Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420115 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:34:31 »

Until there is a definitive start date - not the fluffy ‘hopefully’, or ‘aiming for’ dates - it’s a non starter.

If the EFL are determined to get this season finished they have to give a date whereby they concede it cannot be finished. How can Power commit £20k a month for Doyle et al with no definitive start date. What if it’s September - that’s £40k down the pan for just one player.

No ticket money coming in, Imagine Cruising sponsorship must have gone up in smoke too.

Fuck knows where this leaves the CG purchase.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 14:43:56 »

We are glad to see the back of ya!
Was referring to the boys, not pensioners corner.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 15:08:20 »

Until there is a definitive start date - not the fluffy ‘hopefully’, or ‘aiming for’ dates - it’s a non starter.

If the EFL are determined to get this season finished they have to give a date whereby they concede it cannot be finished. How can Power commit £20k a month for Doyle et al with no definitive start date. What if it’s September - that’s £40k down the pan for just one player.

No ticket money coming in, Imagine Cruising sponsorship must have gone up in smoke too.

Fuck knows where this leaves the CG purchase.
The club did manage to get the first phase of season ticket renewals through before football closed down but it wouldn't take long to burn through that money with no other income coming in.

I assume the ground purchase was fairly advanced given the announcements but until contracts are signed it can all go awry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 15:18:02 »

Quote from: pauld
Well it works both ways - clubs won't be under any obligation to extend contracts either if they don't want to. All the FIFA ruling does IIRC is *allow* for contract to be rolled over until end of season (whenever that is) in terms of registration, which might otherwise have got messy with international clearances etc. But it still requires the consent of both parties to the contract

not disputing that.

to expand/clarify my point, the season isn't really the same season if it continues with different squads - FIFA ruling or not. The integrity of the league will already be blown.

it's why I still think the league needs done by June 30th +- a couple of weeks goodwill from players and clubs (well +, cause it ain't going to be -)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 15:24:24 »

not disputing that.

to expand/clarify my point, the season isn't really the same season if it continues with different squads - FIFA ruling or not. The integrity of the league will already be blown.
Ah, yes I see, yes that's a given I think
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, April 18, 2020, 13:18:37 »

Afternoon,

Trying to get a decent amount of voters for 10 questions I've posed for an upcoming episode. Would appreciate any Twitter users who haven't contributed to please spend a minute or two answers them.

Cheers.

https://twitter.com/LoathedStranger
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, April 18, 2020, 14:04:59 »

Afternoon,

Trying to get a decent amount of voters for 10 questions I've posed for an upcoming episode. Would appreciate any Twitter users who haven't contributed to please spend a minute or two answers them.

Cheers.

https://twitter.com/LoathedStranger

Done
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, April 18, 2020, 19:44:58 »

Survey done
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 21:19:01 »

Just noticed this on Twitter about a discussion by Lge 2 clubs tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/thesunfootball/status/1251979086702030850?s=21

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 06:43:25 »

Seems like it’s happening. Either finished as the standings are presently, or ppg. 3 game play offs BCD. If the situation is as dire as some clubs say in L2 there shouldn’t be too much bleating. Stevenage couldn’t complain. In fact, no club should complain if the alternative is hanging on indefinitely and then going bust.

Looks as if each league could decide differently - but as long as the promotion/relegation slots are finalised I suppose that doesn’t really matter.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 07:33:43 »

Now saying pubs could be closed until Christmas,  surely if that's the case then football would follow as all areas of hospitality are said to be the last that will reopen..................  Shit !!!!!!!!!!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 07:43:10 »

Now saying pubs could be closed until Christmas,  surely if that's the case then football would follow as all areas of hospitality are said to be the last that will reopen..................  Shit !!!!!!!!!!!.

I've only seen the Sun saying the pubs will be closed until Christmas (might be wrong). Think the government said that hospitality would be the last thing to come out lockdown - which to be honest has seemed pretty obvious for a while.

That's a pretty odious Sun front page all round really. PUBS SHUT TILL CHRISTMAS. (596 dead in small cartoon virus, see page 4).
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 08:00:53 »

Only of secondary interest, I know.  But if Points per Game (PPG) was adopted by League 1, Wycombe (in 8th!) would go up - and not Oxford (in 3rd).  Which would be quite funny, if I'm honest.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 08:08:32 »

Only of secondary interest, I know.  But if Points per Game (PPG) was adopted by League 1, Wycombe (in 8th!) would go up - and not Oxford (in 3rd).  Which would be quite funny, if I'm honest.

You have L2 fever. Only 2 go up auto in L1. So Oxford would still be in the PO's where they are now
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:04:10 »

You have L2 fever. Only 2 go up auto in L1. So Oxford would still be in the PO's where they are now

Yeah that's right. Presumably Wycombe would jump above Posh into the play-offs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: