Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 420109 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 15:01:56 »

That's not in the National League's gift without the cooperation of the Football League. The National League can say "These are the top two and we think they should go up" but if the Football League doesn't conclude then the League could just say no promotion or relegation this season and keep it to the current 23 teams (or more likely accept the top one from the National League to make it up to 24). So even if the Star's report is accurate as to what the National League will decide (which is just speculation on their part), their conclusions are bollocks.

From the Non League Paper:

BREAKING: Non-League Steps 3 to 6 have reached a consensus that the 2019/20 season will be ended with immediate effect and all results will be expunged.

This will mean that there will be no promotion or relegation of Clubs between Steps 3 to 6, or relegation from Step 2.

These decisions will also apply to the leagues and clubs at Step 7 of the National League System.

The FA will continue to assist and support the National League to determine the outcome of the 2019/20 season.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 15:03:31 »

Step 2 is National league North/south

Step 1 is National league
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 15:14:18 »

For us there is either going to a repeat of 1989/90 and 30 years on denied promotion because of off the field matters.

Alternatively a little bit of retribution 30 years on and we could be promoted without concluding the season.

The other irony is 1989/90 was the last time Liverpool won the league.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 15:37:01 »

From the Non League Paper:

BREAKING: Non-League Steps 3 to 6 have reached a consensus that the 2019/20 season will be ended with immediate effect and all results will be expunged.

This will mean that there will be no promotion or relegation of Clubs between Steps 3 to 6, or relegation from Step 2.

These decisions will also apply to the leagues and clubs at Step 7 of the National League System.

The FA will continue to assist and support the National League to determine the outcome of the 2019/20 season.
Original FA statement is here (says the same, NLP have copied and pasted pretty much):

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/mar/26/national-league-system-womens-football-pyramid-grassroots-covid-19-update-260320
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 16:10:20 »

Ooof, supermarine were 4th which I’m guessing would have been a play off place

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 16:12:56 »

As mentioned yesterday, it was inevitable for that level.

One or two teams playing catch-up because of cup runs and postponements is one thing but multiple levels all scrambling when players and staff have other commitments etc. was never going to happen.

Supermarine have indeed lost what would have been their highest finish. Expunged. Gone. A gutter for them.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, March 27, 2020, 18:26:18 »

EFL statement

The Premier League, EFL and PFA met today and discussed the growing seriousness of the COVID-19 pandemic.

It was stressed that the thoughts of all three organisations continue to be with everyone affected by the virus.

The Premier League, EFL and PFA agreed that difficult decisions will have to be taken in order to mitigate the economic impact of the current suspension of professional football in England and agreed to work together to arrive at shared solutions.

The leagues will not recommence until April 30 at the earliest. They will only do so when it is safe and conditions allow.

Further meetings will take place next week with a view to formulating a joint plan to deal with the difficult circumstances facing the leagues, their clubs, players, staff and fans.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #52 on: Friday, March 27, 2020, 18:28:35 »

Judging by that the EFL seem to want to finish the season, which is good. Things can change very quickly though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, March 27, 2020, 18:37:14 »

Judging by that the EFL seem to want to finish the season, which is good. Things can change very quickly though.

Either sorted by ppg or complexity of nearest roundabout (Flashheart's idea, I think).

If they bin off the season how can we be sure any game we watch again will count.  That would be a terrible decision.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #54 on: Friday, March 27, 2020, 18:41:26 »

Either sorted by ppg or complexity of nearest roundabout (Flashheart's idea, I think).

It would be a fucking scandal if they don't adopt it. (Or any other option that sees us promoted).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 08:06:34 »

Apparently, several clubs in L1 and L2 want the season finished now as it’s financially better for them than hanging on until the season is restarted - if it ever is. Players will be OOC end of June so that will help some.

For those clubs who want to do that, let them - they then forfeit the points to the opposition for any unplayed games.

All this kicking the can down the road is doing no favours to anyone. Finish the season any way they can. If it’s as you were on league positions now, then it’s just tough shit for some clubs. Same for ppg. If it’s not sorted very quickly more clubs will fold.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 08:19:34 »

Allowing a couple of teams to forfeit is still a farce if trying to complete the season and defies the whole point of finishing the season, doesn't it?

Also, awarding rollover points isn't fair to other sides and I imagine it would be more likely to see results expunged which means clubs losing as many as six points.
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 08:33:03 »

Not a good idea. It could seriously shift some postions around. Some teams that were at the top might miss out and others at the bottom might get an unfair reprieve at the cost of others. At least with PPG you get a reflection (albeit imperfect) of each team's performance overall.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 08:59:38 »

I get that there’s no good way of sorting it out, but the point really isn’t about certain clubs may benefit or be disadvantaged by it. It’s about some clubs very survival.

For all we know we could be one of the clubs pushing for it - I doubt it, but how does Power finance the club with no money coming in and nobody really sure where his ‘other’ money comes from. Is it enough to keep the club afloat? Is it something he actually wants to do - if he can’t afford it, he can’t afford it?

Will we still pay Doyle £5k a week after June in case the season restarts? Ditto the others?
Valid Pint

« Reply #59 on: Monday, April 13, 2020, 09:38:18 »

Apparently, several clubs in L1 and L2 want the season finished now as it’s financially better for them than hanging on until the season is restarted
Is this from a trusted news media outlet?

Qs I have. Match tickets I have already bought: if I cannot go to the game & I decide to donate the ticket fee to STFC, how can I be sure that the club benefits rather than someone else?
If I want a refund on my Walsall away match ticket, will I be penalising STFC or saddling Walsall with the repayment?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: