Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 422886 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #855 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 09:17:54 »

The problem is that you have to have some emotional involvement to really enjoy a game. If you don't give a toss, there's nothing.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 09:49:57 »

The problem is that you have to have some emotional involvement to really enjoy a game. If you don't give a toss, there's nothing.

I’ll happily watch a game of football (or rugby) without having an emotional involvement. I really enjoyed the Frankfurt v Borussia M game yesterday without caring whoever won. As it occurred an excellent attacking Moench side won in an entertaining 4 goal game. The lack of fans doesn’t fuss me either, I generally watch a game with some music or whatever in the background.

I do understand where you are coming from and people will have varying opinions but I can happily watch a game without investing any emotional attachment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 09:51:11 »

I don't have BT Sports and I'm not getting it for the Bundesliga, so I've been watching some old Town matches.

Things I've remembered:
- Dave Mitchell was a big, rough bastard.
- Martin Ling was better than I remembered. And I remembered him being bloody good.
- Sam Parkin's opening day hat-trick was a thing of beauty.
- Shaun Taylor was fearless, or had no nerve endings.
- I wish we hadn't sold Matt Ritchie when we did. But then, we all know that.
- I'd forgotten that someone punched Sparky during the Man U game in the league!

"Absolute Calamity!"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 09:59:49 »

Could be a good time to escape from L2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8326997/Chairmen-lower-league-clubs-discussing-radical-plan-split-League-Two-regions.html
Peter Venkman

« Reply #859 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 10:07:56 »

Could be a good time to escape from L2
Is there ever a bad time to be promoted? Wink

Peter Venkman

« Reply #860 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 10:15:24 »

TBF regionalising League 2 makes a lot more sense than regionalising League 1 and League 2.

If they were going to bring it in then do it under League 1 level and have basically 2 League 2's as feeders.

That is a big IF though, not sure it will happen but has been mooted often in the past but I feel the impact would be felt less in L2 and the National league that it would with L1 and L2.

Wage caps and regional football league divisions, its all a bit 1950s austerity again.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 11:45:14 »

TBF regionalising League 2 makes a lot more sense than regionalising League 1 and League 2.

If they were going to bring it in then do it under League 1 level and have basically 2 League 2's as feeders.

That is a big IF though, not sure it will happen but has been mooted often in the past but I feel the impact would be felt less in L2 and the National league that it would with L1 and L2.

Wage caps and regional football league divisions, its all a bit 1950s austerity again.

The two L2’s, N&S could end up happening by default. It may not be considered or voted through if it is in the coming months before 20-21 starts but the next 12-24 months are far from certain at all levels more so in the cash strapped lower leagues. We could see a number of casualties, some surprising. And don’t even consider any financial help from the PL, you’ve more chance me voting labour at the next election.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #862 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 11:54:11 »

Yeah that does depend on if there actually is a 20-21 season in England, or when that will start if indeed it does.

The worm can seems to get bigger daily.

Badger

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 12:10:15 »

I don't have BT Sports and I'm not getting it for the Bundesliga, so I've been watching some old Town matches.

Things I've remembered:
- Dave Mitchell was a big, rough bastard.
- Martin Ling was better than I remembered. And I remembered him being bloody good.
- Sam Parkin's opening day hat-trick was a thing of beauty.
- Shaun Taylor was fearless, or had no nerve endings.
- I wish we hadn't sold Matt Ritchie when we did. But then, we all know that.
- I'd forgotten that someone punched Sparky during the Man U game in the league!

I think I remember the Sparky incident, as I recall he lent into the south side to retrieve the ball and his head suddenly rocked back - is that correct ?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 12:11:08 »

I’ll happily watch a game of football (or rugby) without having an emotional involvement. I really enjoyed the Frankfurt v Borussia M game yesterday without caring whoever won. As it occurred an excellent attacking Moench side won in an entertaining 4 goal game. The lack of fans doesn’t fuss me either, I generally watch a game with some music or whatever in the background.

I do understand where you are coming from and people will have varying opinions but I can happily watch a game without investing any emotional attachment.

I quite often watch premier league matches even though I have no interest in the teams that might be participating. This also applies to rugby.

Nothing to see here
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 12:32:17 »

Lee Power on talksport this afternoon
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 13:09:40 »

He seems to acknowledge that Southern Counties Seagulls is a distinct possibility.

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 13:16:56 »

Also confirms, as we know, that clubs won't survive much longer without help if there are no crowds at matches.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 13:19:33 »

He seems to acknowledge that Southern Counties Seagulls is a distinct possibility.
Did he? I thought he said fans wouldn’t accept it - and rightly so.

Ben Purkiss - PFA - getting tied in knots explaining the PFA’s income, expenditure, amount in the bank and are they going to use it to help clubs - and therefore - the players during the virus.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 13:30:34 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: Sunday, May 17, 2020, 13:39:25 »

May have to accept it if there are no other income streams

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: