Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 419842 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:40:40 »

The solution will have to be one that affects the least number of clubs adversely. Ppg is a piece of piss in our league but in L1 with only 3 points separating 2nd from 8th clubs are going to miss out on a tiny fraction of a point - hopefully the piss stains.

As long as the leagues are finalised, position wise, maybe different solutions can be applied to different leagues.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:48:16 »

That would open up a whole can of worms. Team X who lose out on promotion because league 1 ends things with one particular solution could then say well League 2 has done it this different way, if league 1 had done it the same way we would have got promotion.

IMO all levels within in a country have to have same solution, infact I’d say all league in Europe should all do the same thing for consistencies sake but that UEFA’s call I guess.

Some teams will get shit on, some teams will benefit unfairly whatever the solution is
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12:50:08 by Abrahammer » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 13:05:18 »

Bit late for that, unless just voiding the season is the only answer, given Holland have done just that and France are certainly not completing their leagues.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 14:53:05 »

The big hitters are going to try to soldier on but still I wonder whether the lowers (anywhere) will?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52443197

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 15:19:00 »

The clubs, players and Sky don’t give a rat’s arse about anything other than to keep the wonga rolling in.

Hope it gets shut down and fucks a few of them over.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 16:28:12 »

The clubs, players and Sky don’t give a rat’s arse about anything other than to keep the wonga rolling in.

Still irks me the football gossip on the BBC site saying so and so is to agree a contract etc. Unless clubs are really stupid (and some are) no one is going to offer 500 grand a week for someone. They (the BBC)are as responsible as anyone for trying to keep the facade going.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 16:39:44 »

Something to maybe bring a smile to some of you. Apologies, Twitter bashed the shit out of the quality but the video footage is off my old Xperia Mini.

Good times will come back and we'll get these moments again.

If anyone spots themselves on it (highly unlikely due to quality being down to about 420p) please let me know and I'll make sure you're acknowledged Smiley

So...erm, enjoy I guess.

https://twitter.com/BambooCreatives/status/1255532656126832641?s=19

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 16:49:12 »

Was on the bank that day.
Fucking freezing.
Didn't go on the pitch tho

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 17:00:11 »

Only time I’ve gone on the pitch was the playoff win at Tranmere. Had words with Moxey!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 18:31:37 »

Don't agree with the idea but you could see the CG being a South West hub for League Two given our good access to transport and standard of our pitch.

Plymouth too far away and FGR or Cheltenham poor access and Newport pitch is terrible
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 22:50:35 »

Was on the bank that day.
Fucking freezing.
Didn't go on the pitch tho

Don't remember it being cold...might've been the beer jacket though. Cracking day though. What you don't see on that though is, some bloke says "What a spanking" and indeed. 5-0 is 5-0 in anyone's book.

We'll have our day again.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, April 30, 2020, 08:29:01 »

I imagine the PL are shitting it as they are going to have to pay a hell of a lot of TV money back/not receive it if they don't deliver what they are contracted to provide.

I imagine the ramifications are going to seriously affect some of the smaller PL clubs if that is the case, possibly worse than lower league ones.

Don't agree with the idea but you could see the CG being a South West hub for League Two given our good access to transport and standard of our pitch.

Plymouth too far away and FGR or Cheltenham poor access and Newport pitch is terrible

I assume the hubs will be for the leagues different to the host clubs (if that makes sense) otherwise the team will be at an advantage, so possibly L1 hub be CG and Lg 2 say Ashton Gate or something like that?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, April 30, 2020, 08:54:26 »

No games, no fans, no TV subscriptions, no Sky money, no blood sucking PL clubs, no monopoly on success = football may be back on track for ALL clubs, not just the chosen few.

It’s going be interesting to see which clubs get shook out of the footballing tree - could list a fair few candidates.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Thursday, April 30, 2020, 09:14:56 »

No games, no fans, no TV subscriptions, no Sky money, no blood sucking PL clubs, no monopoly on success = football may be back on track for ALL clubs, not just the chosen few.
Sympathise with the sentiment and I'd also enjoy the end outcome you paint, but the problem is there could be a hell of a lot of clubs go to the wall in the meantime, good clubs that mean a lot to their communities, not just the ones causing the issues. And ours could be one, I think we're in a better place than most L2 clubs but I don't think any football club is insulated from a prolonged shutdown.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, April 30, 2020, 09:26:09 »

Steve Evans Manager of mid table Gills:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52390528

Finish it or void it.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: