt)  Wink

No one kills a thread like me....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1032 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:58:42 »

It's Moors not Motors
It is you are correct, they changed their name on my phone to a car dealership that I recommended a friend who lives in Solihull.

Thanks for spotting, I would have gone to my grave worrying about it if you hadn't pointed out my spelling mistake.

You are a life saver.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:00:05 »

It is you are correct, they changed their name on my phone to a car dealership that I recommended a friend who lives in Solihull.

Thanks for spotting, I would have gone to my grave worrying about it if you hadn't pointed out my spelling mistake.

You are a life saver.

I had absolutely no idea what you meant either PV, I thought you actually meant Vauxhall Motors so i'm also happy to have had this horrible issue cleared up.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1034 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 14:02:24 »

I had absolutely no idea what you meant either PV, I thought you actually meant Vauxhall Motors so i'm also happy to have had this horrible issue cleared up.
I blame my phone for autocorrect! Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: