Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 422762 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:22:42 »

You have L2 fever. Only 2 go up auto in L1. So Oxford would still be in the PO's where they are now

Happy to be corrected, but thought I read that there would be no play offs - and three from League 1 going straight up.  Similarly, Cheltenham (in 4th) would go up in League 2.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:23:47 »

I haven't seen that anywhere. I didnt think they had met yet?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:54:10 »

I haven't seen that anywhere. I didnt think they had met yet?
It was one of the proposals, don't think anything has been agreed yet
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 10:18:00 »

If you do away with the play-off promotion spot and the related relegation spot almost all controversy goes away and if the play-offs aren’t happening then the promotion spot shouldn’t exist.

Seems common sense to me:
Only Southend and Bolton would be relegated in league 1 who are 15+ points adrift, Tranmere who have a game in hand that if they won would climb out of the relegation zone would stay up.
Similarly in the Championship Luton and Barnsley are 6+ points adrift would go down with Charlton who are only 2 points adrift staying up.

Finish the season with PPG and it’s the best that can be done, some will still moan but it’s not that controversial IMO.

The PL relegation/Championship promotion will be a different matter altogether.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 10:55:16 »

If you do away with the play-off promotion spot and the related relegation spot almost all controversy goes away and if the play-offs aren’t happening then the promotion spot shouldn’t exist.

Only Southend and Bolton would be relegated in league 1 who are 15+ points adrift, Tranmere who have a game in hand that if they won would climb out of the relegation zone would stay up.
Similarly in the Championship Luton and Barnsley are 6+ points adrift would go down with Charlton who are only 2 points adrift staying up.

Finish the season with PPG and it’s the best that can be done, some will still moan but it’s not that controversial IMO.
Job done! theakston for Chairman of the Football League Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 11:13:54 »

theakston's plan makes sense, therefore eliminating him  from the job
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 11:28:31 »

theakston's plan makes sense, therefore eliminating him  from the job
Ah, good point. Sensible, workable solutions are not suitable for football. You need to come up with something jaw-droppingly stupid that will somehow result in even more wealth being transferred to the top 6-9 clubs in the Premier League, theakston
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 12:28:34 »

And Swindon with a game in hand over Crewe would go up as champions !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 12:44:35 »

I'm almost at a point of wondering whether any of it is worth it - I can't see them opening up stadiums this year, so everything will be behind closed doors and a bit weird.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 13:41:21 »

I heard on the radio today Swindon Town are in talks with other league 2 clubs to finish the season early but did not say what the conclusion would be

So, give no fucks
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 15:30:36 »

I heard on the radio today Swindon Town are in talks with other league 2 clubs to finish the season early but did not say what the conclusion would be

As I've said before, I can see this season being declared null and void - God forbid!! I really dont see any other solution being accepted by enough clubs.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 15:32:10 »

As I've said before, I can see this season being declared null and void - God forbid!! I really dont see any other solution being accepted by enough clubs.

I fear you may be right.

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 15:39:03 »

PPG or current standings will be accepted by just as many if not more clubs depending on which gets asked first. The clubs in mid-table with nothing to play for won’t give a toss as long as the season is declared finished. The teams in the promotion places will object to null & void and the teams just outside the Auto’s/play-offs will object to both null & void and PPG.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 15:45:37 »

There won't be any common sense and it's hard to get a right answer apart from "finish the season"

Even speaking as a neutral, it would be so harsh on the teams up the top to not give them what they deserve.

I would..

Promote Barrow & Harrogate from the National League
Relegate Stevenage in L2. Promote us, Crewe & Plymouth.
Relegate Bolton & Southend from League One, they're too far gone. Promote Coventry & Rotherham from League One. Gives L1 & L2 24 teams each
Relegate Barnsley & Luton from the Championship. Promote Leeds & West Brom.
Don't relegate anyone from the Premier League, have both Premier League & Championship on 22 teams and adjust it with promotions / relegations the season after.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 15:53:00 »

PL won't want to go to 22 teams

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: