Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 422434 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 10:37:43 »

Nothing new, but a good summary of the decisions to be made in the EFL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52644313

Yes, a good summary of some of the issues.

Also spotted this from yesterday. Bowyer's a bit of a tool....but not one of the sharpest.  He doesn't really [want to] understand the concept of PPG, does he?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52641394
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 10:51:52 »

Bowyer's "we've only been in the bottom 3 for one week of the season, so don't deserve to go down" shows an ignorance of many cruel last day of the season outcomes.

Tbf our relegations have generally been nailed on well in advance.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 11:15:40 »

Bowyer's "we've only been in the bottom 3 for one week of the season, so don't deserve to go down" shows an ignorance of many cruel last day of the season outcomes.

Tbf our relegations have generally been nailed on well in advance.

So...from next season, we're going to record the league table after every game, & then average that over the season to decide the final standings?  Bit worrying this, but I think someone needs to explain to Gary how league tables work.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 11:17:18 »

Has that money left to STFC in a will been used yet? If not, I couldn’t think of a better way to spend it than on keeping the club afloat.

Also, if the club (Power) and the Trust had their funding in place to purchase the CG (£2m) couldn’t that be used instead as above?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 11:47:07 »

Has that money left to STFC in a will been used yet? If not, I couldn’t think of a better way to spend it than on keeping the club afloat.

Also, if the club (Power) and the Trust had their funding in place to purchase the CG (£2m) couldn’t that be used instead as above?

Football in the community i think
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 11:55:38 »

So...from next season, we're going to record the league table after every game, & then average that over the season to decide the final standings?  Bit worrying this, but I think someone needs to explain to Gary how league tables work.
Wrong Bowyer. This one's Lee.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 11:56:48 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/nigel-eady-trusts-fantastic-contribution/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #637 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:05:47 »

I think the fairest solution all round is to not have any promotions/relegations at all, keep the tables as ppg in L2 and National level, promote Swindon who finish top on PPG in place of Bury making L1 back to its normal size of 24 teams again and then promote Barrow and Harrogate to L2.

Leave the rest as they were and start again, simple.

I can see nobody arguing about that........

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:06:42 »

Is that all the cash though?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:09:30 »

I think the fairest solution all round is to not have any promotions/relegations at all, keep the tables as ppg in L2 and National level, promote Swindon who finish top on PPG in place of Bury making L1 back to its normal size of 24 teams again and then promote Barrow and Harrogate to L2.

Still as clear as mud in Barra https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/18441251.barrow-still-waiting-contradicting-views-league-season-will-end/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:18:40 »

Is that all the cash though?
He left £2m, apparently he contributed around £800k to it from that.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17434050.nigel-eady-trust-donation-helps-get-swindon-town-charity-facility-plans-moving/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:21:08 »

Nobody in Swindon, anyway!

I think whatever method is used or whether it’s declared null and void we’ll go up even if it’s just to replace Bury, as you say.

Mind you, if there’s a whole heap of clubs going to the wall, any league format will be entirely different to what we have now.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:23:28 »

Nah I can’t accept that, any scenario that see’s Southend and Bolton in league 1 next season is beyond farcical.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:26:11 »

Ah, didn't realise that. Cheers PV
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 12:26:59 »

Nah I can’t accept that, any scenario that see’s Southend and Bolton in league 1 next season is beyond farcical.
Completely agree. Just do PPG. Weighted if they absolutely insist, but PPG.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: