Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smartphone under £350  (Read 4990 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:30:40 »

Just wondering what sim free mobiles under £350 are recommended as the iPhone 7 is at the top of my budget but could get a Huawei P30 lite, Samsung A50 or Nokia 7&8 for a lot cheaper

So, give no fucks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 18:15:08 »

I purchased a P30 lite last May and am still pleased with it.  Is there a new model?

I really use it for phone, work and business email, WhatsApp, texts and photos, web news, one or 2 forums and navigation.

The camera seems very decent.

I don't use so many apps but I sense there may be a few less available.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 18:25:14 »

Cheers red rag and the P30 lite is one I've been considering but don't know anyone who has an Huawei phone. You're right there is a new one out but it's basically double the storage 250gb and a better selfie camera of which neither are of interest to make me pay £290. Also the model you has a £40 cashback on purchase so would only cost £190 which seems a good price

So, give no fucks
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 19:29:21 »

I'm a fan of Motorola's. I've got a G7+ and Mrs H has a G8+. Both excellent mid range phones for under £200
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 19:38:39 »

I've just bought a p30 pro, happy enough though with all the Huawei phones I've had. though I'm not sure of the current state of  models coming out and Google services. Definitely  won't buy another of it loses access to that.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 19:44:00 »

I'm a fan of Motorola's. I've got a G7+ and Mrs H has a G8+. Both excellent mid range phones for under £200
I've been using Motorola G phones since they first came out. Consistently won all the 'budget phone' awards. They've started to go a bit more mid-range now. Am using my sons old G6 which is pretty damn decent - I'd imagine the newer models are even better.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 19:51:20 »

Are the G7+ & G8+ really big or not that bad?

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 19:52:26 »

I've just bought a p30 pro, happy enough though with all the Huawei phones I've had. though I'm not sure of the current state of  models coming out and Google services. Definitely  won't buy another of it loses access to that.

Many thanks Batch and that doubt over Huawei and google just won't go away

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 19:53:09 »

I've been using Motorola G phones since they first came out. Consistently won all the 'budget phone' awards. They've started to go a bit more mid-range now. Am using my sons old G6 which is pretty damn decent - I'd imagine the newer models are even better.

I'm with you. I had the G4. The Mrs had the G5 and my current phone is the G6. Does everything i need it to. I keep my phone's until they get slow etc and this is still going strong.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 20:28:21 »

If you're looking at refurbs a OnePlus 6T still outspecs most new phones. It's also got the best Android operating system I've used.

Look at Oppo phones for brand new (OnePlus's sister company). The operating system isn't as nice though.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 20:31:43 »

If you're looking at refurbs a OnePlus 6T still outspecs most new phones. It's also got the best Android operating system I've used.

Look at Oppo phones for brand new (OnePlus's sister company). The operating system isn't as nice though.

Thanks Simon I'll check them out

So, give no fucks
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 20:44:13 »

I'd still be using me OnePlus 5 had I not crippled it in a rage and it would still be lightning quick. I've got the 7 Pro now, the only issue is that they've got expensive to buy new and the cameras could be better for a flagship phone.

The Moto Gs are also great budget phones. Our teenager had one for his birthday and it blew his budget Samsung it replaced out of the water.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 20:51:30 »

I'd still be using me OnePlus 5 had I not crippled it in a rage and it would still be lightning quick. I've got the 7 Pro now, the only issue is that they've got expensive to buy new and the cameras could be better for a flagship phone.

The Moto Gs are also great budget phones. Our teenager had one for his birthday and it blew his budget Samsung it replaced out of the water.

I have to admit I don't know anything about the one plus phones so will check out reviews on YouTube and there's still a little doubt in my mind regarding Huawei phones

So, give no fucks
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 08:21:50 »

Are the G7+ & G8+ really big or not that bad?

Screen is 6.2 on the 7+ and 6.3 on the 8+, I came from a Galaxy S5 so I gained an inch in screen size but I didn't really notice the extra physical size, other than it stuck marginally out the top of pockets the S5 used to disappear inside. There's a much smaller bezel on the G's so the overall dimensions aren't massively different for a bigger screen.

My G7+ works out about 6"x3" whereas my S5 was 5.5x2.8. They're both near identical thickness, but the G7+ being marginally bigger 'feels' thinner if that makes sense.

You're hard pressed to find 'small' phones now, most manufacturers are building at least around the upper 5"-6" mark for screen sizes.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 08:47:30 »

Screen is 6.2 on the 7+ and 6.3 on the 8+, I came from a Galaxy S5 so I gained an inch in screen size but I didn't really notice the extra physical size, other than it stuck marginally out the top of pockets the S5 used to disappear inside. There's a much smaller bezel on the G's so the overall dimensions aren't massively different for a bigger screen.

My G7+ works out about 6"x3" whereas my S5 was 5.5x2.8. They're both near identical thickness, but the G7+ being marginally bigger 'feels' thinner if that makes sense.

You're hard pressed to find 'small' phones now, most manufacturers are building at least around the upper 5"-6" mark for screen sizes.

Many thanks for your views so would you say the G7+ is still a good phone as that is now on sale for £180 where the G8+ is £70 dearer

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: