Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420041 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 09:55:12 »

What he wants now, though, is for those clubs in L1 who do not want to carry on, forfeiting the points.

A cursory look at Posh’s remaining fixtures sees them only playing Coventry and Sunderland as ‘tricky’ games.

Quelle surpris!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:10:31 »

Apparently there are 6 clubs that want the season finished, Posh, Pompey, Fleetwood, Wycombe, Ipswich and Sunderland.

A cursory glance at the table show they have the most to lose out in L1 financially. Even the clubs nearer the bottom with threat of relegation aren't making the same noises.
Except for Bowyer at Charlton. Was listening to an interview this morning where he explained his "thinking" and it's good to see he's lost none of the charm and intelligence that marked him out during his playing career
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:11:53 »

Salary cap proposals to be sent to owners by Monday.

I think GP can forget his last big pay day.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #693 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:11:53 »

I don't think it will be a case of who "shouts the loudest" so I hope the rest of the league offer them no support at all.

No matter what though several teams will be unhappy with the decision whatever happens, BCD, PPG, waiting to finish the season later in the year. They will never please them all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:15:35 »

Except for Bowyer at Charlton. Was listening to an interview this morning where he explained his "thinking" and it's good to see he's lost none of the charm and intelligence that marked him out during his playing career

He said it would be a disgrace as Charlton hadn't been in the bottom 3 all season and it was only because they lost their last game before lockdown against Middleborough that they are now in the relegation zone by a point. Of course in their last 9 games they would have been good enough to get enough points to stay up according to Bowyer.

He also said it would be a disgrace if Bournemouth got relegated by 1 goal if the league does get abandoned. What does it matter if its 1 goal or 50 points? Just because its a small margin doesn't mean you haven't been good enough.

I just hope that when a decision is taken that clubs respect it and we don't see legal challenges all over the place.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #695 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:19:10 »

I was on about L1 as thats all they spoke about on BBC earlier mate, I saw he was moaning in the Championship but I have a feeling that league will play BCD. Something that I don't think will happen in L1 and L2, unsurprisingly they didn't bother asking L2 clubs to comment.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #696 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:21:27 »

He also said it would be a disgrace if Bournemouth got relegated by 1 goal if the league does get abandoned. What does it matter if its 1 goal or 50 points? Just because its a small margin doesn't mean you haven't been good enough.
Absolutely its fine margins and often a single goal is the tipping point.

I just hope that when a decision is taken that clubs respect it and we don't see legal challenges all over the place.
Thats why I suggested yesterday that all clubs sign a "no challenge agreement" that they will go with whatever the EFL/FA decide prior to the announcement.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:33:22 »

I was on about L1 as thats all they spoke about on BBC earlier mate, I saw he was moaning in the Championship but I have a feeling that league will play BCD.
Doh! It would help if I paid attention before replying wouldn't it? Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:33:55 »

Absolutely its fine margins and often a single goal is the tipping point.

Thats why I suggested yesterday that all clubs sign a "no challenge agreement" that they will go with whatever the EFL/FA decide prior to the announcement.

Agree with that PV, makes perfect sense that something like that is put in place.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #699 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:38:51 »

Agree with that PV, makes perfect sense that something like that is put in place.
I think its the best way, you don't question a referee during a game without being sent off and no longer taking part, the same could apply here. Their decision is final with no comebacks.

Doh! It would help if I paid attention before replying wouldn't it? Smiley
Its OK we are all guilty of that at times!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:42:06 »

If the season is decided by ppg then there needs something legally put in place in case the same thing happens again and similar to the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern in cricket which at the start of play everyone knows the rules

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:45:44 »

Salary cap proposals to be sent to owners by Monday.

I think GP can forget his last big pay day.

Where have you seen this too Aud?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #702 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:46:52 »

Where have you seen this too Aud?

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/uk-sports/2020/05/15/salary-cap-proposals-to-be-sent-to-league-one-and-two-clubs-by-monday/

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11988727/league-one-and-league-two-clubs-to-receive-salary-cap-proposals-by-monday

Valid Pint

« Reply #703 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:49:33 »

If the season is decided by ppg then there needs something legally put in place in case the same thing happens again and similar to the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern in cricket which at the start of play everyone knows the rules
Let's hope any lawyers STFC uses at any time are better than those in 1990.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 10:51:06 »

Let's hope any lawyers STFC uses at any time are better than those in 1990.

At least Graham Kelly isn't around

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: