Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smartphone under £350  (Read 4993 times)
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 09:19:22 »

The only good 'one handed' phone I found last year when looking was the s10e, but it's pricey. Cracking phone though and perfect size. I'm not a fan of the giant phones so it limits the options.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 09:27:16 »

The only good 'one handed' phone I found last year when looking was the s10e, but it's pricey. Cracking phone though and perfect size. I'm not a fan of the giant phones so it limits the options.

Same as the iPhone 6s+ was way too big for me. Can you tell me who makes the S10e is it a Samsung?

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 09:37:25 »

I purchased a Ulefone Note 7 as I needed a cheap replacement for my work phone. It is perfectly acceptable.

Nothing to see here
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 14:14:24 »

Same as the iPhone 6s+ was way too big for me. Can you tell me who makes the S10e is it a Samsung?

Yes, Samsung. It's good and will last a few years but probably over budget.  I managed to pick one up for £485 last year via a Luxembourg retailer. It's available from Italian Amazon for £370, corona special. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s10e-display-58-128-gb-3407597
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 14:25:29 »

Yes, Samsung. It's good and will last a few years but probably over budget.  I managed to pick one up for £485 last year via a Luxembourg retailer. It's available from Italian Amazon for £370, corona special. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s10e-display-58-128-gb-3407597

Cheers cookie and one that I've never heard of. I've had my eye on the Samsung A51 & Huawei P30 lite  but was unsure if either are any good 

So, give no fucks
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 18:43:16 »

Many thanks for your views so would you say the G7+ is still a good phone as that is now on sale for £180 where the G8+ is £70 dearer

Yeah, love my G7+, missus wanted one with a better camera so she got the 8 but tbh they're much of a muchness. You'd be hard pressed to get a better phone £ for £ than the G7+ for £180.

I use Microsoft launcher over the top of the normal UI because I'm a sadistic bastard (and run it on all my android devices), but it basically runs stock Android 9, and the built in Moto stuff is 90% useful and 10% unobtrusive. You can shake to turn on the flashlight and camera and various other things, which sounds like a gimmick but is actually dead handy.

Just make sure you get the G7+ because there's also the G7 power and G7 play which are lower spec but with a bigger battery for the power and just a bit worse all round for the play.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 18:48:35 »

Yeah, love my G7+, missus wanted one with a better camera so she got the 8 but tbh they're much of a muchness. You'd be hard pressed to get a better phone £ for £ than the G7+ for £180.

I use Microsoft launcher over the top of the normal UI because I'm a sadistic bastard (and run it on all my android devices), but it basically runs stock Android 9, and the built in Moto stuff is 90% useful and 10% unobtrusive. You can shake to turn on the flashlight and camera and various other things, which sounds like a gimmick but is actually dead handy.

Just make sure you get the G7+ because there's also the G7 power and G7 play which are lower spec but with a bigger battery for the power and just a bit worse all round for the play.

Many thanks! Just been looking on YouTube how do you find the teardrop intrusive or ok?

So, give no fucks
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 10:26:57 »

Bit late to this, but have a look at the OnePlus range. Phenomenal phones for a great price. The Latest one out this year is the OnePlus 8 will retail around £500-£700. Snapdragon 865 Octa-Core chip. Up to 12GB RAM. 60MP Camera. This, for the price, blows your iPhone's and Samsung's out of the water.

I know you are looking for something around the 350 mark and I'm sure if you look down the ranges a little to the 6 or 7 you will fine something for that price.
The specs wont be AS good as the 8 i described above but you will still get a lot of bang for your buck.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 10:45:33 »

Bit late to this, but have a look at the OnePlus range. Phenomenal phones for a great price. The Latest one out this year is the OnePlus 8 will retail around £500-£700. Snapdragon 865 Octa-Core chip. Up to 12GB RAM. 60MP Camera. This, for the price, blows your iPhone's and Samsung's out of the water.

I know you are looking for something around the 350 mark and I'm sure if you look down the ranges a little to the 6 or 7 you will fine something for that price.
The specs wont be AS good as the 8 i described above but you will still get a lot of bang for your buck.

Many thanks chubbs I wil take a look

So, give no fucks
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 19:41:37 »

Many thanks! Just been looking on YouTube how do you find the teardrop intrusive or ok?

Thought I would, but I don't notice it anymore. The UI does a decent job of 'hiding' it in most applications. Again, you're unlikely to find phones without some kind of notch now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 20:10:24 »

Thought I would, but I don't notice it anymore. The UI does a decent job of 'hiding' it in most applications. Again, you're unlikely to find phones without some kind of notch now.

Thanks again honkytonk. I did notice the new Samsung A51 has a pinhole rather than a notch but was trying to get away from that make

So, give no fucks
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 10:01:59 »

I've got a Nokia 6.1 which I paid about £200 for I think. Had it around 18 months, it uses Android One. Cracking phone. I'll never go flagship again.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 10:24:11 »

I'll never go flagship again.
I find all boats too large for the pocket.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: