Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 422438 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 10:41:32 »

Commie bastard!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 12:09:54 »

Bradford City have stopped selling STs for next season - offering free iFollow or a total refund for those who have already purchased one. Club statement said that next season will be starting with no fans present.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 12:32:42 »

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/club-statement-city-for-all-202021-season-tickets/
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 12:40:49 »

Just a thought...  If the PL is to be made up of 23 teams next season our record 100 goals conceded could be in danger of being toppled.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 13:16:27 »

Commie bastard!

Communism was the best system invented. Unfortunately its always been headed by corrupt psychopathic capitalists in every single example.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 13:30:57 »

If the club said you could watch all our homes games for say £50-100 till the end of season on TV I’d say yes please. Worry about next season after we have completed this one.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 14:07:40 »

If the club said you could watch all our homes games for say £50-100 till the end of season on TV I’d say yes please. Worry about next season after we have completed this one.

If it meant we could complete the season I'd pay it and watch online.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 14:10:50 »

I’ve already paid upfront to watch all games on iFollow. Thieving bastards!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 14:29:37 »

EFL confirmed that Academy season is over.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/efl-statement-academy-games-programme/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 14:31:36 »

Shortly expected to confirm end of WWII
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 14:32:54 »

Shortly expected to confirm end of WWII

Didn't it finally end for many on the 31st January?  Cheesy Wink
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 14:33:50 »

If it meant we could complete the season I'd pay it and watch online.

Well if the games are BCD, then you’ll have no choice. Other than not paying or going around someone else’s house that is, with lockdown and social distancing of some sort after it won’t be that easy.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 1, 2020, 14:38:46 by Legends-Lounge » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 14:50:30 »

Had a few owners issue statements. Be nice to hear from Power and his stance.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 22:41:21 »

iFollow have a fucking good opportunity here to corner the streaming market for all. They'll have to seriously up their game and have a decent set of customer query channels that are highly responsive. Like you know...an actual Live Chat facility and a team that can resolve issues during a match.

Customer experience in this field is paramount if they want to keep that contract I'd say. So far those using it has probably been low (I mean the genuine users), so even if getting complaints, they've been able to fob off or even be totally unresponsive to customer complaints to date.

If I can watch a pretty much uninterrupted live stream on B365 (insert major bookie) with some (dubious) commentary for as little as a £1. Then iFollow have no excuse for delays in live streaming or loss of audio. An occasional hiccup is annoying but not virtually every match. Get it right and they'll be around longer. Fuck it up with a higher volume of sign ups incoming and people will rightly tell them to fuck it. Semi fastish buck possibly but zero longevity with that approach.

In any case I can imagine one of the major bookies or someone else winning that contract, as live streaming for the EFL goes mainstream. Once they've opened the door on it, I can't see them not providing it as an option continually. It won't be the death of live footy because there will always be a chunk of people who want to go in the flesh. However, with apps like MelodyVR around that bring music gigs to people who can't make it/missed out/are ill etc, it is a helpful resource. I can only see money getting ploughed into that area regarding sports; in due course. Bringing the matchday experience to the home. It'll never be quite the same but it will provide us with a further option(s) as to how we approach, attend and view our live sport in the very near future.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 08:23:22 »

I haven't seen this posted previously but here's the audio of Alex Rodman of Bristol Rovers relaying the information from a recent conference call regarding what could happen next...

How they'll decide on the third promoted club in L1 on 'sporting merit' I will never know.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: