Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420074 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 09:50:51 »

cane across quite well in that.

given what he said, it's asking a hell of a lot of the out of contract players to say 'yes' to play on
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:08:14 »

cane across quite well in that.

given what he said, it's asking a hell of a lot of the out of contract players to say 'yes' to play on

Valid Pint

« Reply #407 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:13:18 »

Don't give him too much stick over his typo
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:28:08 »

oh ffs. I log in to see all this
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #409 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:31:54 »

oh ffs. I log in to see all this
You should have twigged...

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Valid Pint

« Reply #410 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:33:02 »

Maybe Bamboo can comment
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:49:49 »

My current gut feeling is that the Premier League will, somehow, return and EFL will not.

Germany's attempts to re-start will probably be harmed by the fact that three Cologne players have tested positive with no symptoms.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:52:34 »

My current gut feeling is that the Premier League will, somehow, return and EFL will not.
Think you're right, although I'd add the caveat that I think the PL will return, they'll quickly find that it's impossible to isolate/quarantine players/teams who have tested positive and still fulfill fixtures and they'll be back to the drawing board inside the 1st couple of weeks.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 17:02:43 »

Has anything been said about how replacing Bury will be handled if all the 19/20 results are voided?

Apologies if already covered, but surely one club (Crewe or Swindon presumably) would go up to Div 1 and one club from the National League (presumably Barrow) would go up to Div 2.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 17:22:01 »

Has anything been said about how replacing Bury will be handled if all the 19/20 results are voided?

Apologies if already covered, but surely one club (Crewe or Swindon presumably) would go up to Div 1 and one club from the National League (presumably Barrow) would go up to Div 2.

Another can of worms.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 22:53:38 »

Maybe Bamboo can comment

Unfortunately, Bamboo is a grass (no pun).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 06:31:16 »

So the prem teams are open to Neutral venues if no relegation. Which basically screws everyone else. I do hope some of the wankers do go bust if that does happen.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 14:50:09 »

So the prem teams are open to Neutral venues if no relegation. Which basically screws everyone else. I do hope some of the wankers do go bust if that does happen.

But the team's in the relegation zone seemingly don't like that idea unless it's no relegation, a few of them I believe have to play the top 6, its like turkeys voting for Christmas, if they can come up with a way of keeping themselves on the gravy train then they will.

With only 6 needing to vote against anything put to them then you would not bet against them getting their way, but that then opens the door on what they do about promotion from the championship as surely they wont want to add 3 extra teams and add more games, the poor loves already play too many games.

The FA  / PL should make the decision and the club made to abide by the decision.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 14:56:33 »

The FA  / PL should make the decision and the club made to abide by the decision.
The Premier League's decision making mechanism is by a vote of the clubs.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 19:07:39 »

The group who want no relegation have conveniently overlooked the fact that if the jeopardy of relegation is removed there are a large number of “dead rubbers” in the remaining games (basically any game not involving a team contending for a European place). Do they seriously think that (for example) Bournemouth v West Ham or Aston Villa v Brighton (I haven’t checked if these are actually still to play but they illustrate my point) will be remotely interesting to anyone if there is no relegation?
If they agree this the TV companies will want their contracts reduced because the PL has acted in a way which reduces the interest in those games.
Self interest has blinded them to common sense.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: