Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419891 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #990 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:50:00 »

Apparently uncertainty at Macclesfield was part of the delay in finalizing as it could have meant another promotion space from the National if Macc could not continue as a club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:53:04 »

So, given we've already had the vote in L2, this now officially confirms us as Champions and promoted to L1. So we can celebrate now? Before descending into tears of writhing fury next week when we get deducted umpty billion points and relegated to the Swindon and District League for "advanced fucking about" off the pitch, obviously, but that's next week. Can I have a beer to celebrate now?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #992 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:55:07 »

So, given we've already had the vote in L2, this now officially confirms us as Champions and promoted to L1. So we can celebrate now? Before descending into tears of writhing fury next week when we get deducted umpty billion points and relegated to the Swindon and District League for "advanced fucking about" off the pitch, obviously, but that's next week. Can I have a beer to celebrate now?
Its the Swindon way, celebrate well for a week like its 1990.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:55:18 »

not until the vote is signed sealed and delivered.

at least, I assume there is another vote now the fa have clarified they want unweighted PPG, PO and relegations
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:56:42 »

Well assuming the same gets done for league 1, that's Oxford out of contention for any automatic promotion even if the play-offs are abandoned and 3rd place goes up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:57:01 »

not until the vote is signed sealed and delivered.

at least, I assume there is another vote now the fa have clarified they want unweighted PPG, PO and relegations
FFS Batch. I'm thinking of growing a strawberry patch just so you can piss on it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:00:13 »

I'm hurting too. I've got my last thistly cross whiskey cask cider in the fridge waiting to be drunk.

I'll piss the result of that onto your strawberries
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:03:17 »

Well assuming the same gets done for league 1, that's Oxford out of contention for any automatic promotion even if the play-offs are abandoned and 3rd place goes up.

Having a quick gander at Twitter suggests Oxford would be in play-offs. Also a bit of murmuring about Peterborough and Sunderland beginning legal proceedings if that's the case.  I really hope football clubs can be bigger than legal proceedings in this horribly unprecedented times.

Especially when you consider Nigel Clough and 2 other staff members resigning from Burton Albion in order to help them financially. Too much self-interest about.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:05:35 »

I was listening to something on the BBC and it was mentioned by a guest that if the EFL follow their own process by the book then legal action will be a pointless endeavour.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:09:37 »

Having a quick gander at Twitter suggests Oxford would be in play-offs. Also a bit of murmuring about Peterborough and Sunderland beginning legal proceedings if that's the case.  I really hope football clubs can be bigger than legal proceedings in this horribly unprecedented times.

Especially when you consider Nigel Clough and 2 other staff members resigning from Burton Albion in order to help them financially. Too much self-interest about.
The contrast between Port Vale and Clough on the one hand vs MacAnthony and Sunderland on the other couldn't be more stark
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:19:29 »

The contrast between Port Vale and Clough on the one hand vs MacAnthony and Sunderland on the other couldn't be more stark

Couldn't agree more Paul. Classy v Classless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1001 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:25:12 »

Couldn't agree more Paul. Classy v Classless.
100%, some clubs owners, especially L1 clubs have shown their true colours and are are a shitty colour.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:27:16 »

I saw the post about this from the club on Facebook and literally all the replies are Kostiuk spamming it about Power, the guy is severely unhinged.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1003 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:32:52 »

I saw the post about this from the club on Facebook and literally all the replies are Kostiuk spamming it about Power, the guy is severely unhinged.
You would think Power was his spurned lover by some of the posts, some of them are slanderous to say the least, hateful at others.

Unbelievable Jeff.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 13:34:48 »

100%, some clubs owners, especially L1 clubs have shown their true colours and are are a shitty colour.
Thank heavens our owner is cut from very different cloth Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: