Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420097 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 18:37:57 »

Ppg the season and be done with it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 21:38:31 »

The Scottish decision could help.  Not exactly a precedent that has to be followed, but it would certainly make it easier to follow suit.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-vote-yes-spfl-proposal-18097487

Let’s not do it like Scotland, apparently Partick Thistle have been relegated despite having a game in hand that would take them out of the relegation zone if they won. Unsurprisingly they are already saying they will take legal action. Has to be PPG if going down the complete now route for this very reason.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 22:35:56 »

Would be interesting to hear their rationale for not using PPG.  It would be a shame to miss out on the title, but I could live with 2nd place, to be honest.  Promotion is the main consideration for me.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 07:40:38 »

All teams in a league should vote for where they think the other 23 would finish realistically.  that might work. any anomalies independently reviewed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:41:10 »

but I could live with 2nd place

They could do that, just allow 'promotion' but not crown a champion.

Local league youth football have crowned anyone in first or runner up spot that can not be caught on points, but scrapped it for everyone else. At least that's how I read their gumf.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:46:02 by Batch » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:45:37 »

There have been calls for promotion but no relegation and have a season with more teams in each league.

But those escaping relegation would be huge winners - especially in the PL - unless they can massively reduce those clubs’ financial gain.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:47:44 »

those escaping relegation would be huge winners - especially in the PL - unless they can massively reduce those clubs’ financial gain.

One presumes that to even be considered the existing members won't have their TV money diluted.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 09:07:33 »

There have been calls for promotion but no relegation and have a season with more teams in each league.

But those escaping relegation would be huge winners - especially in the PL - unless they can massively reduce those clubs’ financial gain.

It would only be the prem who would end up with more teams. No chance they vote that to dilute their TV money

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 09:21:21 »

Well and Bolton and Southend. If Bolton weren’t to get relegated they’d effectively have escaped any punishment for the mess they were in, that can’t happen.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 09:26:26 »

Reinstate the punishment next season.
Panda Paws

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:05:56 »

Would be interesting to hear their rationale for not using PPG.  It would be a shame to miss out on the title, but I could live with 2nd place, to be honest.  Promotion is the main consideration for me.

Watching football is the main consideration for me. Would rather we resumed when it's safe and lost every game than go up in these circumstances.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:21:38 »

weird! Smiley

The problem is you can't keep a squad together indefinitely. Once the limit of being able to do so is reached the whole thing becomes a farce fans or no fans.
Panda Paws

« Reply #87 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:25:24 »

weird! Smiley

The problem is you can't keep a squad together indefinitely. Once the limit of being able to do so is reached the whole thing becomes a farce fans or no fans.

Always been weird about this sort of stuff. I sort of don't care what division we're in, so long as I can get to some games and it's enjoyable when we're there, with positive fans and half-decent football. For example, I'd take this season over any of the last 2 or 3 in League One.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:34:00 »

fair enough. not judging you. it's hard to argue this season hasn't been the most enjoyable in a long time.
Flashheart

« Reply #89 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:36:08 »

I'm torn between wanting to take promotion now and wanting to continue what has been a very enoyable season. We can't be sure when the next one will come around.

Having said that, there's no guarantee this season will continue to be as much fun if it did continue. Rather a lot has changed since the last time we played.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: