Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29918 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:02:54 »

Any predictions on how this pans out, after all we've plenty of time to speculate.

I reckon we're looking at a prolonged break, finish the season in June/July and then straight into next season. Otherwise a tough decision will be needed by the powers over whether to abandon with results standing as is, or null/void and start again. The last option stitches Town up the most so will be the one, someone reassure me.
Everyone is prevaricating at the moment. How they’ve arrived at 4 April as some arbitrary date when things could be back to ‘normal’ I have no idea.

Obviously, we’d like the season to end as is but that’s grossly unfair on those clubs that miss out by a gnat’s nob.

Again, it’s grossly unfair on those clubs who look most likely to get promoted/relegated to have the season binned off.

I reckon, come April 4 all EFL players should have been tested and if clear play the remaining fixtures behind closed doors.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:14:33 »

Everyone is prevaricating at the moment. How they’ve arrived at 4 April as some arbitrary date when things could be back to ‘normal’ I have no idea.

Obviously, we’d like the season to end as is but that’s grossly unfair on those clubs that miss out by a gnat’s nob.

Again, it’s grossly unfair on those clubs who look most likely to get promoted/relegated to have the season binned off.

I reckon, come April 4 all EFL players should have been tested and if clear play the remaining fixtures behind closed doors.
The tests don't work until people start to display symptoms, so it's an ongoing thing. You can't just test a load of people and say "Yep, you're all good". This two weeks is just to buy themselves some time I reckon, at least until they see what UEFA do about the Euros (because that gives all the leagues time to extend). But given it's supposed to be heading toward a peak, rather than declining, there's likely to be more people, including players, infected come April 4th than there are now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:25:18 »

yeah, can't see April 4th being better than now that's for sure.

and anyway the government may step in towards the peak to free up the emergency services that attend sport...
hanneyred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:31:16 »

Surely the season has to be scrapped or finished, but that has to be before June due to player contracts???
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:32:53 »

The Oldham manager has suggested just playing the remaining season over the next two weeks which frankly makes more sense than delaying. Surely by April things will be even worse?

Sent from my Mi A1
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:35:40 »

Surely the season has to be scrapped or finished, but that has to be before June due to player contracts???
End of June. Player contracts run until June 30th. But given it's supposed to be peaking around June, suspect the point will be moot.
Panda Paws

« Reply #51 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:42:57 »

I think the only sensible thing here is to extrapolate a PPG average and end the season. It's ridiculously unfair, but a better option than canceling the whole season and starting again.

BCD doesn't work when players can't train and have the virus, and there's not really a window for the resumption of the season unless it's all over by April 3, which it won't be.

This would also give us the title, but that's irrelevant in my thinking.
Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:56:24 »

I don't think there is an option that is going to be fair to everybody.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:00:44 »

Wow!

We will all remember this season......good and bad..

Clems Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:02:01 »

Remaining games played on FIFA online by managers?

I reckon Richie might be alright at it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:06:37 »

Some teams have played 36 games some 37.

Void all the games  that took teams to 37 so all have played 36 and finish the season then?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:07:26 »

I think the only sensible thing here is to extrapolate a PPG average and end the season. It's ridiculously unfair, but a better option than canceling the whole season and starting again.

BCD doesn't work when players can't train and have the virus, and there's not really a window for the resumption of the season unless it's all over by April 3, which it won't be.

This would also give us the title, but that's irrelevant in my thinking.
Completely agree, although the title may be slightly more relevant in mine Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #57 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:10:34 »

Completely agree, although the title may be slightly more relevant in mine Smiley

The thing is this would be shit even for us. A ghost title, when we're on course to win it anyway.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:12:03 »

Some teams have played 36 games some 37.

Void all the games  that took teams to 37 so all have played 36 and finish the season then?
That'll do for me.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:15:00 »

The thing is this would be shit even for us. A ghost title, when we're on course to win it anyway.
Oh I agree. We've had a glorious season and the fans and the team deserve to see that run to its logical conclusion and bask in the glory of a thoroughly deserved title. But that's very unlikely to happen now so let's at least avoid the "just cancel the season" option and start again next season in L1. Playing in what will by then be a zombie-infested wasteland Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: