Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 422646 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 20:17:48 »

The goldstone ground was a cracking ground but now they're just another soulless club

Went there in 95, we won 3-0  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 20:25:14 »

Went there in 95, we won 3-0  Smiley

Ah yeah Steve Finney bagged a couple Pint

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 10:44:26 »

Most likely scenario it seems to me is that the PL try to complete the season behind closed doors and the whole thing falls apart in the first week after the first few positive tests. If nothing else because players will refuse to put their own health at risk.
Just a week before the Bundesliga is due to resume, Dresden has put their entire squad in quarantine for two weeks after two players tested positive for Covid19. Likely to not be the only case. Be interesting to see how German football copes with this, I'd imagine the PL is watching very closely
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 10:45:42 »

Maybe they should just let herd immunity run through footballers.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 10:47:49 »

It's not as if they'll be in close contact with more than the 30ish people who play that day, if they don't want to play then they don't get paid. Same deal as a lot of front line workers.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 11:13:14 »

Strange, though, that Covid only seems to be infecting players of relegation threatened clubs. Brighton have now said a third, unnamed, player has contracted it and, blimey o Riley, none are showing symptoms. Nice and convenient, that. They also don’t  fancy neutral venues as it lessens their home advantage.

If clubs are trying to wriggle out using the Covid excuse then those players should be independently tested
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 11:21:25 »

The goldstone ground was a cracking ground but now they're just another soulless club

Yes the goldstone was ace but the Amex is s far from soulless. One hell of a lot of effort was put into it to make sure it wasn’t.
Even the away end has details that prove they wanted anything but. Away fans have colored lights in their teams colours. A local beer from their own area and post match (unless it’s a team with a “history”, home and away fans can mix as they have djs hosting a  “party” for 2 hours after the final whistle
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 11:31:30 »

Yes the goldstone was ace but the Amex is s far from soulless. One hell of a lot of effort was put into it to make sure it wasn’t.

Absolutely.

I fucking hate almost every ground built in last 20 odd years or so, give me an old original ground every day.

However the Amex is superb, original unique design, character, etc.  Best new ground there is by a mile. Only downside is the location, miles outside Brighton itself.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 11:36:09 »

Absolutely.

I fucking hate almost every ground built in last 20 odd years or so, give me an old original ground every day.

However the Amex is superb, original unique design, character, etc.  Best new ground there is by a mile. Only downside is the location, miles outside Brighton itself.

Unfortunately they didn’t have much choice with location. They battled fucking hard for that ground. Yes I know there’s animosity between both sets of fans but don’t forget they helped us when diamond mike was trying to kill us.
It’s 3 stops from the main station but every fan with a ticket gets free public transport to and from the ground to make up for its location
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 11:50:35 »

It pains me to say it but as far as new grounds are concerned the Amex is excellent. Its probably just safe standing away from being the perfect modern football ground. It's well away from the town centre but transport is well organised, regular, quick and free. This means that you've got some of the best pubs that Brighton has to offer available for pre-match drinks. It really is no harder than the stroll to the County Ground.

It can be tricky to get away but as has been said above, they give you reasons to stick around which "flattens the curve" of the exodus.

Sent from my SM-N950F

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:31:23 »

However nice their ground is they're still cunts for suggesting B teams. Fucking cheek of them after struggling not so long ago, fucking wankers.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:44:09 »

However nice their ground is they're still cunts for suggesting B teams. Fucking cheek of them after struggling not so long ago, fucking wankers.

Their chief exec has, the fans I know would be as appalled as you and me
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:53:54 »

Absolutely.

I'm not disputing that the ground and facalities are superb but I prefer less sanitised stadiums and would choose Southampton over Brighton for all round experience

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:57:32 »

See for me Southampton is the typical bog standard new build, there are 10 pretty much identical grounds in the country just with different colour seats.

On the flip side, the ground being slap bang in the city centre is a major plus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #584 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:57:58 »

I'm not disputing that the ground and facalities are superb but I prefer less sanitised stadiums and would choose Southampton over Brighton for all round experience
There is no doubt that St Marys is a far far better ground in every aspect than The Dell which was an absolute shit hole, there are a few cases of new stadiums being better than the old for certain, but not all by any means.

For me St Marys is easily the best of the new stadiums built this century, it has the feel of an older ground but with great facilities and positioning too. It just has a nice feel about it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: