Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Go Fund Me/Just Giving for STFC  (Read 4291 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 10:21:41 »

With all the reports of clubs potentially going under and struggling during all of this, wages maybe not being paid etc. I just wondered what people’s thoughts would be on setting up a Go Fund Me or Just Giving page with all the contributions going to the club?
I know some won’t like the idea at all, and some wouldn’t trust the money would be used correctly, or would understandably prefer to give what spare cash they do have to charities, but every little could help at the moment and I would like a club to watch when all this is over.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 10:27:52 »

With all the reports of clubs potentially going under and struggling during all of this, wages maybe not being paid etc. I just wondered what people’s thoughts would be on setting up a Go Fund Me or Just Giving page with all the contributions going to the club?
I know some won’t like the idea at all, and some wouldn’t trust the money would be used correctly, or would understandably prefer to give what spare cash they do have to charities, but every little could help at the moment and I would like a club to watch when all this is over.
Do we know if the club actually need it at the moment? Wouldn't be opposed to the idea in principle but think it would gain more traction if/when there was a real need for it
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 10:31:47 »

No, nothing has been suggest that they do, I was just thinking out loud really after reading a report this morning that multiple clubs could go under due to this.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 11:23:04 »

No, nothing has been suggest that they do, I was just thinking out loud really after reading a report this morning that multiple clubs could go under due to this.
I'd get in touch with Ben Hooke on Twitter if I was you he'd be the best conduit into the club at the moment and could give an idea if it is needed. Hopefully it's not....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 11:35:51 »

I'd get in touch with Ben Hooke on Twitter if I was you he'd be the best conduit into the club at the moment and could give an idea if it is needed. Hopefully it's not....
I'd have thought we should be in a better position than a lot of clubs because we'd got most of our ST money in before it hit. Whereas some were only just starting to sell them or hadn't started at all
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: