Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29427 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 15:59:15 »

Sod society. How am I to retain my sanity with the prospect of no footy for months on end, only endless circular arguments on the TEF?

Suicide

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 16:02:07 »

Our wind tunnel advantage should be massively diminished if they play the rest of the season in April/May/June.

If there's regular football (and maybe rugby) throughout the summer, they'd be as well cancelling the county cricket season this year.  Cricket is poorly attended as it is...but this would kill it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 16:18:18 »

If there's regular football (and maybe rugby) throughout the summer, they'd be as well cancelling the county cricket season this year.  Cricket is poorly attended as it is...but this would kill it.

With all due respect to those that enjoy cricket, good! Time to put cricket in the bin, baseball can go with it as well. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 16:24:44 »

I'm no fan of the Football League but this is nonsense. How much money do you think the Football League has as reserves as an organisation? I'd be astonished if it was enough to cover the losses of clubs in L2, much less L1 and Championship. The Premier League is a rich organisation which could and should help out with solidarity payments, possibly jointly with its members, but I don't think the Football League is in a position to do this.

Is the PL a rich organisation or is it premier league clubs (most) that are rich ?

The FL must have some reserves, granted maybe not as mush as PL, but it is probably not all clubs that would need assistance (maybe depends how long it goes on for though).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 16:38:03 »

Is the PL a rich organisation or is it premier league clubs (most) that are rich ?
Both. The clubs are richer but the PL has a fair bit in its own right. Hence the suggestion that they could share the burden:
The FL must have some reserves, granted maybe not as mush as PL, but it is probably not all clubs that would need assistance (maybe depends how long it goes on for though).
Probably, maybe, possibly. How much do the FL have in reserve then? How many clubs will need bailing out and at what cost? Unless you have any idea on either of these figures you're waffling
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:04:26 »

Surely the answer is for the Pools Panel to sit to decide the remaining games this season.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:25:56 »

Sod society. How am I to retain my sanity with the prospect of no footy for months on end, only endless circular arguments on the TEF?

Suicide

Reg will be rubbing his gloved, sanitised hands together Smiley  Hang on. Has he been to China?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:34:35 »

A problem with extending the season is that players contracts will have potentially ran out depending on the duration of the extension. All very messy.
REDBUCK

« Reply #98 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:35:44 »

Will Sky/BT be demanding back some of their billions that has already been distributed for TV games no longer being played.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:40:16 »

A problem with extending the season is that players contracts will have potentially ran out depending on the duration of the extension. All very messy.

I would imagine they will be on a rolling monthly contract until the season finishes

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:42:51 »

I would imagine they will be on a rolling monthly contract until the season finishes
But what about the players clubs don’t want to keep, you can’t force clubs to renew contracts of people they don’t want and would leave players unable to find another club as season is still ongoing. It would be very messy.
Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:43:49 »

It's going to be very messy whatever happens.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 17:50:01 »

To be fair football is going to be way down the list of worries/priorities the next few weeks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 18:02:59 »

But what about the players clubs don’t want to keep, you can’t force clubs to renew contracts of people they don’t want and would leave players unable to find another club as season is still ongoing. It would be very messy.

I agree very messy but normally players that aren't wanted by the manager are told around March so it wouldn't affect them

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 18:04:01 »

Both. The clubs are richer but the PL has a fair bit in its own right. Hence the suggestion that they could share the burden:Probably, maybe, possibly. How much do the FL have in reserve then? How many clubs will need bailing out and at what cost? Unless you have any idea on either of these figures you're waffling

fifa and uefa are fucking rolling in it. $6 million revenue for the 2018 world cup. They should protect the sport.

as long as its a confirmed delay and not a season write off I reckon the majority could probably get away without assistance. if you projected income of £100k from remaining home cames as an example, a 0% £100k loan until the games are back on would work depending how far the season is extended.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: