Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420152 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 19:12:21 »

Trust Bournemouth to be against the proposals.

Fucking scrubbers.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 20:28:58 »

@McDonellDan

Waterford's players/staff were informed by the club today they were being temporarily laid off. Reaction from a Blues boss Alan Reynolds coming shortly on @IndoSport - he was surprised to find out the news from a player
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 20:29:30 »

The group who want no relegation have conveniently overlooked the fact that if the jeopardy of relegation is removed there are a large number of “dead rubbers” in the remaining games (basically any game not involving a team contending for a European place). Do they seriously think that (for example) Bournemouth v West Ham or Aston Villa v Brighton (I haven’t checked if these are actually still to play but they illustrate my point) will be remotely interesting to anyone if there is no relegation?
If they agree this the TV companies will want their contracts reduced because the PL has acted in a way which reduces the interest in those games.
Self interest has blinded them to common sense.

I get the argument, but the TV money being paid for these last rounds of fixtures won’t be impacted by whether or not fans are in the stadium

Things get better but they never get good
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 21:40:36 »

I get the argument, but the TV money being paid for these last rounds of fixtures won’t be impacted by whether or not fans are in the stadium

Will impact the overseas sales tho.
Those foreign channels won't want to pay for friendlies.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 22:10:44 »

@McDonellDan

Waterford's players/staff were informed by the club today they were being temporarily laid off. Reaction from a Blues boss Alan Reynolds coming shortly on @IndoSport - he was surprised to find out the news from a player

Proper cunts trick doing that by email

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 02:17:24 »

Trust Bournemouth to be against the proposals.

Fucking scrubbers.
Here’s the solution. If there is no relegation those 3 clubs who would have been relegated retain their PL status but, financially, only receive the parachute payments they would have received by being relegated.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 07:09:45 »

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0504/1136449-disgusted-waterford-players-staff-laid-off-by-email/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 08:16:04 »

Like so much of this imagine it will depend on what the precise cdontract says betwen the TV companies and the PL, can imagine the TV companies will be against paying top dollar for what willl be on the whole fairly pointless friendlies, probably played at little above walking pace with little contact between players.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:35:30 »

Hasn't he been wanting to pull out of Waterford for a while now?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:38:47 »

Hasn't he been wanting to pull out of Waterford for a while now?

I think this season was to be Power's last with Waterford... or something like that.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:49:15 »

I think this season was to be Power's last with Waterford... or something like that.
I seem to remember him accusing them of conning him out of money or something like that and same issues caused them to be banned from playing in Europe.  Imagine he's just refused to put anymore money in and as a result they have no cashflow.
Flashheart

« Reply #431 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:53:28 »

He was screwed over from what I read; given promises by people in the Irish FA that were not kept.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 09:58:57 »

He was screwed over from what I read; given promises by people in the Irish FA that were not kept.

Wasn't it down to legal action by another club, linked to the date of Powers investment making them ineligible for Europe or something like that?

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/waterford-in-limbo-as-euro-doubts-prompt-power-exit-fears-over-potential-240k-budget-hit-38030575.html

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/we-feel-we-have-been-totally-misled-waterford-owner-lee-power-slams-fai-over-clubs-europa-league-ban-38031763.html

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 10:05:02 »

Either way clearly you wouldn’t plough anymore money in so this was inevitable.
Flashheart

« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 10:09:23 »

Yes.

But apparently he was assured, by the Irish FA, that the legal issue in question was already covered. Only for it to turn out to not be the case. Apparently he went ahead and invested more on the back of the assurances he was given and ultimatley lost a fair whack as a result.

Or somethign like that.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: