Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 72749 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 23:12:53 »

They deserved to win.  Or we deserved to lose if you prefer.

Just one game.  Onwards.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 08:20:45 »

Anyone hear Wellens comments after the game ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 08:31:33 »

Anyone hear Wellens comments after the game ??.

Along the lines of:
- They had 2 chances and took them well
- If you're going to lose a game, that's the way to do it. Players never gave up right to the end
- Ref was poor and completely lost it for 10 minutes of the game. Mentioned the left back who couldn't hold a ball that the ball boy passed it to him
- Players have been brilliant, especially at home to not lose since September. Will bounce back at Oldham
- Rued chances we had (Anderson bar, Yates cleared off the line and post), would have been a different game
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 09:53:44 »

Yesterday was my fault and I’d like to apologise.
I’ve been to every home game this season, all the times we have lost I have been sat in there Arkells Stand, as I was yesterday, instead of my usual seat in the DRS.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 13:57:25 »

Along the lines of:
- They had 2 chances and took them well
- If you're going to lose a game, that's the way to do it. Players never gave up right to the end
- Ref was poor and completely lost it for 10 minutes of the game. Mentioned the left back who couldn't hold a ball that the ball boy passed it to him
- Players have been brilliant, especially at home to not lose since September. Will bounce back at Oldham
- Rued chances we had (Anderson bar, Yates cleared off the line and post), would have been a different game
Thanks.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 14:03:37 »

Must admit yesterday was shit, the referee ruined a poor game and our luck was just out.  As already stated,  2 off the post,  1 off the bar, 1 off the line and a stone wall penalty not given,  don't know where the ref was looking even a blind man could have seen that one,  another day and one of those chances gone in it would have been a different game.  Not panicking yet, just need to carry on where we left off and write this one off.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 14:11:27 »

One thing I am beginning to notice is that Broadbent is becoming the new Miles Storey or Tom Smith with what seems massively overinflated opinions of his ability and irrational demands for him to play. I’ve seen a number of people say if he had started we would have won yesterday but that just nonsense as we were poor all round. He’s an adequate back up but that’s it in my opinion and let’s not forget he’s 28 so hardly a kid learning his trade.
Doesn’t help that as soon as you give reasons why he has dropped out you get what i guess is his dad or another relative just respond with sarcastic reactions.
Wellens gets to see him in training everyday and knows how he wants us to play so I trust his judgement, although that said I’m beginning to wonder what the deal is with Admiral.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 14:16:44 »

Can I ask anyone who uses ifollow to complain on the official site about the ridiculous use of replays. The more of us that do then they might actually do something.

In regards to yesterday’s game , fryers was at fault for the first goal. He was totally oblivious to their striker and left him in loads of space.
The second was a cock up between Caddis and reg.
Was t our day and the ref was nearly as frustrating as the ifollow replays
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 15:15:07 »

Can I ask anyone who uses ifollow to complain on the official site about the ridiculous use of replays. The more of us that do then they might actually do something.

In regards to yesterday’s game , fryers was at fault for the first goal. He was totally oblivious to their striker and left him in loads of space.
The second was a cock up between Caddis and reg.
Was t our day and the ref was nearly as frustrating as the ifollow replays

Also, why do they have to cut the post match commentary so quickly? Surely they could let the commentary run, as it used to, so we can hear the manager's post match summary!

AS for replays, I'll complain about the overuse/poor timing but maybe it would be better to scrap them altogether and we can just use the rewind/slow function for any moment we care to replay.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 15:19:01 by wheretherealredsare » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 15:18:11 »

Also, why do they have to cut the post match commentary so quickly? Surely they could let the commentary run, as it used to, so we can hear the manager's post match summary!

Simple solution. Just switch to BBC Sounds and you can listen to all the post match on there. No restriction bollocks. Sometimes get it as soon as the whistle goes too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 15:22:56 »

Simple solution. Just switch to BBC Sounds and you can listen to all the post match on there. No restriction bollocks. Sometimes get it as soon as the whistle goes too.

Only available in the UK, which means switching to VPN for ex pat fans. 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 15:32:55 »

Only available in the UK, which means switching to VPN for ex pat fans. 

Easier to get on BBC based streaming than it is on iFollow (less VPN blockers). Where are you based? Is it China? or did I make that up?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 16:01:46 »

Maybe mixed me up with China Red who I hope is safe and well. I am in Russia.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 18:52:14 »

Must admit yesterday was shit, the referee ruined a poor game and our luck was just out.  As already stated,  2 off the post,  1 off the bar, 1 off the line and a stone wall penalty not given,  don't know where the ref was looking even a blind man could have seen that one,  another day and one of those chances gone in it would have been a different game.  Not panicking yet, just need to carry on where we left off and write this one off.
Not read back, but wasn't this the same ref who allowed the offside Northampton goal to stand?
china red

« Reply #344 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 19:06:11 »

Maybe mixed me up with China Red who I hope is safe and well. I am in Russia.

I'm near Leamington Spa now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: