Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 422742 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1980 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:39:04 »

I'm also starting to wonder if we'll bother opening until tier 1.

I just can't see a solution unless the club's finances are not as precarious as I believe them to be (educated guesswork, not itk)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1981 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:40:26 »

Two questions:
 - How does that make sense? Genuine Q, not a snipe.
 - When did you buy your place on Shrivenham Road?
TBF it makes sense from an infection control perspective to try to control travel and mixing between different areas which is where I think he was coming from rather than first and foremost as an equitable way of distributing limited tickets. But infection control is a public health concern, that's not the club's job. The club has to operate in the parameters laid down by govt and local public health, it's their job to worry about infection control not the club's.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1982 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:42:19 »

TBF it makes sense from an infection control perspective to try to control travel and mixing between different areas which is where I think he was coming from rather than first and foremost as an equitable way of distributing limited tickets. But infection control is a public health concern, that's not the club's job. The club has to operate in the parameters laid down by govt and local public health, it's their job to worry about infection control not the club's.

Yeah that was my line of thinking Paul - sorry should have said it was from an infection control point of view! Good point about it not being the club's importance. It's certainly already enough of a headache for them
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1983 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:42:25 »

I'm also starting to wonder if we'll bother opening until tier 1.

I just can't see a solution unless the club's finances are not as precarious as I believe them to be (educated guesswork, not itk)
Difficult isn't it? 2000 only just looks like all additional cost and no additional revenue. Equally, it could also be regarded as a necessary stepping stone to 4,000 and then further opening up later on. So more of an investment in a wider return to football to prove it can be done safely, like the abandoned pilot schemes of the autumn
REDBUCK

« Reply #1984 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:51:25 »

Well I'm currently in a tier 3 so no unnecessary travel out of zone, so that's me out even if i wanted to.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1985 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 11:56:22 »

London tier 2 and Northants (where we are moving to next month) also in tier 2 so that's a relief.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1986 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:01:18 »

The sensible thing to do is just wait until we are Tier 1 and 4000 can attend.  Not bothering with Tier 2 2000 will only help to speed up getting us to tier 1.

We get very little from 2000 and I would rather be in a better place to have 4000 in say February, rather than trying things at tier 2 now and having 2000 until May.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1987 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:07:03 »

The sensible thing to do is just wait until we are Tier 1 and 4000 can attend.  Not bothering with Tier 2 2000 will only help to speed up getting us to tier 1.

We get very little from 2000 and I would rather be in a better place to have 4000 in say February, rather than trying things at tier 2 now and having 2000 until May.
I agree.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1988 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:10:22 »

The meltdown would be epic if the club decided that
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1989 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:12:26 »

Finances will decide it. If the numbers are similar to those Mark Palios calculated for Tranmere, matchday costs for 2000 with all the special measures required would probably generate a loss.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1990 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:14:49 »

The club have just put out an emotional twitter video that 'its happening' so looks like they are going ahead with having fans back.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1991 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:18:52 »

It'll interesting to see what they do.

You would think that Swindon aren't exactly in the place to cover the cost of losses to get 2,000 fans through the turnstiles.

I imagine the EFL will need to direct them. If there's support from the governing bodies then it's onwards and, hopefully, upwards.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1992 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:21:54 »

Quote from: Red Frog
Finances will decide it. If the numbers are similar to those Mark Palios calculated for Tranmere, matchday costs for 2000 with all the special measures required would probably generate a loss.

he said Tranmere spend £10k a game on costs.

the only way this is viable is to split ST and cash sales. But the uproar, especially when they will probably try and sell next season's STs soon, will be colossal
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1993 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:23:52 »

Also how many stands will they open as this may have an impact on how they choose the 2000 and where they are selected from as you could in theory have a Town end season ticket holder given a seat in the Arkells or Don Rogers stand etc.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:25:54 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1994 on: Thursday, November 26, 2020, 12:49:45 »

he said Tranmere spend £10k a game on costs.

the only way this is viable is to split ST and cash sales. But the uproar, especially when they will probably try and sell next season's STs soon, will be colossal

Was thinking the same re a ST / cash sale split.
I'd like to think that the majority of ST's would be understanding if that was the case.
Will probably have to be a fair old discount applied for 21-22 renewals.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: