Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 422769 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 03:45:51 »

It all depends on L1 and above. We've decided (L2) and the others should now follow (or not) Someone had to put a marker down.

We will win the league but might not go up.
L1 needs an extra club with Bury痴 demise. That slot will be filled by the Champions of L2 (us). Our space in L2 will be filled by Barrow.

So even if everything goes to shit re relegation/promotion from the leagues above, we値l still go up.

Some good whining and whinging by those yellow fuckers, too. Already on about the 6 points they値l get next season if they fuck up the POs.
Valid Pint

« Reply #796 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 05:49:56 »

Some jolly chaps might nip along to their play-off games with some red smokebombs
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 06:37:34 »

See port vale in 8th voted to end the season on ppg, knowing it would mean they miss the play offs. Good of them

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 07:09:38 »

See port vale in 8th voted to end the season on ppg, knowing it would mean they miss the play offs. Good of them
Most of league 2 seems to have acted very grown up, even the stevenage chairman was quite pragmatic about things, none of the melodramatic dick waving which seems to characterise L1.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 07:25:30 »

Most of league 2 seems to have acted very grown up, even the stevenage chairman was quite pragmatic about things, none of the melodramatic dick waving which seems to characterise L1.

I agree.  But to a degree that's reflection of the very tight promotion race in League 1.  We've been among a clutch of stand out sides in League 2 this season, so lots less to argue over.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 07:38:36 »

Sure she's been on elsewhere but randomly heard her on the Today program this morning (8.30ish if anybody wants to rewind). But yeah. Very pragmatic and sensible.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 07:48:48 »

I知 not sure their previous owner Norman Smurthwaite would have acted the same somehow. The big fat mess of a man.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:07:32 »

Sure she's been on elsewhere but randomly heard her on the Today program this morning (8.30ish if anybody wants to rewind). But yeah. Very pragmatic and sensible.

Here you go:

League Two: Port Vale Chair left 'Shaking' after Voting to End Season

Lots of respect for this.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:11:57 »

To be blunt, the huge majority of clubs in our division could not carry on financially. Wasn't it 140,000 just to do the testing?

Like Port Vale, I imagine we would have been the same in their position having to face up to the fact we couldn't afford to play games behind closed doors.

The huge economic burden is bad enough at the best of times let alone when you're all coughing on each other.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:19:13 »

I think the BBC mentioned that Parry relayed to L1 and L2 clubs that it would cost 」400,000 to finish the 9 or 10 final games of 2019-20.

Clubs like Port Vale can't bluff like, say, Dale Vince who could use his wealth to see out season which would probably be a pointless endeavour for him. But he can make noise.

There are some L1 clubs who can afford the cost or bluff to the point that they can kick up a stink.

As I've said from the start. There will be outrage, threats of legal action and then the season will end accordingly.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #805 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:37:27 »

Thought we were getting announced as champions today? You fuckers haven't been letting me down?
Well it was only a day late Wink not bad in the whole scheme of things.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:39:44 »

Well it was only a day late Wink not bad in the whole scheme of things.

Matey on the till in the corner shop near me told me it was gonna be Friday not Thursday. I now know where to get all my rumours.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #807 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:56:24 »

Sorry for all the seperate quotes I haven't been on the TEF since this was announced so catching up now.

Hearing Macclesfield May have a further points deduction
Any points reduction now should be carried over to next season IMO, any that have been dished out since the league stopped, the excuse the pun, its pointless to deduct them points when there is no relegation this season.

Well, if we had god on our side...
Sometimes slips of the finger are great! oo err missus!

Has anyone ever won the league after finishing second before?
I was thinking exactly the same thing, trivia question for the future. Even if Juventus did it in Italy then we can say "In England*".

Best football for years. Club on the up. Top Manager.

Well worth it.
This.

Loving the fact Port Vale miss out on the play-offs as well, they were a right bunch of pricks in both games.
Their owner Carol Shanahan was on BBC news this morning and was very humble in saying that her team after PPG fell just outside the play offs but was willing to accept her sadness for the good of L2, she was quite upset but admitted it was the fairest solution.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #808 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:56:55 »

Matey on the till in the corner shop near me told me it was gonna be Friday not Thursday. I now know where to get all my rumours.
Yes but theres a guy works down the chip shop swears heas Elvis.... Cheesy

Peter Venkman

« Reply #809 on: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 08:57:53 »

The big fat mess of a man.
You called? Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: