Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420058 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:15:25 »

Behind closed doors seems most likely if lockdown ends up getting reduced gradually. Non-Essential office jobs / shops etc are lower risk than crowds at football games, pubs, gigs etc. So in the event lockdown gets reduced but not stopped completely for big events etc. The Behind Closed Doors becomes a good way of getting the season done.

Sorry that was a horribly written set of non-sentences. I hope it makes sense.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:43:05 »

What happens if these games get shunted past 30 June when OOC players and loanees may have left?

We’ll end up playing the last 10 games with youths and whatever under contract pros we have left. How can that be representative of the previous games that got us top of the league?

Those middle for diddle clubs with no interest in play offs or relegation would have let as many players go as possible to save money - quite understandably.

The PL money, which is not new money only next season’s solidarity money brought forward, would be wasted on a host meaningless games.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:47:32 »

How would behind closed doors work? Presumably, clubs would still play at their home grounds otherwise that risks the integrity of having home and away fixtures for 3/4 of the season and not finishing that way.

There were some noises about playing games at places like St George's Park. Surely, you would want to play or your own pitch and have some advantage although our wind tunnel would be diminished in June.

The iFollow idea is interesting but if you were a season ticket holder should you have to pay again for live streaming of home games?

Personally, I hand over my season ticket money and it's the clubs. I wouldn't ask for a refund for the remaining games but paying for a live stream seems unfair. I notice throughout the debate about loss of tv revenue that Sky aren't dropping their prices, you can cancel but lose any deals.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:50:15 »

they'd surely bung Ifollow free to ST holders for home games
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:54:54 »

What happens if these games get shunted past 30 June when OOC players and loanees may have left?

We’ll end up playing the last 10 games with youths and whatever under contract pros we have left. How can that be representative of the previous games that got us top of the league?

Those middle for diddle clubs with no interest in play offs or relegation would have let as many players go as possible to save money - quite understandably.

The PL money, which is not new money only next season’s solidarity money brought forward, would be wasted on a host meaningless games.

I would imagine clubs would be able to exteend player contracts month by month
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:00:59 »

But most clubs don’t want to extend players’s contracts - they want them off the payroll ASAP.

What’s the point in, say, Scunthorpe, retaining players for matches that are meaningless for them.

It’s probably great for us as we play loads of those sort of teams in the 10 games left.

But what if Doyle says, no thanks, and Grant. And all the loan players are recalled.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:06:54 »

I would imagine clubs would be able to exteend player contracts month by month
FIFA have already said this is what will happen haven't they? I realise FIFA permitting it and clubs doing it is a different matter, but at least it can happen within the framework of registrations etc.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:07:49 »

But most clubs don’t want to extend players’s contracts - they want them off the payroll ASAP.

What’s the point in, say, Scunthorpe, retaining players for matches that are meaningless for them.

It’s probably great for us as we play loads of those sort of teams in the 10 games left.

But what if Doyle says, no thanks, and Grant. And all the loan players are recalled.
There's going to be all kinds of problems like this. It's not going to be perfect. There is no perfect solution. It's just a case of trying to find the least worst compromise.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:12:44 »

I’d imagine we’d be able to easily find enough players in the current squad willing to play so wouldn’t be an issue. Like you say though with the majority of teams we play having nothing to play for there’s a big possibility we are going to mainly be playing youth players which other clubs won’t be happy about but it’s the best of a bad bunch of options.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:19:57 »

I’d imagine we’d be able to easily find enough players in the current squad willing to play so wouldn’t be an issue. Like you say though with the majority of teams we play having nothing to play for there’s a big possibility we are going to mainly be playing youth players which other clubs won’t be happy about but it’s the best of a bad bunch of options.
I'd be happy with that,  just need an injection of football,  depression setting in,  didn't realise how much Saturday afternoon's with the boys really meant,  get  this done and look forward to League 1 next season.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:35:53 »

FIFA have already said this is what will happen haven't they? I realise FIFA permitting it and clubs doing it is a different matter, but at least it can happen within the framework of registrations etc.

Im not sure mate, must have missed that. In that case, as you were
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:36:54 »

Yes they have.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:04:19 »

yeah they did, but I can't see it being the club's choice. if the player wants to go then they'll go. the legal ramifications if it's an enforced extension could be huge.

that said, can another club afford to pay them at the moment...

still at least we only have most of our key players out of contract...oh bugger
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:05:01 »

I'd be happy with that,  just need an injection of football,  depression setting in,  didn't realise how much Saturday afternoon's with the boys really meant,  get  this done and look forward to League 1 next season.

We are glad to see the back of ya!

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 13:26:39 »

yeah they did, but I can't see it being the club's choice. if the player wants to go then they'll go. the legal ramifications if it's an enforced extension could be huge.

that said, can another club afford to pay them at the moment...

still at least we only have most of our key players out of contract...oh bugger
Well it works both ways - clubs won't be under any obligation to extend contracts either if they don't want to. All the FIFA ruling does IIRC is *allow* for contract to be rolled over until end of season (whenever that is) in terms of registration, which might otherwise have got messy with international clearances etc. But it still requires the consent of both parties to the contract
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: