Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29415 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:16:41 »

Well I'll look forward to receiving a credit or reimbursement on my iFollow subscription of the remaining matches.  Hmmm

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:19:48 »

I wonder if the FA will help struggling clubs in L1 and L2?

Doubt it.

Only good at extracting money....

Clems Army!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:20:02 »

The joy of independent travel to football.
Advance train tickets. Non refundable.  Angry

Will try and get away with changing the journey until a reason to visit Manchester crops up again.

Drinking at elite level will be continuing as normal.

March is a busy time for gigs, but I guess it's a matter of time before indoor gatherings are stopped as well.

The season could be extended if Euro 2020 is postponed, but can't see it happening if the spread hasn't even peaked yet.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:20:14 »

to cancel the season and void it would be dispicable..
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:21:31 »

I don't think there is an option that is going to be fair to everybody.
Could it even be back to the old fashioned pools panel ??!!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:22:32 »

If the peak isn’t due for another 10-14 weeks then I can’t see this ending in anything other than all leagues/cups being declared as null and void in May/June time, come back and start again in August.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:23:12 »

to cancel the season and void it would be dispicable..

Other sports already have, i think it will become inevitable
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:24:12 »

Is there any scenario whereby the piss stains end up in non league (again)?

I think 36/37 games is way too much of a chunk of a season just to dismiss it.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:24:48 »

Unbelievable. All because of one country and their disgusting eating habits  Crying

Cats are better than dogs FACT
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:29:21 »

I suspect the easy solution (And thus the one the league will take) will be to void the whole season, no promotion or relegation and just start again in August.

No idea of the contracts the clubs have with the league, but imagine its their toy and they can do what they like with it!

Its going to be the death of some clubs I fear.
Panda Paws

« Reply #70 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:35:03 »

I suspect the easy solution (And thus the one the league will take) will be to void the whole season, no promotion or relegation and just start again in August.

No idea of the contracts the clubs have with the league, but imagine its their toy and they can do what they like with it!

Its going to be the death of some clubs I fear.

Way more open to legal challenge than ending the season with current standings. I wonder whether this is covered in the terms of entry to the league?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:44:25 »

Way more open to legal challenge than ending the season with current standings.
That's going to be the key. There will be some serious lawsuits flying about if teams get relegated/miss out on promotion because of whatever decision is taken so the leagues will want to know they're watertight.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 12:54:05 »

Its a worry as you cannot see the season resuming any time soon, then if / when they do they cant say right lets go as with players not playing for however many weeks and presumably not training everyday they at least have to give clubs notice to make step up training rather than saying right, lets go next weekend.

As for scrapping the I'm not so sure I can see that happening, but whatever they do opens up to law suits unless they complete it, and then do they potentially delay the start of next season to allow for proper close seasons.....this has the potential to go nuclear as surely whatever the FL does has to be in line to PL also.

I see its being reported that the FL are to approach the government about emergency funding, what a load of crap the FL have enough in their pot and if not go cap in hand to the PL.
Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 13:06:19 »

Is there precedence for this?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 13:08:30 »

Is there precedence for this?

War in 1939 I suppose, but I think that was about five games into the season so I can't imagine anyone minded cancelling the lot quite as much - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1939%E2%80%9340_Football_League
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: