Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419933 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 14:23:03 »

I think he'll let you have Coventry, though, Jimmy. :-)
Not sure about Rotherham in that mix, and Fleetwood are being bankrolled.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 14:53:16 »

B teams in the Football League to replace teams that have gone bust is being suggested again by, among others, Brighton's Technical Director. So faced with the prospect of the lower tiers of the football pyramid going bust, the Premier League clubs' reaction isn't to think how they can help out but how they can exploit the distress of historic clubs the game is founded on for their own gain. Wankers.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 14:57:26 »

I understood that B teams was the price we had to pay for getting a survival handout from the PL - in which case, none should go bust.

Tbh, they only want to get experience for their young players - surely the loan system achieves that already.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:06:31 »

I understood that B teams was the price we had to pay for getting a survival handout from the PL - in which case, none should go bust.
No mention of a handout in the report I saw, just naked self-interest dressed up as "sharing resources"

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/b-team-idea-could-return-table-coronavirus-shutdown-brighton-dan-ashworth-a4436186.html

If you've seen something more in-depth, be interested to see it

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:11:07 »

Just read this and put 2 and 2 together

‘Parry said they would help Premier clubs send youth loans to EFL clubs if they needed them. I think that’s a great idea. In the short term. Doesn’t make them B teams. Prem are willing to give EFL cash if Prem start. I wouldn’t be knocking that idea either.’
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:15:14 »

If the big clubs take advantage of this and get partner clubs or b teams out of it then I’ll be done with football.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:15:57 »

Lot of fans would be the same.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:21:05 »

Just read this and put 2 and 2 together

‘Parry said they would help Premier clubs send youth loans to EFL clubs if they needed them. I think that’s a great idea. In the short term. Doesn’t make them B teams. Prem are willing to give EFL cash if Prem start. I wouldn’t be knocking that idea either.’
Sorry but who's that a quote from? Someone claiming to paraphrase Rick Parry and is the assertion that the Prem are willing to give EFL cash from Parry or this bloke you're quoting?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:26:45 »

If the big clubs take advantage of this and get partner clubs or b teams out of it then I’ll be done with football.
I'd rather go bust and start again

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:27:44 »

Journo

He reckons if the PL restarts they are willing to give EFL clubs a handout. I was presuming that in return they’d press for B teams again.

Only me surmising.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:46:46 »

Journo

He reckons if the PL restarts they are willing to give EFL clubs a handout. I was presuming that in return they’d press for B teams again.

Only me surmising.
OK, but was this in a private conversation with said journo or (presumably) something you've seen quoted in an article or on Twitter? Not doubting you, just wondering where it's come from (e.g. if it's someone with a track record of being on the money, correspondent for one of the nationals or just some random bullshitter who strings for PA)

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 15:48:35 »

Nixon on Twitter
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 16:03:57 »

Nixon on Twitter
Cheers!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 17:27:02 »

B teams in the Football League to replace teams that have gone bust is being suggested again by, among others, Brighton's Technical Director. So faced with the prospect of the lower tiers of the football pyramid going bust, the Premier League clubs' reaction isn't to think how they can help out but how they can exploit the distress of historic clubs the game is founded on for their own gain. Wankers.
Who the hell do Brighton think they are, Billy Big Time?. Given their recent history you would think they would be more appreciative of the lower league situation.

If we hadn't sold them Gordon Greer....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Saturday, May 9, 2020, 19:34:37 »

Who the hell do Brighton think they are, Billy Big Time?. Given their recent history you would think they would be more appreciative of the lower league situation.

If we hadn't sold them Gordon Greer....

The goldstone ground was a cracking ground but now they're just another soulless club

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: