Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 144   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, What Happens . . .  (Read 423973 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1470 on: Sunday, August 9, 2020, 12:33:00 »

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/extent-portsmouths-financial-losses-laid-bare-fans-question-clubs-ambition-2931855

Pompey losing 700k a month during shutdown. They probably have a bigger wage bill than most but all clubs will be struggling in proportion
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: Sunday, August 9, 2020, 12:42:46 »

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/extent-portsmouths-financial-losses-laid-bare-fans-question-clubs-ambition-2931855

Pompey losing 700k a month during shutdown. They probably have a bigger wage bill than most but all clubs will be struggling in proportion
Does also highlight how stupid the wage cap proposal is in its current form with them having a turnover close to £12m under normal circumstances. Restricting their wage bill to 21% of turnover is beyond ridiculous.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 17:52:35 »

Macclesfield relegated

Stevenage stay up after EFL meetinf today
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1473 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 17:54:09 »

Macclesfield relegated

Probs should be in the "what's right with footy" fred. Not good for their fans but integrity wise it would've been a farce if they had been allowed to stay up.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Panda Paws

« Reply #1474 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 15:52:16 »

Has anyone had any luck getting through to the ticket office to sort out refunds? I've been on hold for 60 mins or more three times this week.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1475 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 16:07:16 »

Has anyone had any luck getting through to the ticket office to sort out refunds? I've been on hold for 60 mins or more three times this week.

Still on furlough arent they? I sent an email the other day, not had anything back yet
Panda Paws

« Reply #1476 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 16:11:23 »

Still on furlough arent they? I sent an email the other day, not had anything back yet

Yes apparently so. I spoke with Danny seperately. I assumed they were back in given that
statement was made but not yet.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1477 on: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 21:28:39 »

So the pilot of crowds at sporting events can happen this weekend starting with the world snooker final, hopefully the first step to getting fans back in football stadiums in the near future.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1478 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 08:39:02 »

I’m sure there’s logic behind it, but is there much of a read across from how social distant attendance works at the snooker vs football?

What kind of timescales are they working towards?? I would have thought that pre season friendlies would be ideal for trialing how it would work in football, being that they’re generally less well attended anyway and less raucous than league/cup games

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 09:15:25 »

Some are back, I know this as I ordered our little lass a shirt at the start of lockdown and got an email saying it would be dispatched when staff were back from furlough and it turned up here about 3 weeks ago, amusingly a day before I received an email saying it was dispatched?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 09:29:10 »

I’m sure there’s logic behind it, but is there much of a read across from how social distant attendance works at the snooker vs football?

What kind of timescales are they working towards?? I would have thought that pre season friendlies would be ideal for trialing how it would work in football, being that they’re generally less well attended anyway and less raucous than league/cup games
It's all gearing up to the 1st of October for crowds returning. The snooker is going to allow a 300 person crowd, then they are going to do horse racing and some county cricket matches I believe. I'm guessing football with its reputation has been decided as not being a good choice for the first stage of trials.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1481 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 09:43:21 »

It's all gearing up to the 1st of October for crowds returning. The snooker is going to allow a 300 person crowd, then they are going to do horse racing and some county cricket matches I believe. I'm guessing football with its reputation has been decided as not being a good choice for the first stage of trials.

What I don't get is snooker going to be any different to say going to the pictures so not sure why it really needs a specific trial (apart from the standard being seen to be doing something), its the outdoors ones where the problems are likely to arise with access managing toilet facilities etc. Still think the main football issue will be how to manage x thousand middle aged male bladders after a few pints.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 10:00:13 »

What I don't get is snooker going to be any different to say going to the pictures so not sure why it really needs a specific trial (apart from the standard being seen to be doing something), its the outdoors ones where the problems are likely to arise with access managing toilet facilities etc. Still think the main football issue will be how to manage x thousand middle aged male bladders after a few pints.
It's the first stage so you start of easy and low risk which snooker effectively is. It's like with anything, you start easy first prove the model and gradually build it up to more complex situations.  Whatever they do at the snooker will be scaleable to other sporting events so based on trials capacities may be set on the number of entrances/exits, number of toilets etc. You've gotta start somewhere....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 10:39:00 »

It's the first stage so you start of easy and low risk which snooker effectively is. It's like with anything, you start easy first prove the model and gradually build it up to more complex situations.  Whatever they do at the snooker will be scaleable to other sporting events so based on trials capacities may be set on the number of entrances/exits, number of toilets etc. You've gotta start somewhere....
Also given cinema is a "known risk", the fact that snooker is more closely comparable to it than say cricket makes it easier to spot differences and make corrections if needed. Still have a lot of sympathy for non-league clubs as to why they can't allow at least some fans back in when they're looking at packed beaches (probably not today!), pubs etc and wondering why having 50-odd people paying a couple of quid to watch Nether Wallop play Outer Wallop spread out in the outdoors is going to pose such a huge risk. I know they've got to start somewhere but can't some of these things  be done in parallel? e.g. continue the large-scale events pilot but also allow non-league sides to have some paying fans back (maybe with a max limit imposed in case there's a sudden rush of football-starved fans turning up to the Nether/Outer Wallop derby)
« Last Edit: Friday, August 14, 2020, 10:42:42 by pauld » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1484 on: Friday, August 14, 2020, 10:39:23 »

It's the first stage so you start of easy and low risk which snooker effectively is. It's like with anything, you start easy first prove the model and gradually build it up to more complex situations.  Whatever they do at the snooker will be scaleable to other sporting events so based on trials capacities may be set on the number of entrances/exits, number of toilets etc. You've gotta start somewhere....

Entirely understand that and the principle, but to revert back to my original point I am not sure what cross over snooker has with the majority of other sports crowds to warrant being a pilot, its getting large groups in and out of a seated auditorium and thus seems exactly the same as cinema's etc which already have guidelines and methodologies in place.

Cricket and possibly racing  is going to be the real steer for football I suggest, I assume they won't be selling booze in the grounds initially?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 144   Go Up
Print
Jump to: