Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29572 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:08:39 »

Looking increasingly likely that football will go into lockdown.

Wasn't that long ago some of the usual suspects disagreed with my contention that matters STFC are rarely straightforward
Yes because you always knew coronavirus was coming didn't you oh great sage? Fucking hell, smug much?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:16:26 »

Yes because you always knew coronavirus was coming didn't you oh great sage? Fucking hell, smug much?

As usual point missed.  It just emphasises that as a Town fan you just never know....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:22:56 »

Needless to say, I had the last laugh.
scillyred

« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:54:45 »

As a lurker I don't often post on here but................... Crash Crash Crash Crash

To Reg's posts...........................
« Last Edit: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:56:21 by scillyred » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:22:01 »

"BREAKING: Premier League and EFL look set to announce both will be suspended until at least Apr 4th, when situation will be reviewed. Hearing EFL board agreed on this unanimously. Premier League meeting happening in 10 mins when clubs will be urged to follow suit"

BBC Sport
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:44:27 »

As usual point missed.  It just emphasises that as a Town fan you just never know....
Not exactly Town-centric. Affects each and every club. Personally, can’t see it being any better come 4th April - apart from Baudry being fit!
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:45:35 »

Postpone it for long enough and we might even get Conroy back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:50:55 »

Not exactly Town-centric. Affects each and every club. Personally, can’t see it being any better come 4th April - apart from Baudry being fit!

I know, but why couldn't it have coincided with a very average season like last year, when we were about 13th and going nowhere?

Reading what Wellens said about Baudry... he gets back fit, then has to prove it in training and picks up a fresh tweak and repeat

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:51:22 »

Postpone it for long enough and we might even get Conroy back.
Knowing our luck, the games will commence when Doyle and Grant are OOC, REG, DJ, Benda, Admiral’s loans are terminated!
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:52:59 »

Knowing our luck, the games will commence when Doyle and Grant are OOC, REG, DJ, Benda, Admiral’s loans are terminated!

You'd think they'd make allowances for that.

But then those at the top are not known for always using common sense.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:53:10 »

I know, but why couldn't it have coincided with a very average season like last year, when we were about 13th and going nowhere?

Reading what Wellens said about Baudry... he gets back fit, then has to prove it in training and picks up a fresh tweak and repeat
Do you think the EFL would countenance scrapping this entire season? They’d get their arses sued.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:55:24 »

I’ve already bought 3 tickets for Walsall away, cancelled flights, car hire and accommodation.

Still, mustn’t grumble!

Presume they’ll refund the tickets.

« Last Edit: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:57:45 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:56:10 »

Any predictions on how this pans out, after all we've plenty of time to speculate.

I reckon we're looking at a prolonged break, finish the season in June/July and then straight into next season. Otherwise a tough decision will be needed by the powers over whether to abandon with results standing as is, or null/void and start again. The last option stitches Town up the most so will be the one, someone reassure me.
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:59:07 »

Confirmed - all games suspended until 3rd April
woolster

« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:00:09 »

most of the footie cancelled over the weekend, but just heard on the radio that the six nations Wales V Scotland match is deffo on, are rugby fans and players immune Crash
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: