Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420086 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #645 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:27:19 »

They must have accumulated a fair whack in interest since it was set up, Shirley?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #646 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:38:34 »

They must have accumulated a fair whack in interest since it was set up, Shirley?
Yeah you would imagine it would, £2m over 8 years must have added a few hundred thousand onto that figure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 13:20:50 »

Have you seen the interest rates over the last 8 years? 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 13:22:30 »

You’ll get a higher rate for £2m than, say, £20,000.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 13:45:32 »

We need whichever system rightly awards us the title and keeps Oxford down.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 14:08:53 »

Have you seen the interest rates over the last 8 years? 

Even assuming the annual interest rate was 1% (the average saving rate has actually been higher than that for 7 out of the last 8 years), that would be total interest of £166,501.96 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 18:50:28 »

Another pointless statement

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/may/efl-statement-coronavirus-update
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 19:46:34 »

They sound like politicians always swerving the answer

So, give no fucks
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 19:59:04 »

So training put back a week apart from kicking the can down the road instead of a ball.

Over to the PL to resolve their plan if their season doesn't finish. This is gonna drag on and on.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 20:53:09 »

Just for info, most of the County Ground car park is now fenced off and cannot be accessed as it's going to be used as a coronavirus testing station.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 21:08:56 »

only testing 14th-17th may.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 21:30:47 »

They sound like politicians always swerving the answer

tbf I suspect they're working their nuts off in the background to try and find a resolution but can't get the clubs to agree on any compromise, they'll be fighting like 71 rats in a sack
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #657 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 08:32:31 »

tbf I suspect they're working their nuts off in the background to try and find a resolution but can't get the clubs to agree on any compromise, they'll be fighting like 71 rats in a sack
It will of course be this, it is a really difficult situation, which excuding actually finishing the league fully playing out everygame in front of a normal attendance then there will always leave some unhappy parties.

Its time they though that they just decide one way or the other and everybody has to accept the outcome so that football can finally start to move on again.

Finish it, have weighted PPG (or any other soultion they choose), get the lower divisions sorted so the players and clubs can plan for next season as they would have been at this stage anyway in the year.

It should be like the referees decision in a match, there is no questioning, no legal disputes, no challenges to the decision.

Every club sign that they will accept the outcome PRIOR to the actual announcement, whichever way they decide to go.

End this now one way or the other.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 08:53:55 »

It will of course be this, it is a really difficult situation, which excuding actually finishing the league fully playing out everygame in front of a normal attendance then there will always leave some unhappy parties.

Its time they though that they just decide one way or the other and everybody has to accept the outcome so that football can finally start to move on again.

Finish it, have weighted PPG (or any other soultion they choose), get the lower divisions sorted so the players and clubs can plan for next season as they would have been at this stage anyway in the year.

It should be like the referees decision in a match, there is no questioning, no legal disputes, no challenges to the decision.

Every club sign that they will accept the outcome PRIOR to the actual announcement, whichever way they decide to go.

There may be plenty of time to plan for next season, particularly as it is not outside the realms of possibility that there will be no football in 2020.

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 09:26:15 »

Situation really not being helped by people like the Peterborough Chairman wading in waving his dick around and suggesting he will sue left right and centre if it doesn't suit his club.

Like any such thing where money is involved a lot will depend on what the fine print of various contracts, I imagine the FL have had lawyers going through everything they have with the clubs to minimise risk.

I imagine they are hardly destitute, but likewise being sued by up to 72 clubs is something that will concern the FL.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: